• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Briar at LRC

Started by InYoGrill, September 11, 2018, 05:37:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Please forgive me Lord for creating a GB thread but this is gonna be an interesting game Fri night. LRC is strong with Hill at QB but Briar has had solid teams for as long as I can remember. Time to see if GB is a serious contender in the West and if ole Panther Blue can stay up past 700pm to follow his team.  ;D

Go Postal

I'll forgive you after I create the fowls (Eagles) of the air and beasts (Panthers) of the land.  ;)
This should be a good game to gauge 'Briar.  I don't know if the Warriors will be streaming this game but it would be a good one to watch.  You never know, you might see Blue prowling around in the background.

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game but I think LRCA wins this one

InYoGrill

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 11, 2018, 09:23:02 pm
Should be a good game but I think LRCA wins this one

LRC looked really solid in all phases against V week 2. They did not make hardly any mistakes that were obvious. Very workman like showing and very precise from what I saw.

Rocket23

Yes, it will be on warriorvision as usual.

Thought it was interesting that Chad Hooten picked Greenbrier to win 26-24.  I think I will have what he is drinkin' Bartender!

It may be close, but GB will have to score more than 40!

Air Raider

I hope GB makes it a game I am thinking about coming and watching this one!

Go Postal

If anyone is going to watch this game on Warriorvision, make sure you sign up on live.com ahead of time.
Watching the Eagles/Warriors game right now on my cell.

Go Postal

Hill, Hightower and Gibbons from LRCA are pretty good playmakers.  I want to see how 'BRIARs defense does against them.

incogneto

Quote from: Go Postal on September 13, 2018, 07:23:53 pm
Hill, Hightower and Gibbons from LRCA are pretty good playmakers.  I want to see how 'BRIARs defense does against them.
MJ Loggains is as good as well.  He would be the highlight of most teams.  Sophomore LB,S,RB Cory Platt might be the best of all of them. 

Go Postal

Commentators for LRCA said that 'briars starting QB is not in this game due to concussion.
Will have to see what their defense can do.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: incogneto on September 14, 2018, 10:02:38 am
MJ Loggains is as good as well.  He would be the highlight of most teams.  Sophomore LB,S,RB Cory Platt might be the best of all of them. 

MJ can FLY. Kid has some serious wheels.

RazorDad

Greenbrier has a nice band, really good halftime show.

InYoGrill

Woah!!!! Um, Briar uh, you got curb stomped last night. I heard the blue cats were supposed to have beaten LRC. Didn't seem to happen!

LOL! Go Eagles!!

Central AR

Air Raider

That wasn't a curb stomping, it was a complete curb beating.  I opted to not make the drive to see Malham (not) get his 300th win against Benton.  I'm not sure what was worse, the fact he lost to Benton or this game. :))

I do wish I had known GB had so many starters out before stopping in for that game.  Somebody said the starting QB, running back, and two defensive lineman were all out of the game, BUT I do not think even 4 starters would have made up the difference in that game.  Plain and simple, LRC is very good team. Add to that GB had no offense whatsoever, struggled to complete passes, and couldn't tackle to save their lives. 

And yeah, it was 49-0 at the half, when i left.

pantherblue

Don't think those starters would have helped?? Lol

A starting QB out not to mention the lineman. If they could have played I think it would have a different game.

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on September 17, 2018, 08:21:35 pm

A starting QB out not to mention the lineman. If they could have played I think it would have a different game.

Ha! Made a difference from a bridge collapse? Nope, just admit panther, you got steam rolled worse than V did by LRC.  ;D

Instead of 89-0, your saying it would have been 73-6. LOL!!

pantherblue

Hopefully we see them again in late November lol.  We ended their season with Dyer.  Time to do it again lol

Air Raider

Quote from: pantherblue on September 17, 2018, 08:21:35 pm

You need to read what I said a little more closely.  I specifically said "made up the difference".  I did not say "make a difference". 

Sure, 4 starters out undoubtedly "made a difference", but as good as LRC was and as poorly as GB tackled and struggled on offense, I seriously doubt that even with those starters in the game it would have "made up the difference".  Yeah a starting QB out always hurts, but surely you have more than one QB ready to play as dependent as your offense is on a solid QB?  And the lineman were not the ones struggling, you played a 3 man front the whole night.  You had 8 LB's and DB's and none of them were wrapping up.

I'm not trying to dog your team, but you asked so I answered with some specifics. 

incogneto

Quote from: pantherblue on September 19, 2018, 08:36:21 pm
Hopefully we see them again in late November lol.  We ended their season with Dyer.  Time to do it again lol
This is optimistic.

InYoGrill

Quote from: incogneto on September 19, 2018, 10:55:39 pm
This is optimistic.

That panther sure must smoke some good herbs. "See them again later and end their season". Living in the past bro bluetimus.

I will add that I sat by PB during that exciting game in Briar.  And yes Briar played a whale of a game even with Dyer doing his game changing thing. It was a good historic win for GB and the conference.

pantherblue

Thanks to one awesome ruining back named Winston lol

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on September 20, 2018, 08:49:15 am
Thanks to one awesome ruining back named Winston lol

The legend in Briar along with Burcham. Those two were winners from JR High up every year. My son hated to tackle Winston. He was fast and strong as a bull.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas