• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cutter morning star

Started by Bigtimebasketballfan, January 22, 2017, 12:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigtimebasketballfan

What's the scoop on this team? 20-0 at this point in the year. Best players? Big? Who is the freshman playing up?

Lovesw96

They got a really good starting five, 4 of which are seniors. Got 4 or 5 that can come off the bench and score. They run the floor really well and are fundamentally good. Got a really good coach in Jesse Slick that has them playing at a high level. Size wise they are not all that big they have two kids about 6'3". And rest are average but are very athletic.

SackAttack

Havent heard much about them in recent years or I should say any at all. May be just taking advantage of a weak year in Class AA but thats okay too. I love those success stories about up and coming teams that have been down for years. I speak of this Cutter bunch, in class A you have Timbo making a name for themselves at times and at times not, in 4A I believe Cave City is doing well, Omaha again in Class A and Norfork girls. Gotta love the guys who have been everybody's homecoming game for years now stepping up and getting their share of success!!

Lovesw96

Cutter is the team that nearly put Brinkley out of regionals last year as a 4 seed.

SackAttack

Last year has no bearing on this year!!

Mr. Trill

So basically they are no one 2a-3 should worry bout right? 😂

Lovesw96

just1fan

Quote from: SackAttack on January 22, 2017, 01:28:57 pm
Havent heard much about them in recent years or I should say any at all. May be just taking advantage of a weak year in Class AA but thats okay too. I love those success stories about up and coming teams that have been down for years. I speak of this Cutter bunch, in class A you have Timbo making a name for themselves at times and at times not, in 4A I believe Cave City is doing well, Omaha again in Class A and Norfork girls. Gotta love the guys who have been everybody's homecoming game for years now stepping up and getting their share of success!!

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 24, 2017, 02:43:22 am

So basically they are no one 2a-3 should worry bout right? 😂

I will not assume that CMS is better than all of 2A 3, because I don't know much about 2A 3. However, I will say that 2A 3 would be foolish to think they will have a walk in the park with a solid & salty CMS team. And, for the record, CMS hasn't been anyone's Homecoming game. After you see them play, your opinion will count for a lot more.

monkeyman3434

I had the opportunity to watch them last night.  They have a good group, solid half court trap and decent man to man defense.  They love to run the floor and with all of their quickness they run it well.  They are a fun bunch to watch.  With that being said they do struggle to score in a half court set.  If you can handle the half court trap you have a chance to  beat them but the key is getting past the top as the top 3 put tons of pressure on the ball.  Definitely a bunch to watch out for.  Would love to see them and a team such as Kirby play.   

Donnie Jamon

anyone have any highlights on CMS..  I would just like to take a peak at them...

RedWolf275

Quote from: just1fan on January 24, 2017, 11:45:32 pm
I will not assume that CMS is better than all of 2A 3, because I don't know much about 2A 3. However, I will say that 2A 3 would be foolish to think they will have a walk in the park with a solid & salty CMS team. And, for the record, CMS hasn't been anyone's Homecoming game. After you see them play, your opinion will count for a lot more.

The 2a-3 is a totally conference this year than it used to be.

hogtastics

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on January 22, 2017, 12:42:31 pm
What's the scoop on this team? 20-0 at this point in the year. Best players? Big? Who is the freshman playing up?

They are fast, great defense. They have chemistry and play as a team. Beat Blevins last night at Blevins and CMS had a slow start. Most of their games, they are up by 10+ at the end of 1st quarter. Starting 5 are solid. SR guard is getting college looks. The other starters all contribute to scoring. Any of them (and sometimes 4 out of 5 do) can score in double digits. FR guard is Ryan Brown. He can step up and make a big play when he needs to. Quick hands and a good shooter. They had one close game to Ft Lake this year (4 OTs). Ft Lake is a cross-county rival and have played many times through the years. They played them the night after a tough game against Perryville (final score 100-81), their shots didn't fall due to being leg-weary. Overall CMS doesn't have much size, but they have a couple of post players that are strong and find a way to score. Inside and outside game is solid. Their forwards are their unsung heros. They also have a bench that they can draw from. 21-0 is deserved.

Lovesw96

Cutter 64-42 over Caddo Hills. 22-0 on the year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas