• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston Tigers Basketball

Started by tiger2016, November 03, 2014, 06:31:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger2016

Last year was a good year that should of ended in a state championship instead of a runner-up

How is Charleston going to do this year?

WPWells

Can't necessarily say last year should have ended in a state championship. ECS was a dang good team

I currently have us ranked #3 in the 3A. I'm most interested to see the contribution that Lenihan makes

NEA Razorback olfan

12th man, how many starters return for Charleston ?

WPWells

Three:

King - PG
Ward - SF (arguably the best player in the 3A)
Smith - C (6'7")

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 03, 2014, 06:48:24 pm
Three:

King - PG
Ward - SF (arguably the best player in the 3A)
Smith - C (6'7")

Charleston  should do well this year , we played the Charleston  girls but not your boys team last year, Boys sound tough , good luck on your season.

jr17

Any team with Ward is going to be a tough team. Really hope something happens and MF sees Charleston in state again. That was a great game I wouldn't mind watching again.!!

Kitty01

Wards little brother mike ward is taller longer and can stright lite it up from three land. We will not miss the Fenner kid one bit. See yall at the title game!

BigCatMan

Quote from: Kitty01 on November 15, 2014, 05:16:36 pm
Wards little brother mike ward is taller longer and can stright lite it up from three land. We will not miss the Fenner kid one bit. See yall at the title game!

For what it's worth, it would be nice to not have to see anyone n here run down a kid like that. I know that there is some history here ut it is not the kids fault.

Kitty01

really saying we are not going to miss a kid is running him down really, I hope the best for the kid he is a good ball player I just thing mike ward is better. That is not running a kid down, that is an opinion sir or miss what ever u are

BigMan15

Not my opinon of running him down...they wont miss him this year...they have other guys to take that void plus i think that they will be a different team this year...matthew ward will have to do everything for this team, smith will have to step up big time...mike ward is impressive in pregames and he has improved this offseason...the other guys on the team will have to know their role...could be interesting this year...

channing

The Ward kid could score 30 a game if he wasn't so unselfish , they play at Prairie Gtove Thursday 20th. PG won't have 6'7 big man and 3 others main guys so C town should win pretty comfortable .

BigMan15

How many assists did he average last year???

BigCatMan

Quote from: Kitty01 on November 15, 2014, 05:58:10 pm
really saying we are not going to miss a kid is running him down really, I hope the best for the kid he is a good ball player I just thing mike ward is better. That is not running a kid down, that is an opinion sir or miss what ever u are

I do agree that what you said was not meant to be harmful. I was just stating that maybe the boys name wasn't mentioned. I am just looking forward to seeing what everyone has this year. Btw, I am a sir.

channing

How are the Charleston girls this year ? I noticed they play Prairie Grove Thursday night , how will they match up their ?

mi-ky

Charleston girls will be ok, nothing special but they will play the game the right way. I think it could get ugly against PG. PG will be one of the top teams in 4A this year.

channing

PG is small and athletic and young, they have zero seniors on the team, so 3 juniors and 2 soph. that start

chuckBB

Quote from: channing on November 19, 2014, 08:28:45 am
PG is small and athletic and young, they have zero seniors on the team, so 3 juniors and 2 soph. that start
You were right but your team is quick and had two good shooters. I hope CHS will get better because they looked mighty tired.

channing

Yes sir, PG just kind of got out in front and Charleston couldnt respond, but you guys girls have some players,ya should be fine.

channing

But at least our boys held Ward to under 40  :'(  That guy is a beast !!!  our boys stayed with then to the end sorta but just too much Ward

BigMan15

channing

PG girls 70-40 ish.  boys Ctown 63-50

Kitty01

I heard pg was pretty good this year are they that good or is charleston girls just that bad?

centralarfan

Exactly the same as last season...short of winning the championship

chuckBB

Quote from: centralarfan on November 21, 2014, 12:25:24 pm
Exactly the same as last season...short of winning the championship
I am confused. What are you talking about?

WPWells

Charleston 53
Fort Smith Southside 50

BigMan15

WPWells

Wolfpack68

Will Ty Storey play? Lol
I remember about 3 years ago in Fordyce when PTOWN played Charleston. Great game. We couldn't stop that one big guy. He killed us all night.

chuckBB

December 02, 2014, 10:33:08 pm #28 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:10:33 am by chuckBB
Which one? We had several big guys.

WPWells

12th Man was on that Charleston team and believes he's talking about Jesse Crosswhite

Wolfpack68

That was his name!! He was huge. Boy we had a great team that year. Do you remember the score 12th Man

WPWells

December 02, 2014, 10:46:39 pm #31 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:49:36 pm by 12th Man CHS
60-51

Proud Buckaroo

How many of those points did you score?

WPWells

BigMan15

Quote from: Kitty01 on November 15, 2014, 05:16:36 pm
Fenner is averaging 21ppg and 6 rpg what is michael ward averaging i havent seen him score over 10 yet...so i guess longer and taller doesnt help that much..

WPWells

Fenner wouldn't be averaging those stats if he played for Charleston

BigMan15

Also only averaging less than ten shots a game so yeah he could

BigMan15

Also only averaging less than ten shots a game so yeah he could

WPWells

BigMan15

Im not looking for ur approval....fenner has faced box and one defense and being faceguarded all game...that wouldve have happened at ctown...or are u saying that ward doesnt let other people get more than three or four shots a game????

WPWells

You have your own thread to talk Paris basketball. No need to hijack ours

BigMan15

Im not bringing up anyone from ctown on paris thread i guess were not like u guys...#5-0!!!

sillyrabbit

I understand you are proud of your son, but I think I speak for everyone that your lack of common sense and basketball knowledge is annoying.

BigMan15

sillyrabbit

Just saying, you don't have to come on a thread about Charleston basketball and throw up some crazy numbers. Your telling me he is putting up over 20 pts a game while shooting less than 10 shots? Is he shooting 95% from the field? Come on now, he's not a bad player, but everyone knows this is not reasonable.

WPWells

Averaging 21 points at less than 10 shots

Assume he shoots nothing but threes. That's 7 threes per game out of 10 shots. The best shooters shoot around 70% unguarded. No way he does that in a game

NEA Razorback olfan

Why not shot 20 shots a game an avg 42pts?

sillyrabbit

Come on now, he doesn't want to be selfish like Ward. 😂😂😂😂😂

NEA Razorback olfan

If he can shoot that good ,
Lakers would be knocking on his door!!

sillyrabbit

I just don't see him meshing with Kobe very well though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas