• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 1W does anyone care

Started by BigCatMan, October 07, 2014, 12:09:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCatMan

I never hear much talk of this conference but they can compete too. I know mostly of Greenland and West Fork but does anyone have any thoughts on how this conference will fare this year. No one seems to know or care.

GobsRule

Did the Carr kid transfer from Greenland? I don't even know if he played basketball but I know he's a good athlete.

Moonshiner

Whatever happened to Krik6?  Didn't he used to keep the 3A board buzzing?

whippersnapper

Krik lives in good Ole Jonesboro now and got himself a lady friend. I think he is going back to school full time and helping out with a local team 

Googlymoogly

I think the fact that everyone in this conference plays football pretty much means no one really cares about the roundball until December at the earliest.
However, on the girls' side, Greenland did win the 3A State title a couple of years in a row

tigerfan1417

Greenland girls didn't make into the state tournament last year. As far as this conference, there are several teams that can make things happen. Greenland girls lost Anna Rogers and Jenny Riggles, they have Kim Crown and got the point guard from Cedarville, I can't remember her name though. They also have some sophomore's that can play. West Fork will be a solid team this year as well, even losing 4 out of their 5 starters they have Olivia Karnes coming back and two sophomore's Holly Griffin and Shannon Throgmorton that are both excellent ball players. Elkins, in my opinion, will also be a good team. They have their big girl Mariah inside, but they looked good at camps this year. It should be an exciting year for the 3A-1W conference.

WFFAN74

I'm looking forward to the 3A-W conference this year..I think West Fork will surprise everyone and come out strong even after losing players such as Kaden Selph, Katie Griffin, Kara Quinton and Darci Hays. We have a group of sophomores that are quite good stepping up to pick up the slack.

BigCatMan

October 14, 2014, 09:08:07 pm #7 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:08:58 pm by BigCatMan
I do know that the following changes took place in boys.

Elkins: Lost their best player Walker Fallon and one of the twins is in football right now

Greenland: Have a transfer from Bentonville and one from West Fork. A junior and a senior.

West Fork: Have just one returning senior in Crawford, who is in football. They do return most of their talented junior class, including the Roebke cousins, who started many games as sophomores. Have a solid sophomore in Hays.

Cedarville: They lost a lot but seem to always be right there. I know that West Fork beat them twice last year. Elkins lost twice to them but they beat West Fork twice. Could be interesting.

Not sure on the rest.

I, maybe a little biased, pick the Tigers. This junior class are proven winners and are undefeated in conference play in football too.

BigMan15

West fork should win this conference easy ....competition is down bad...in regionals i could see all 4 losing to 3A-4

BigMan15

West fork should win this conference easy ....competition is down bad...in regionals i could see all 4 losing to 3A-4

WFFAN74

Quote from: BigCatMan on October 14, 2014, 09:08:07 pm

Elkins: Lost their best player Walker Fallon and one of the twins is in football right now

Greenland: Have a transfer from Bentonville and one from West Fork. A junior and a senior.

West Fork: Have just one returning senior in Crawford, who is in football. They do return most of their talented junior class, including the Roebke cousins, who started many games as sophomores. Have a solid freshman in Hays.

Cedarville: They lost a lot but seem to always be right there. I know that West Fork beat them twice last year. Elkins lost twice to them but they beat West Fork twice. Could be interesting.

Not sure on the rest.

I, maybe a little biased, pick the Tigers. This junior class are proven winners and are undefeated in conference play in football too.

I know the senior that went to Greenland, he's okay but did a lot of sitting the bench in West Fork.

BigCatMan

Quote from: WFFAN74 on October 16, 2014, 03:53:16 pm

West Fork: Have just one returning senior in Crawford, who is in football. They do return most of their talented junior class, including the Roebke cousins, who started many games as sophomores. Have a solid freshman in Hays.

Not sure on the rest.

I know the senior that went to Greenland, he's okay but did a lot of sitting the bench in West Fork.
Quote from: BigMan15 on October 16, 2014, 10:28:32 am
Quote from: WFFAN74 on October 16, 2014, 03:53:16 pm

Not sure on the rest.

I agree that he will be a non factor.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas