• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10-2A Basketball scores for the season

Started by mtindian42, November 14, 2016, 06:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

November 14, 2016, 06:43:56 pm Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:20:56 pm by mtindian42
Kipp at EPC any score updates?

mtindian42

bdubyab60

EPC sr. girls 74-14 over Kipp

EPC Sr. Boys 67-19 over Kipp.

Both games in mercy rule in first quarter.

EPC at Marion classic on the 17th against i don't know who.

MomaLion

I wonder how Kipp played y'all when they cancelled on us for Friday(sr boys) due to not enough numbers  >:(

bdubyab60

I think there are two different Kipps. There is a Kipp Delta and there is a Kipp Blytheville, who we played.

bdubyab60

Probably need to change this thread to mixed conference 10 I think. Not technically the 2a-3 anymore.

bdubyab60

Kipp Delta is around Helena, but I don't see them listed this year for any conference so they may have cancelled their season. I do believe they played Earle last year.

The Kipp we played last night had 9 players. They have one coach for all 4 squads.

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 15, 2016, 06:20:28 am
Kipp Delta is around Helena, but I don't see them listed this year for any conference so they may have cancelled their season. I do believe they played Earle last year.

The Kipp we played last night had 9 players. They have one coach for all 4 squads.

May be Kipp Blythville.  They have a campus.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on November 15, 2016, 07:56:26 am
May be Kipp Blythville.  They have a campus.
Yes we played Kipp Blytheville. But there is another and they may be the one that canceled on Clarendon

MomaLion

Ahhh ok,  we have played Kipp Helena the past several years.. they are the ones that cancelled. They have played a game this season though.

bdubyab60

If that game went anything like ours did I can see why they may have cancelled

birddawg1986

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 14, 2016, 06:49:44 pm
Marked tree @ Osceola

Any Updates?MT girls lost by 4 and Jr High girls by 15 or so.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 15, 2016, 06:13:08 am
Probably need to change this thread to mixed conference 10 I think. Not technically the 2a-3 anymore.
what should I call it? I thought it was 3 2A

bdubyab60

November 15, 2016, 06:38:33 pm #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:45:44 pm by bdubyab60
10-2a or 2a-10. That's th combined conference. Once conference tourney roles around we will be in the 2a-2 or something like that. Actually a couple 1a schools in there too with bay and armorel. There's a pinned thread at the top of the 2a page with the divisions and post season setups

mtindian42

bdubyab60

Each of these teams will play each other twice in the regular season. You can add Marmaduke in there as well because they will be in our 2A-2 post season tourney. These games determine post season seeding.
Armorel
Bay
Buffalo Island Central
Cross County
Earle
EPC
Kipp: Blytheville
marked Tree

Then when we hit post season tourney we will play these teams. only two will advance to regional out of this. No byes, lose and go home.
2A-2
Buffalo Island Central
Cotter
East Poinsett County
Flippin
Marked Tree
Marmaduke
Salem
Sloan-Hendrix

Missco

Four teams advance to regionals not two. Y'all are making this more complicated that it should be. Even if the combined deal is scrapped the issue in AA is they went to 48 teams. It will make the days of old a memory forever. Riverside is AAA to stay and eventually Marmaduke is likely to be.

MikelB

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 16, 2016, 08:13:35 am
Each of these teams will play each other twice in the regular season. You can add Marmaduke in there as well because they will be in our 2A-2 post season tourney. These games determine post season seeding.
Armorel
Bay
Buffalo Island Central
Cross County
Earle
EPC
Kipp: Blytheville
marked Tree

Then when we hit post season tourney we will play these teams. only two will advance to regional out of this. No byes, lose and go home.
2A-2
Buffalo Island Central
Cotter
East Poinsett County
Flippin
Marked Tree
Marmaduke
Salem
Sloan-Hendrix

The Sr High conference tournament this year will be at Cotter.

I talked to a coach in this conference and he said that they will do a east/west division to determine seeds.  No byes 1v4 2v3 just like in Regionals.

East
BIC
EPC
Marked Tree
Marmaduke

West
Cotter
Flippin
Salem
Sloan Hendrix.

Top 4 teams will advance to Regional tournament.

Missco

November 16, 2016, 02:54:46 pm #20 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:59:33 pm by Missco
I am sure they are one of the few doing it this way. Heck, it's obvious that the 4 out of the east would be the 1 out of the west most years.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2016, 12:07:30 pm
Four teams advance to regionals not two. Y'all are making this more complicated that it should be. Even if the combined deal is scrapped the issue in AA is they went to 48 teams. It will make the days of old a memory forever. Riverside is AAA to stay and eventually Marmaduke is likely to be.
My mistake. No its not complicated but some folks don't even know its changed. Several threads where folks are used to teams playing on the norm and the only way they will meet this year is in a tournament. Was just trying to clarify how this particular conference is setup.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 16, 2016, 02:44:09 pm
The Sr High conference tournament this year will be at Cotter.

I talked to a coach in this conference and he said that they will do a east/west division to determine seeds.  No byes 1v4 2v3 just like in Regionals.

East
BIC
EPC
Marked Tree
Marmaduke

West
Cotter
Flippin
Salem
Sloan Hendrix.

Top 4 teams will advance to Regional tournament.
Seems a reasonable way to do it.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MikelB on November 16, 2016, 02:22:15 pm
Did Vornes from EPC play for Osceola?
I was told that's where she went. Not sure if she played.

birddawg1986

She is still listed as playing for EPC. If she did go to Osceola I don't think she can play till semester 2. She she signed with Tulsa on Thursday

bdubyab60

She wasn't at EPC the other night when we Kipp. So I would say she is at Osceola, I think she was living close to over there and driving to EPC. Don't quote me on that, just what I was told.

MikelB

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 16, 2016, 07:28:06 pm
She is still listed as playing for EPC. If she did go to Osceola I don't think she can play till semester 2. She she signed with Tulsa on Thursday
I thought she would have to wait too but was told she did play (I did not see it with my own eyes though)

birddawg1986

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

I'm glad I looked at this thread  this morning. I was going to drive down to Lepanto tonight to watch Riverside vs EPC girls but if she is gone I'll just watch the NFL game.

bdubyab60

Riverside shouldn't have to much issue with EPC. They will win a few games but will finish toward the bottom of the division I think. Could prove me wrong but I wasn't to impressed watching them against Kipp.

BoxNOne

Bdub, Lady Rebel coach has been doing some strange things this year. Yes, Lady Rebels should probably win fairly easily but it won't surprise me if it's a nail biter.

bdubyab60

I would be surprised if it's close. But who knows

bdubyab60

Marion classic

Sr boys EPC 32 Earle 29 halftime

Missco

How many Earle players still in football?

NEark tigers

Quote from: Missco on November 17, 2016, 06:13:33 pm
How many Earle players still in football?
At least 4..(Bohannon, D.Johnson, two others)

BoxNOne

I think Earle will miss Marcus Brown quite a bit this year. I know they have a lot of talent but Brown was a game changer type of player.

bdubyab60

Yeah Earle will get better with bohannon. Big kid and a tough matchup. EPC had a starter go out in the first quarter. I know EPC won but not the final my contact hasn't got back with me yet. Good early season matchup for both teams. I'll get excited if we play them good later in the year.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Dogg

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

birddawg1986

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Some interesting decisions to start this one out

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60