• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Concerts

Started by Longfellow, October 08, 2015, 07:18:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

I'm currently at the Mötley Crüe and Alice Cooper show. What are some of the best shows you've seen?

WPWells

Needtobreathe at the Wal-Mart AMP last May

Brian G

I saw Whitesnake open for Motley Crue in the Girls Girls Girls tour in 87 @ Tulsa.  But I can't talk about it.

I've been to a ton that I'll list later.

Most recently I saw Rush in Tulsa.  It was the first date of their tour and got my bucket list down to just Pink Floyd.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on October 08, 2015, 07:18:14 pm
I'm currently at the Mötley Crüe and Alice Cooper show. What are some of the best shows you've seen?

Why are you posting on FF if you are at a concert?

Longfellow

Hadn't started yet. Just finished and it was pure adrenaline from start to finish. Amazing show

Chief_Osceola™

U2's PopMart tour at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.  Rage Against the Machine opened for them, and it was shortly after Evil Empire was released.

Baitshop

November 15, 2015, 08:00:28 am #6 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:03:48 am by Baitshop
Earth, Wind, and Fire - Tulsa 1977, LR 2009

Eagles (first of 5 times) - Texas Stadium 1994

Elton John and Billy Joel - WMS in LR 1996

Jimmy Buffet - Waikiki 2001. LR 2012

Boston - Joplin 2013

Chicago - LR 2010

Kansas, Styx, Foreigner - Lampe, MO 2008

Doobie Bros. - Dallas 1990 and 2015

Journey, Loverboy and Pat Benatar - LR 2011

Bob Seger - LR 2011

Michael McDonald, Donald Fagen, and Boz Skaggs - Memphis 2013

Peter Frampton - Tulsa 2012

Kenny Loggins - Dallas 1992/Joplin 2013

The O'Jays - Tampa 2014

Three Dog Night - Memphis 1974/Dallas 2012

They were all good...couldn't pick just one  :-\

Breitontime

The Five Browns in 2006. Google them. They are spectacular.

John Legend in 09. This one was in a concert hall, so it was acoustically set up properly. It was spectacular.

fastdrop

Quote from: Baitshop on November 15, 2015, 08:00:28 am

Boston - Joplin 2013

Chicago - LR 2010

Bob Seger - LR 2011

The O'Jays - Tampa 2014

No Fleetwood Mac .....

Brian G

You can't admit that any longer.  The Clinton's ruined it.

Baitshop

Quote from: fastdrop on November 15, 2015, 05:00:48 pm

Boston - Joplin 2013

Chicago - LR 2010

Bob Seger - LR 2011

The O'Jays - Tampa 2014

No Fleetwood Mac .....

Dude, I can't afford Fleetwood Mac tickets...who do you think I am, ricepig..??

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on November 16, 2015, 12:59:20 am
Quote from: fastdrop on November 15, 2015, 05:00:48 pm

Boston - Joplin 2013

Chicago - LR 2010

Bob Seger - LR 2011

The O'Jays - Tampa 2014

No Fleetwood Mac .....

Dude, I can't afford Fleetwood Mac tickets...who do you think I am, ricepig..??

I think I bought a Fleetwood Mac 8-track one time, does that count?

Maynard G Krebs

Had the Rumours 8track and lusted for Stevie Nicks all thru college, but like previously mentioned, the Clintons ruined them for me.  Didn't even go see them either time they've been to LR lately.

First and one of the best concerts was seeing the Eagles in 1976 in Shreveport, just before they released Hotel California and then seeing them in Memphis in 1994 in the heck Feezes Over tour.

Never have bought any Rolling Stone albums but the Voodoo Lounge concert in LR in 1994 was one of the best shows I've seen.

Billy Joel and Elton John at WMS was great as well.

Lions84

Marie Osman  Meet me in Montana tour  Little Rock 1988 or so,

The Future

Seen Pillar, Red, Skillet, Decyfer Down, Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Stellar Kart, David Crowder, The Wedding, and The Letter Black. All were good. Disciple and Skillet put on the better shows of these listed.

The last few years, I have seen Bret Michaels here in Fort Smith, Boston in Fayetteville, and last January I went to Durant OK and saw KISS who I consider the greatest rock band of all time. Hands down the best concert I"ve seen. I only wish I was born earlier to see them with Bruce and Eric Carr. If anyone who followed or knows KISS's lineup history, I believe the lineup with Paul, Gene, Bruce, and Eric Carr was the best lineup.

Next month I will see Disciple again, my second favorite band. In May I am going to Fayetteville to see the Doobie Bros and Journey. In July I am going back up there to see Sammy Hagar. In June in Tulsa I'm going to see Stryper. And in November either in Tulsa or OK City I believe, Billy Joel will be in town.

I had the chance to go with a friend to see Gordon Lightfoot a year or so ago but couldn't with work. He said he was constantly having people ask how old he was and if he actually knew who Gordon Lightfoot was lol.

Brian G

I saw the opening night of the R40 tour for Rush in Tulsa. 

BrianfromCarlisle

En Vogue, Vanilla Ice, and MC Hammer. 1990or91 at Barton Coliseum. Rocky V was being promoted hard. I remember that. LOL.

bdubyab60

Reba, Travis Tritt, Blake Shelton, FFDP, Pappa Roach, Shinedown, Disturbed, Tesla, Korn, Sevendust, Fuel, Seether, Chevelle, 10 years, Unloco, Silverchair, Silvertide, Black Tide, Trivium, Spin Doctors, darius Rucker, Kenny Rogers, Trace Adkins, Tracey Byrd, George Straight, Skillet, We are human and Rodney Carrington. Theres been more cant remember them all.

Favorites: George Straight, Reba, FFDP, Shinedown, Pappa Roach, Disturbed, Tesla, Skillet and Rodney Carrington.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Haven't been to many, but can't imagine being more stoked than the tobyMac concert at the AMP last fall.

AirWarren

Been to a couple of edgefest's in LR that were awesome. Went to a concert with Godsmack, Korn, Etc at the mud island amphitheater in Memphis that was awesome too. Too many different artists to name. Mostly metal and hard rock. A couple of my favorite performers live are Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold.

Black and Gold

Avenged Sevenfold is nice and I can handle a little Breaking Benjamin. Not a big Atreyu guy though

Longfellow

I'm at the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers show at Verizon. Joe Walsh opened the show, and it was pretty good. Didn't blow me away, but it was fun. Now we're waiting on the road crew to set up for the Heartbreakers

Brian G

Boston is at the AMP in Rogers Tuesday night.  I've always wanted to hear them but can't make it that night.

Longfellow

Tom Petty was fantastic! One of the best shows I've ever seen.The energy in the arena was over the top all night long

Texarkana_Piggie

going to see paul mccartney in shreveport next weekend.  excited!  we went to the KLove Fan awards in nashville in may.  that was really neat.  got to see a ton of artists and meet them.  the awards show was long but really cool. 

AirWarren

Just saw where Foo Fighters are coming to Memphis in October. They are on my wish list of shows to see.

Longfellow

I've only recently started listening to Foo Fighters, but they're quickly becoming one of my favorites. I might have to get tickets for that

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on July 09, 2017, 08:11:42 pm
I've only recently started listening to Foo Fighters, but they're quickly becoming one of my favorites. I might have to get tickets for that

Been listening to their stuff since about 1998. Dave Grohl is just one of those amazing musical talents that dates back to his Nirvana days. I missed them when they came to Little Rock a few years ago. I am seriously contemplating their show in Tulsa or Memphis for this tour.

I watched one of their live concerts from Wembly stadium in England on TV. Their show looks absolutely amazing and they rocked that place.

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on July 09, 2017, 08:24:27 pm
Been listening to their stuff since about 1998. Dave Grohl is just one of those amazing musical talents that dates back to his Nirvana days. I missed them when they came to Little Rock a few years ago. I am seriously contemplating their show in Tulsa or Memphis for this tour.

I watched one of their live concerts from Wembly stadium in England on TV. Their show looks absolutely amazing and they rocked that place.
Their new album, entitled "Concrete and Gold", went on iTunes for preorder today. Album comes out September 15th

sixthman

I am a life long Metallica fan. Saw them in Arlington last month. One of the loudest concerts you will ever be at. Great show.

Longfellow

Quote from: sixthman on July 18, 2017, 07:12:12 pm
I am a life long Metallica fan. Saw them in Arlington last month. One of the loudest concerts you will ever be at. Great show.
Been my favorite band since I was 12, so about 9 years. I can't plan on seeing them on the next leg of their tour. They'll be in Europe till next May, so I'll probably try to catch them the next time the hit NRG in Houston

Texarkana_Piggie

Paul McCartney concert was absolutely amazing.  39 song set.  3 hours.  no opening band, just Sir Paul and his crew.  simply put and understated....awesome. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on July 09, 2017, 08:24:27 pm

Amazing band to watch live.  Also they have some pretty great music videos.  I think Grohl is a guy who obviously doesn't take himself too seriously.

Longfellow

Always enjoy a Foo Fighters music video. Everlong, Walk, Hero. So many classic videos. The first single on their new album is so good

Mulerider4Life

Guns N Roses at War Memorial had to be my favorite.

Longfellow

Still got a while to go, but I bought my tickets for Metallica at Verizon Arena on January 20th

Mulerider4Life

Yeah that will be a beyond packed show. I may go try to volunteer for it.

Overdahill

Stevie Ray Vaughan, summer of 1985....i remember the start of the show .....  :D

Lions84

Bo and Jim Bash 2017 with Cheap Trick and Foreigner.  Took my daughter and we had a great time.

Longfellow

Modest Mouse tonight at the Walmart Amp!!

Mulerider4Life

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS put on a good show as well!

Longfellow

My New Years resolution was to enjoy life a little more so I decided I'm gonna go to at least one concert every month this year, so here is the lineup so far:

Jan - Metallica
Feb - Clutch
Mar - Baroness
April - Rival Sons
May - Leon Bridges
June - Judas Priest and maybe Jimmy Buffett
July - Hootie and the Blowfish
Aug - TBD
Sep - KISS
Oct - TBD
Nov - TBD
Dec - TBD

Lumberjackfan1978

Alabama when  they was in there prime years ago in Pine Bluff great concert

Longfellow

T-minus 30 minutes to Metallica!!!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on July 23, 2018, 11:35:30 am
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS put on a good show as well!

Would've loved to have seen it.  It's too bad Frusciante is no longer with the band, but my guess is Klinghoffer (sp?) was great.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 27, 2019, 12:37:34 pm #45 Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:44:01 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Monsters Of Rock
Memphis early 80's Liberty Bowel
Kingdom Come
Scorpions
Metallica
Dokken
Van Halen

dirtybird12

U2 at the Rose Bowl on their 360 tour will not be topped for me. For reference, there were over 100,000 there that night and that tour is the highest grossing all-time. Was an almost religious experience.

AirWarren

Hall and Oates tonight in LR.

AMAZING show.

athletic supporter

In the past year, the wife and I have seen Bonnie Raitt and James Taylor at Verizon, The Goo Goo Dolls and Train at the AMP, and are going to see Billy Joel in Arlington on October 12th.

miners35

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas