• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris Eagles Basketball

Started by BigMan15, October 11, 2014, 12:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

With the season starting before u know it i thought we would start talking....Paris has a really tough nonconference schedule this year including Alma Roland twice and a few others.....thoughts about conference with Charleston, Lamar, Two Rivers and Danville.

WPWells

I think the teams that make regionals will be:

1. Charleston
2. Lamar
3. Paris
4. Danville

BigMan15

I am on the fence about Danville and Two Rivers....depends on what two rivers team u will get...Paris is very young but very talented....Lamar will go as far as Mcarly leads them but they wont be as good as last year....Charleston should be the favorite so they have everything to loose which sometimes can hurt but if Smith stays out of foul trouble and Ward scores 30 plus everynight they could go far....

DogsWin7

Wow Bigman you started this thread rather quickly....but BB is approaching fast. :)

I'll go with Charleston as the favorite.  They return some key players.  Should be a good year for the Tigers.   

BigMan15

I know im just excited....infact jr high starts in less than a month...should be a fun season....when is everyone in the conference first home game...Paris is at home againest JC Westside on Nov. 21...

BigMan15

RTF

If your talking about the Boys I think
1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Lamar
I also don't think Charleston will get get to the finals this year like last year.(ward is going to have to take control more than he already does)

The Girls
1. Paris
2. Lamar
3. Lavaca
I think Paris has a shot at state in the girls.

DogsWin7

You redeemed yourself....you put Charleston at #1.   :)

WPWells

Hearing Lenihan (exchange student from Ireland) will tremendously help Charleston this year

NEA Razorback olfan

What kind of style does Charleston play 12th man?  size?

WPWells

Projected starters (size-wise)

King - 5'9"
Lenihan - 6'1"
Ward - 6'3"
Newhart - 6'4"
Smith - 6'7"

We like to get up and down the floor. Excellent shape. Disciplined D (almost exclusively man to man). If a team can run with us we like to spread it out on offense and just move and cut. We also have several set plays for when we need a basket but for the most part our coach just likes to let the game go with minimal interference from him

Personally I think Smith is the key to the season. We all know about Ward and he'll go for 20+ every game (if he doesn't we're in trouble). If Lenihan is as good as I'm hearing then he'll supplement Ward well. However, like I said, Smith is the key to the season. He's obviously very big and if he can dominate the paint like he is capable of doing and stay out of foul trouble then Charleston will be a very tough team to beat

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 13, 2014, 05:47:33 pm
Projected starters (size-wise)

King - 5'9"
Lenihan - 6'1"
Ward - 6'3"
Newhart - 6'4"
Smith - 6'7"

We like to get up and down the floor. Excellent shape. Disciplined D (almost exclusively man to man). If a team can run with us we like to spread it out on offense and just move and cut. We also have several set plays for when we need a basket but for the most part our coach just likes to let the game go with minimal interference from him

Personally I think Smith is the key to the season. We all know about Ward and he'll go for 20+ every game (if he doesn't we're in trouble). If Lenihan is as good as I'm hearing then he'll supplement Ward well. However, like I said, Smith is the key to the season. He's obviously very big and if he can dominate the paint like he is capable of doing and stay out of foul trouble then Charleston will be a very tough team to beat

Sounds like a very good team with good size. Good luck on the season!!

BigMan15

Thats one thing that could hurt paris this year ....our starters most likely

Wyatt nehus junior guard 6'0
Matthew fitzgeralds senior guard 5"11
Brandon Fenner sophmore guard 6"4
Talik Robinson sophmore post 6"2
Gage Hampton junior post 6"4

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 13, 2014, 08:58:04 pm
Thats one thing that could hurt paris this year ....our starters most likely

Wyatt nehus junior guard 6'0
Matthew fitzgeralds senior guard 5"11
Brandon Fenner sophmore guard 6"4
Talik Robinson sophmore post 6"2
Gage Hampton junior post 6"4

That still pretty good size , we won 4A state and our tallest player was 6'3

BigMan15

Our guards will have to have a great season but our best chance at state is next year and the following year....expections would be second in conference and make a run in the state tournamnet this year...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 13, 2014, 09:08:15 pm
Our guards will have to have a great season but our best chance at state is next year and the following year....expections would be second in conference and make a run in the state tournamnet this year...

Good Luck

BigMan15

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Bearcats, we are north of Jonesboro . North East part of state

RTF

Thanks Diehard...by the way basketball was what I consider my sport in school

FogHornLegHorn11

Your starting line up for Paris is interesting BigMan15.... How long before at least 1 football boy breaks into that top-5? LOL. The football boys are always at a disadvantage at first where they've not been at team practices. But football boys always add that element of aggressiveness and hustle that the team needs. And Buchanan and Owens have seen a lot of playing time in years past.

And as for Paris girls, I hope they come out and have a successful year. They'll miss the huber sister that graduated. She was a team leader for them last year. I think this will be a year of rebuilding so to speak. I look for them to be better in the next couple years

DogsWin7

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 11:17:29 am
Do tell....

BigMan15

Quote from: FogHornLegHorn11 on October 17, 2014, 08:12:32 am
Your starting line up for Paris is interesting BigMan15.... How long before at least 1 football boy breaks into that top-5? LOL. The football boys are always at a disadvantage at first where they've not been at team practices. But football boys always add that element of aggressiveness and hustle that the team needs. And Buchanan and Owens have seen a lot of playing time in years past.

And as for Paris girls, I hope they come out and have a successful year. They'll miss the huber sister that graduated. She was a team leader for them last year. I think this will be a year of rebuilding so to speak. I look for them to be better in the next couple years

Personally i could see the top 5 change mostly because of who we play i could see 3 or 4 different lineups during the year...im excited to see the football guys to see who gels good together and im hoping by hustle u dont mean sloppy...last year this team early was beating theirselves most of the time..i think buchcanan will play a decent amount...either way this team is a lot deeper than last years team...

tiger2016

Lenihan will be in both football and basketball at the same time.
Practices Monday-Wednesday for Basketball
Before Football gets back
Charleston Lineup
Ma. Ward
A. Smith
D. Lenihan
Mi. Ward
T. Skeets

WPWells

He can do that because he's the kicker!

BigMan15

Is hayden back yet for football

BigMan15

Paris is now 3-0...last year they starting 1-7 so they are loooking good and the game againest Roland everyone played very well...that is a big win..

macadoshis

Quote from: RTF on October 13, 2014, 03:27:26 pm
1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Lamar
I also don't think Charleston will get get to the finals this year like last year.(ward is going to have to take control more than he already does)

The Girls
1. Paris
2. Lamar
3. Lavaca

Paris will lose to the Lady Warriors every time they meet

BigMan15

They have played pretty solid..i was impressed they beat lavaca without peevy and went to overtime with Roland without peevy...So i wouldnt cash that check just yet....

fbisgreat

You better put Danville at 3rd they beat Mulberry this week.

WPWells

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2014, 09:30:54 am
12th Man agrees
after watching Paris girls this week, they will not come close to Lamar. Of course Peevy was out due to injury when I watched, but Lamar is solid, Schluterman has totally changed his style this year with this group. His addition of a couple of sophomores has only added fire power to his arsenal. 2015 Lady Warriors are on a mission!! They are all business when they step on the floor. Gonna be exciting to see just how far they go.

DogsWin7

1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Lamar

The Girls
1. Paris
2. Lamar
3. Lavaca

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 11:17:29 am

Well.....considering you misplaced Paris this year.....(which we all can make a wrong prediction) have you been able to see any of the teams you mentioned play this year.....that would make you change your current line-up??   :)

BigMan15

I still think the girls will be very good most of the games so far are without their best player...so to me a close game with westside an overtime loss without peevy and some very questionable call near the end of that one...they will be fine and they will battle lamar for that top spot...

neds

Nice win tonight over Alma by the boys
lil Bigman with 34pts!

Littlejohnfan65

Congrats on the win tonight Bigman15.

nastynice

Can someone tell me when Paris plays at Charleston?  I want to mark it on the calendar.

mi-ky

Jan 9th @ Paris and Feb 6th @ Charleston.

BigMan15

Should be a good one barring no injuries..

arkhoops94

Paris is a great basketball team. Fenner is one of the best sophomores in the 3a in my opinion. There is a lot of young talent in the River Valley area. Fenner at Paris, Benton at Clarksville, Bowman at Ozark (out for the season with broken arm), and Brewer at Northside. All of them are sophomores.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 13, 2014, 05:01:35 pm
Hearing Lenihan (exchange student from Ireland) will tremendously help Charleston this year

He can D it up BIG TIME!!!!

BigMan15

Everytime i see him hes terrible...but ive only watched two games so couldve been a bad game...

sillyrabbit

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 20, 2014, 07:35:36 pm
Everytime i see him hes terrible...but ive only watched two games so couldve been a bad game...

Kind words, as always, keep it up big man.

BigMan15

ok my bad not as good as orginally thought...will he start still? is hayden back yet or is he not playing? whats the predicted lineup with football players..

WowAnArrowFan

1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Lamar

The Girls
1. Paris
2. Lamar
3. Lavaca
Well considering Lamars girls will destroy Paris's girl and that lavaca is not in their conference anymore you might have no clue what you're talking about...

sillyrabbit

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 20, 2014, 07:54:13 pm
ok my bad not as good as orginally thought...will he start still? is hayden back yet or is he not playing? whats the predicted lineup with football players..

Haha that's better! I've heard his knee is still giving him troubles, so we will just have to see how that plays out.

BigMan15

BigMan15

Thats ok charleston beat a bad southside team and lost to a 1A Scranton so i think hes fine where he is considering he averaging 23 a game..

WPWells

Bad or not, Southside is still 7A (that's a higher class than Alma)

BigMan15

Thats okay we are happy where we are how about them jr high eagles??

WPWells

Can you win a ring in Junior High?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas