• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Rankings 1/22

Started by BigLion10, January 22, 2017, 12:35:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Girls
1. Earle 15-2
2. Quitman 18-2
3. Carlisle 18-3
4. Marmaduke 26-7
5. Parkers Chapel 15-4
6. Pangburn 23-5

Boys
1. Cutter Morning Star 20-0
2. Earle 16-5
3. Sloan-Hendrix 21-3
4. White County Central 21-4
5. EPC 14-5
6. England 13-3

Ventman

Lovesw96

No not with the new conferences.

Mr. Trill

Is CMS schedule tough or easy? I'm curious, let me go see on maxpreps 🤔

Head Lion

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 23, 2017, 01:42:36 pm
Is CMS schedule tough or easy? I'm curious, let me go see on maxpreps 🤔
They are not playing the Dogs schedule, I can promise you.

Mr. Trill

I see that their closet win was against Fountain Lake, in which, has a losing record (although that doesn't matter)

Donnie Jamon

I watched Sloan-Hendrix play in the NEA tourney.  They arent a #3 team in 2A.. They didn't look very good against ICC to me.  But EPC didnt look very good in that tourney either. 

Bildo

What girls teams should be in the top six that aren't and who doesn't belong?

teachers pet

True, but they also beat Fountain Lake by 15 a week earlier and by the way FL is a 4a school.

redrider30

Hey Donnie. Sloan Hendrix will open the tournament with Marmaduke a team they lost to once and won at home against when a Marmaduke player got a technical for grabbing rim on a last second shot to win the game while it was tied. Could be interesting for the #1 seed from the other side.

Donnie Jamon

Yeah they don't want any of our side i can promise you that.  Not this year anyway..  They are a decent team.  Just not big enough.. 

Mr. Trill

The East is just better than the West. Always been that way.

NEAscout100

Sloan played 2 awful games against Marmaduke. Remember they were down 20 to riverside and come back and won. There not the best, but nothing to joke around about this year.

Bildo

I think there will be some surprise girls teams that are not on the radar. Some with injuries that are healing others with young teams that are getting better. I don't think it is a forgone conclusion that it will come down to the top 3 or 4 listed in the rankings.

birddawg1986

January 24, 2017, 02:38:15 pm #14 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:40:51 pm by birddawg1986
Marmaduke will be the only team out of district 2A 2 to make a run. They are good but as good as they have been in the past.

Bildo

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 24, 2017, 02:38:15 pm
Marmaduke will be the only team out of district 2A 2 to make a run. They are good but as good as they have been in the past.
You never know... A lot of times it comes down to match ups. Teams that never play one another become a toss up in many cases...

RedWolf275

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 24, 2017, 02:38:15 pm

I think your are right Birddawg. 2a-2 girls looks really weak to me. Plus the 2a-3 who they play in regional has Earle and Carlisle, who are both very good.

redrider30

Marmaduke's Jr. and Sr. high teams are a combined 52-7 right now. We might not be as good as 2015 but not many people have been or will be. I think we'll be alright this year and in the future but 27-7 after losing 3 senior starters not that bad and in his 7th season as Lady Greyhound Coach Rick Smith is at 248 wins and counting. With and undefeated 25-0 Jr. High team currently we are excited about the present and future. I have learned good and bad it is extremely hard to compare teams that haven't played but we'll see soon.

Bildo

I agree RedRider... its all about matchups.

MomaLion

Carlisle's Jr girls really impressed me so they will have several good years ahead as well.

birddawg1986

January 26, 2017, 07:44:30 am #20 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:01:44 am by birddawg1986
With the brackets only 12 teams you definitely  need to win your regional to get that bye. Im sure the other (2) district has some pretty goods teams in it but just don't know much about the district. Coach Smith is top 3 in 2A in girls coaching, and takes pride in his Jr high programs along with a very good youth program. I figure he will get an offer soon to step up in the 5A or up ranks. Too good of a coach to stay at Marmaduke.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 26, 2017, 07:44:30 am
With the brackets only 12 teams you definitely  need to win your regional to get that bye. Im sure the other (2) district has some pretty goods teams in it but just don't know much about the district. Coach Smith is top 3 in 2A in girls coaching, and takes pride in his Jr high programs along with a very good youth program. I figure he will get an offer soon to step up in the 5A or up ranks. Too good of a coach to stay at Marmaduke.
He could have moved up to a bigger classification many times, I wouldn't anticipate him leaving for anything other than a administration job any time soon.

redrider30

Coach Smith has had offers from bigger schools, including one that I can assure you if he was going to leave he would have took it in a heart beat but when you have built a great program that has really good teams from 4th grade to Senior High and you are averaging 35+ wins a season why leave. This year has been his best job of coaching since he's been at Marmaduke and that's saying a lot with his past record. There are things in life more in important than $$$. I believe he feels that way. He is loyal to his Lady Greyhounds and will be until he decides to retire someday.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Bildo on January 23, 2017, 03:53:43 pm
What girls teams should be in the top six that aren't and who doesn't belong?

Not sure Pangburn is top six. Marmaduke beat them by 22 a couple of weeks ago. BIC beat them before Christmas and BIC is average at best IMO.

Bildo

Good info. I haven't seen anyone besides Carlisle

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Does anyone have this weeks rankings? Boys and girls.

HoopKing

Girls
1. Earle
2. Quitman
3. Carlisle
4. JC Westside
5. Marmaduke
6. Camden Harmony grove

AT

Great to see the Lady Rebels back in there! Seems they really valued that road win at Scranton.

Mr. Trill

Top 2 of the boys still the same when I saw today

redrider30

If the Lady Greyhounds win by 30 again this week we'll probably drop out of the poll. LOL.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas