• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigshot

Yall are going to be surprise is all I'm going to say....

Rida4Life

My money right now is on Scott Reed.

Wolfpride

Scott Reed was in interesting one.  Some ADs up in NW Ark said that Reed was a front-runner (early in the season).  Then that rumor died down.  Kelly from PA was looked at back around 2000 when Malham was flirting with Jonesboro.  Why do you think Cabot will be surprised bigshot?

Cabotfan

Quote from: Wolfpride on December 07, 2018, 12:32:36 pm
Cabot isn't interested in Kevin Kelly.  Rick has about 8-10 years left in him.....also, nothing left to prove at the 6A level.  Imagine a challenge of transitioning a program from one system to another at the 7A level might just be the challenge he wants.  Who knows..........Cabot will on December 17th.......

I don't know who this "Cabot" is that you speak for but it doesn't include me. Like I said about Reed before and now about Jones. They both seem to be awful close to retirement age. Reed is close and Jones is older than him.

Wolfpride

From what I know, "Cabot" is the powers-that-be.  Kelly makes a lot of money from the private boosters.  I have just heard that he hasn't been considered.  Sources are saying that Thurman and Coleman are "playing their cards close to their chests".  Not a lot of people in Cabot know.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Cabotfan on December 07, 2018, 01:53:29 pm
I don't know who this "Cabot" is that you speak for but it doesn't include me. Like I said about Reed before and now about Jones. They both seem to be awful close to retirement age. Reed is close and Jones is older than him.
Would you rather have a decent young coach or a great older one for 5 or 6 years?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 07, 2018, 01:34:08 pm
My money right now is on Scott Reed.
Who would leave El Dorado for Cabot?

thebigshot

December 07, 2018, 02:23:59 pm #207 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:33:42 am by thebigshot
Quote from: Oldman on December 07, 2018, 02:13:31 pm
Who would leave El Dorado for Cabot?

His wife is from Cabot, not sure if she has family there or not.

Wolfpride

So bigshot, you seem to know who it is going to be.......you know who it is going to be?  And why would the good folks in Cabot be surprised? 

POWERCAT PRIDE

Shot don't know.."shot"...about what's going on in Cowbut

Chicks_Fan

thebigshot

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on December 07, 2018, 03:40:57 pm
Shot don't know.."shot"...about what's going on in Cowbut

I know a lot more than what you people really think. I'm not going to sit here and leak a name that was the guy. You can all sit back and reply by saying, if I know I would say it. I'm not saying it. Stop sending me PMs asking me who the guy is I'm not saying. Once again, sit back and wait. The announcement is coming soon December 17th possible the 18th.

To throw some humor into this situation, the person they offered really admired all of those pine apples out at grey stone.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: thebigshot on December 07, 2018, 06:15:48 pm

I know a lot more than what you people really think. I'm not going to sit here and leak a name that was the guy. You can all sit back and reply by saying, if I know I would say it. I'm not saying it. Stop sending me PMs asking me who the guy is I'm not saying. Once again, sit back and wait. The announcement is coming soon December 17th possible the 18th.

To throw some humor into this situation, the person they offered really admired all of those pine apples out at grey stone.

Shot...anybody can sit behind a keyboard and claim they KNOW who it is and then say "See I told you so" when it's announced.  You don't know sheet

thebigshot

You're right anyone can sit behind a keyboard and say who they think it is and all that. It's 2018, everyone wants to know. I was told something out of trust and respect, I'm not going to post that name on here. You can sit here and bash me saying I don't know nothing that will make other people believe it too. Once again, I know a lot more than you think I know about this and I'm not going sit here and play this game with you.

The coach will be named on December 17th or 18th. You can say I'm wrong if the head coach isn't name either on one of those two dates. If it is named on those dates you will know I knew this whole time and kept my word on not saying who it is.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: thebigshot on December 08, 2018, 09:32:56 am
You're right anyone can sit behind a keyboard and say who they think it is and all that. It's 2018, everyone wants to know. I was told something out of trust and respect, I'm not going to post that name on here. You can sit here and bash me saying I don't know nothing that will make other people believe it too. Once again, I know a lot more than you think I know about this and I'm not going sit here and play this game with you.

The coach will be named on December 17th or 18th. You can say I'm wrong if the head coach isn't name either on one of those two dates. If it is named on those dates you will know I knew this whole time and kept my word on not saying who it is.

This district itself announced a decision no later than December 17th.  You know nothing more about that than anyone.  http://www.cabotschools.org/news/2007/update-on-search-for-cabot-head-football-coach

I know people within the athletic department and can tell you this has been played very close to the vest, as ALL searches should be.  I haven't a clue who the decision will come down to, have no clue who actually moved forward with "interviews" and who simply "inquired" or was contacted to gauge interest, but have no doubt it will be an outstanding hire.  Cabot is an elite job for many reasons.

game on

If you know who it is and promised not to say shouldn't you do us all a favor and just keep the information absolutely secret?  You know, like not say you know but cannot say until after it is announced.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Squirrel Shot...if you can't say who it is or even hint, then why even announce you know? For attention?

Maynard G Krebs

I know what the stock market is going to do on Monday, but I won't let you know til Tuesday

RZback

Can hardly wait for this announcement.  After this one the other shoes will start to drop and that's always an interesting time of year. 

Here's a shake up idea.
RDJ to Cabot and Lincoln's coach to GW.  I believe he was there as a junior high coach?  Laird from PG finally gets the Lincoln job.

RZback

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 08, 2018, 11:11:33 am
I know what the stock market is going to do on Monday, but I won't let you know til Tuesday

Talked to Trump this morning. He said he is 100% sure that there is a 50% chance the market could go up, if not he said he is sure it will go down.

POWERCAT PRIDE

I'll put $199 on Biggieshot that he will be right

Baitshop

December 08, 2018, 04:40:22 pm #221 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:44:55 pm by Baitshop
Big snot don't know squat. I will bet $1000 that I know the name of the new Cabot head coach. I have written it on a piece of paper and placed it in my top left desk drawer. I will bet anyone here on the board $100,000 that the name that I wrote on the paper is correct. Once the official announcement is made I will screenshot that piece of paper to prove my superior knowledge, intellect, and inside sources. Like I said, I will bet $1,000,000 that I know the name of the new coach at Cabot.

LionX2

incogneto

Quote from: gcsdad on November 30, 2018, 02:03:53 pm
I can assure you the T is not the only system those coaches know. I will also promise you that the T is more complex than you can ever imagine. If they can coach the T they can coach anything.
Nope

cabotpantherman

thebigshot

Quote from: Baitshop on December 08, 2018, 04:40:22 pm
Big snot don't know squat. I will bet $1000 that I know the name of the new Cabot head coach. I have written it on a piece of paper and placed it in my top left desk drawer. I will bet anyone here on the board $100,000 that the name that I wrote on the paper is correct. Once the official announcement is made I will screenshot that piece of paper to prove my superior knowledge, intellect, and inside sources. Like I said, I will bet $1,000,000 that I know the name of the new coach at Cabot.

Go ahead and send me that check I will PM you my address. Be careful with how you bet because I will take you to civil court and get my money.

thebigshot

To be honest I did in fact mention a name and it's funny how fast it got deleted on here. I posted a name earlier this week and it got deleted. It's kinda funny why that would happen.

cabotpantherman

Bigshot looks like you are from El Dorado, therefore the only way you know who Cabot next coach is would be from coach Reed. BTW it is called Greystone not Grey Stone.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: thebigshot on December 09, 2018, 11:21:10 am

Go ahead and send me that check I will PM you my address. Be careful with how you bet because I will take you to civil court and get my money.
Sigh

AirWarren

thebigshot

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 09, 2018, 03:39:28 pm
Bigshot looks like you are from El Dorado, therefore the only way you know who Cabot next coach is would be from coach Reed. BTW it is called Greystone not Grey Stone.   

Yeah, I'm from El Dorado but does that mean I still live there? No, it doesn't.  You can be from Texas doesn't mean you live there anymore. Since you are lacking brain cells you would know sometimes people do move away from their hometown. You can sit here and say this and that, but I would had thought people would have enough common sense to know these short of things but apparently you don't.

cabotpantherman

Good gosh settle down young man.

WarPath

Logical choice has to be Smith from Gtown  Already converted an antiquated offense into a scoring machine from the power spread.  School he's at had a huge tradition that had kind of fallen off, and had a legend in their own right before him with Netherland.  Just saying...there is a template to doing it and he's got it. He's also been beating teams that have way more talent than they have on a pretty regular basis.  He's the fit. No question.

Pat Swilling

My prediction.  Absolutely no facts.  No particular order.  All would be good choices.

Rick Jones
JR Eldridge
Brad Harris
Zach Clark
Mark Kelley

Wolfpride

Guy I met at the AAA State Championship Game:  Hey, the new coach in Cabot is going to be Rick Jones.
Me:  RIIIIGHT!
Guy I met at the AAA State Championship Game:  They are paying him $104,000 and free health insurance.
Me:  RIIIIGHT!

We shall see.

Rayburn

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 09, 2018, 03:39:28 pm
More importantly, they're called pineapples and not pine apples.

LionX2

Quote from: WarPath on December 10, 2018, 07:24:09 am
Logical choice has to be Smith from Gtown  Already converted an antiquated offense into a scoring machine from the power spread.  School he's at had a huge tradition that had kind of fallen off, and had a legend in their own right before him with Netherland.  Just saying...there is a template to doing it and he's got it. He's also been beating teams that have way more talent than they have on a pretty regular basis.  He's the fit. No question.

Who?

Overdahill

Quote from: Rayburn on December 10, 2018, 02:59:18 pm
More importantly, they're called pineapples and not pine apples.

Pine needles?  :D

LC sports

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 10, 2018, 08:56:29 am
My prediction.  Absolutely no facts.  No particular order.  All would be good choices.

Rick Jones
JR Eldridge
Brad Harris
Zach Clark
Mark Kelley

Aint no way Zak Clark gets any shot down here after the stuff happened with Springdale and Har-Ber.

LC sports

Quote from: young_gun on December 05, 2018, 01:30:31 pm
Would be a great hire but he is making $104k+ in greenwood and Malham was only making $93K. Is Cabot willing to up the pay? For as long as Malham has coached and with good success surprised he is not making $100K+.
Malham didn't have a master's degree. He had a 1.53 multiplier index for his salary.

LC sports

Quote from: LionX2 on December 11, 2018, 04:58:42 am
Who?
Chris Smith, the head coach at Germantown, Tenn. He is a Blytheville alum and was their OC a few years back. He's had two undefeated regular seasons the past two years.

RD™

Quote from: thebigshot on December 09, 2018, 07:27:29 pm

Yeah, I'm from El Dorado but does that mean I still live there? No, it doesn't.  You can be from Texas doesn't mean you live there anymore. Since you are lacking brain cells you would know sometimes people do move away from their hometown. You can sit here and say this and that, but I would had thought people would have enough common sense to know these short of things but apparently you don't.
Lighten' up Francis.

Roscoe

Morrilton folks are saying that people in Cabot are wanting McNabb from Morrilton, any truth to this?

spoof1530

It is not widely known, but Cabot is also replacing their Defensive Coach as well. Coach Black is moving into the Dean of Students position at the High School. So whomever the new Coach is, can bring his Defensive Coach with him. If that doesn't happen, then he could shop around and go get one from another school. This is not usually the norm in Coaching changes. I will say, I am 100% sure that somebody's guess is 100% right.

#readyforittobeover

cabotpantherman

McNabb isn't a name I was hearing. I do know this coaching search has been a hot topic among the citizens of Cabot. I too ready for it to be over with.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 13, 2018, 06:29:19 pm
McNabb isn't a name I was hearing. I do know this coaching search has been a hot topic among the citizens of Cabot. I too ready for it to be over with.

The suspense is killing me.  BTW, who shot JR?

High Voltage

It isn't Rick Jones, I can guarantee you that. Bigsnot thought so, but it isn't Rick.

athletic supporter

I saw where Bauxite just hired Clint Conque as a teacher and volunteer coach. Does this point toward Patton leaving for Cabot with Conque taking over at Bauxite?

Wolfpride

Patton is NOT coming to Cabot.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 13, 2018, 06:51:47 pm
The suspense is killing me.  BTW, who shot JR?
The Shadow knows ... (break to weird music).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas