• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

October 21, 2012, 12:01:39 pm #1500 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:03:43 pm by Eddie Goodson
Quote from: B.G. on October 21, 2012, 10:10:34 am
Merging these two threads was a mistake IMO.  You lose continuity.
Some of the greatest threads in the HOF are thread heaps. It happens and is appropriate.

Billyo62

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 21, 2012, 12:01:39 pm
Some of the greatest threads in the HOF are thread heaps. It happens and is appropriate.

Eddie I started a thread for the Bentonville vs Springdale game this week, any chance it makes the hall of fame?   ::)  I predict over 15 posts from 3 different posters!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 21, 2012, 12:06:15 pm

Eddie I started a thread for the Bentonville vs Springdale game this week, any chance it makes the hall of fame?   ::)  I predict over 15 posts from 3 different posters!
Make some really big promises for Bentonville to fulfill and then let Springdale beat Bentonville. Shouldn't be hard to do, right?

ricepig

I figured it would last at least through Sunday on the big boards, kind of makes the piling on a little less likely. Not that I care, but how long did the El DoDo thread from the HarBer game stay up,  :)

Brian G

They heap during the week though.

fnu lnu

Quote from: B.G. on October 20, 2012, 08:51:17 pm
Quote from: fnu lnu on October 20, 2012, 08:46:20 pm
Can someone please direct us to the front of the line?
With this, I've been consistent.  The front of the line is the 7A West and in particular the top of it.

Interesting.  And is there a 7A West top level team with which you affiliate your fan-dom?

RD™

Quote from: RD on October 15, 2012, 09:21:25 am
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 09:14:48 am
The SS DB's would be all state in 5A. The difference is against the Alma's and Huntsvcille's their QB has all night to throw. Against SS he will be on his can a lot.
Burgess won't be sacked more than once Friday night.
Hmm wasnt even sacked. Chalk another one up on The Big Boys

gwddog

Just gonna make some notes on our new conference rivalry standings:

Southside Big Ole Boys (BOB'S)    0  ::)

University of Greenwood MEN       1   ;D

Noted also if we move up again we have to yell out 7A multiple times before game time

University of Greenwood just acts like we've been there done that, oh wait we have.

Also of note we must provide as a courtesy when playing SS washers and dryers, their refs sure did throw around a lot of laundry out there or MERCY who knows what would have happened ;D

I also found where the ref in the Arkansas vs Auburn game 2 yrs ago went, you know, the one calling TD's in the endzones after fumbles :o

But on a more serious side congrats to both teams, it was a good hard fought and entertaining game and look forward to seeing these teams play each other next year :)

Coach Venny Slocombe

This game was a butt stomping and Jeff Williams should have been taking notes and maybe...just maybe SS can get back to a place of prominence in the 7A...

I will never bet against RJ again...lost my rear Friday night...

fnu lnu

Quote from: urhog on October 13, 2012, 09:26:14 am
This rivalry needs a name like some of the other great rivalries. Battle of the Bone, Battle of the Bulldogs, etc.

After all the talk on the boards this year, how about "Battle for the Big Boy Britches"?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

November 25, 2012, 12:54:55 am #1510 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:59:55 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2012, 10:40:21 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 20, 2012, 08:22:10 pm
Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on October 20, 2012, 08:04:46 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2012, 03:33:19 pm
There was no reason to tell either group no. Both groups are just like the band and cheerleader. The are part of the spirit squads that support the athletic teams...

Perhaps your indignant rage should be pointed towards the Greenwood administration for trying to exclude either group...

I think that we should applaud the Dixie Bells for standing up to someone in the Geeenwood administration who was so shortsighted....
OK, We will go with that...When I see kids try that in stores I always thought they were spoiled brats....learn something new every day...Thanks for clearing that up....Kids should always get their way is rule #1 according to Baitshop.. ;D
( I wonder who will get their panties in a wad over this?)
Every spirit squad and all the bands thinking they have a right to an allotment of time at halftime is getting out of control. Halftime, by rule, is 20 minutes long. Period. Trying to fit two bands, and two to three spirit groups into that 20 minutes is like trying to stuff a size twelve foot in a size 8 shoe. It just won't all fit. It's my opinion that either the visiting band or the spirit groups should do their thing BEFORE the game.

We had an issue last year with that down here and ended up with a 15 yard penalty to start the third quarter. We informed the band and spirit groups that it would NOT happen again. We'd make them all sit if it did.

Visiting groups and bands are guests and don't have the right or power to demand anything. Doesn't matter who they are or how good they are. Do your thing at home and be grateful for what you can get when on the road. Several times I know of schools have told our band when they got off the bus they will not be marching at halftime.

20 minutes is 20 minutes with a 3 minute warmup period following. Bands and spirit groups want more time, petition the AAA for a rule change. See how that goes.

The Dixie Belles request originally was to perform at halftime....once told that there wasn't enough time to accommodate everyone, they asked if anything was planned for either team during pregame....once they were told that there was not, they asked if they could perform in the pregame....they were initially told no by, what obviously was someone who didn't have the final say, so they asked someone else....

Easily solvable problem that would have let both dance teams AND cheerleaders perform while the teams were sitting in their respective lockerrooms....

Just somebody with Jr. Exec. power trying to wield CEO power....it was unnecessary....

Like most of what you post, you have no clue to what you speak of.

The Dixie Bells (who are an outdated kick squad that most 7 year olds could be taught to mimic) called and asked our coaches if they could perform. They were told no. So, as any spoiled brat would do, they called and asked the band director. He said no.  So, yes, you guessed it, they called and asked our principal, in which they were told NO.  So they got their AD to call our AD and beg him to let them perform.  Our AD, not having a clue, said yes.  And after all that, to watch 40 girls do a bunch of dorky kicks?  really? 

Now for the lack of class from SS.  We had plenty of chairs set up for your band, on YOUR side of the field.  So what did your band do when they arrived?  They tried to move all of their chairs directly behind the north endzone.  Why?  just to try and bully our band, just like all of the rest of your fans and students did all week prior to the game.  Our principal had to go down and tell your band to move back to their side.  What class your band has! 

It was the best game to be at.  Watching our boys not only beat your boys, but to spank them like a red headed step child.  We own southside!  We own Sebastian County.   Chew on that for the next year reb fans! 

baitshop, how about you stop chiming in on things you know nothing about!  You're gonna make someone a wonderful wife someday! 

Baitshop

There are not 2 correct points in your entire post....

The coaching staff has no control over pregame or halftime activities other than their warm up times....nor the band director, or the principal....the AD controls all activities on game nites from ticket takers, press box population, security, officiating accommodations, and the scheduling of ALL activities before the game and at halftime....

Our band was trying to intimidate your band..??..??  Dude, that is rich....it's ridiculous, but still rich....did you see both halftime performances.....that wasn't intimidation....it was annihilation....

And oh, the Dixie Belles, which are more highly touted than anything GW has ever put on the field, have been invited to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for the last 8 years...somebody, at least somebody with any sense, thinks that they not be as outdated as a yahoo from Greenwood may think...

When you come to Southside next year you will see how a host team is supposed to act....and by the way, you'll have to leave your "FUH" "Q" signs and your bullhorns at home....that kind of Greenwood "class" is not allowed at Southside....

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2012, 01:43:59 pm

The coaching staff has no control over pregame or halftime activities other than their warm up times....nor the band director, or the principal....the AD controls all activities on game nites from ticket takers, press box population, security, officiating accommodations, and the scheduling of ALL activities before the game and at halftime....

Our band was trying to intimidate your band..??..??  Dude, that is rich....it's ridiculous, but still rich....did you see both halftime performances.....that wasn't intimidation....it was annihilation....

And oh, the Dixie Belles have been invited to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for the last 8 years...somebody, at least somebody with any sense, thinks that they not be as outdated as a yahoo from Greenwood may think...

When you come to Southside next year you will see how a host team is supposed to act....and by the way, you'll have to leave your "FUH" "Q" signs and your bullhorns at home....that kind of Greenwood "class" is not allowed at Southside....

You seem to get your feeling hurt a lot by other teams..  Everyone picks on poor little ol Southside's angels...   get tough and get over it. You are starting to whine about everything.

Baitshop

Billyo....you're an idiot....surely you have something better to do than follow me around a message board and comment on every thread that I post in....

Aren't you moving or something..??..??

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2012, 02:18:18 pm
Billyo....you're an idiot....surely you have something better to do than follow me around a message board and comment on every thread that I post in....

Aren't you moving or something..??..??

I'm sorry, How does it feel..  You called me names you must be upset.  ;)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2012, 01:43:59 pm

And oh, the Dixie Belles, which are more highly touted than anything GW has ever put on the field, have been invited to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for the last 8 years...somebody, at least somebody with any sense, thinks that they not be as outdated as a yahoo from Greenwood may think...

All i know is anyone with 400 members in their band SHOULD be loud. Loud and large doesn't mean quality!  Sorry.  Anihilation?  hardly.  Your band were just being punks by trying to move to the endzone.  Trust me, it showed NO class.   

The Dixie Belles are the most overrated team in the state of Arkansas, right in front of your football team!  :)

And, by the way, speaking of "annihilation".........you do remember you got your butt kicked by greenwood right?  LOL   

At the end of the day, Greenwood thinks Soutside is classless, and southside thinks Greenwood is classless.

We owned YOU and we own sebastian county.  :)

Now, go cry somewhere else! 

Baitshop

Well....not surprisingly, it's getting worse for you.....there is not ONE single correct point in your post....

Smithian

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 25, 2012, 09:30:56 pmAll i know is anyone with 400 members in their band SHOULD be loud. Loud and large doesn't mean quality!  Sorry.  Anihilation?  hardly.  Your band were just being punks by trying to move to the endzone.  Trust me, it showed NO class.   

The Dixie Belles are the most overrated team in the state of Arkansas, right in front of your football team!  :)

And, by the way, speaking of "annihilation".........you do remember you got your butt kicked by greenwood right?  LOL   

At the end of the day, Greenwood thinks Soutside is classless, and southside thinks Greenwood is classless.

Oh shush

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Smithian on November 25, 2012, 09:40:55 pm
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 25, 2012, 09:30:56 pmAll i know is anyone with 400 members in their band SHOULD be loud. Loud and large doesn't mean quality!  Sorry.  Anihilation?  hardly.  Your band were just being punks by trying to move to the endzone.  Trust me, it showed NO class.   

Oh shush

Cry much?   ;D

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

November 25, 2012, 10:10:03 pm #1519 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:12:57 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2012, 09:35:12 pm
Well....not surprisingly, it's getting worse for you.....there is not ONE single correct point in your post....

Bait, I can explain it to you, but i can't Understand if for you!

What part of Greenwood owning Southside and Northside this year do you disagree with?  waiting.........waiting......

Billyo62

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 25, 2012, 10:10:03 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2012, 09:35:12 pm

Bait, I can explain it to you, but i can Understand if for you!

What part of Greenwood owning Southside and Northside this year do you disagree with?  waiting.........waiting......

Good luck with this!  ;)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

November 25, 2012, 10:19:13 pm #1521 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:29:06 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
 ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 25, 2012, 10:06:34 pm
Quote from: Smithian on November 25, 2012, 09:40:55 pm

Oh shush

Cry much?   ;D

8)

Paw-Paw

Quote from: TigerDog on October 18, 2012, 12:11:27 pm
It has taken me a little while, but I have finally figured out why a bunch of fans of a team that has two losses, hasn't won a Championship in 6 years and is playing a team from a lower classification is acting like they are this week..........

We ARE your Super Bowl. You know you can't win the 7A State Championship....You have to hang your hat on beating the team of the decade....you have to beat the Hillbillies to say you have done something......you have to beat little brother to feel better about yourself because you have nothing else to hang your hat on..lol lol lol lol lol I get it now.....

You keep up the dream that is beating the U of G. I understand that now we ARE your Big Game......I hope some day that you will be ours and we can recipricate your anxiety induced posts.  ;D ;D

Ring! Ring! Ring!

P.F.G.

The fact that this game thread is still going is impressive.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 26, 2012, 08:05:42 pm
The fact that grown men are fighting like 14 year old girls is even more impressive.

Baitshop

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 29, 2012, 06:56:38 pm
The fact that grown men are fighting like 14 year old girls is even more impressive.

It's those Greenwood guys....let 'em out of their shacks in the woods, hand them a computer and look how they act....

DogsWin7

Quote from: Baitshop on November 29, 2012, 11:17:56 pm

It's those Greenwood guys....let 'em out of their shacks in the woods, hand them a computer and look how they act....

says the teacher to the student.  ;D

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on November 29, 2012, 11:17:56 pm

I don't have a shack thank you.

It's a shanty.

Paw-Paw

At the rate this keeps going, it'll need to be transplanted back to the 6A forum for next years game.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Paw-Paw on December 04, 2012, 03:06:39 pm
At the rate this keeps going, it'll need to be transplanted back to the 6A forum for next years game.

#45straight

P.F.G.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 07, 2012, 08:32:52 am
Big game week 2 TT ;)

Yes it will be. Hmmmm...let's see....I'll call it....oh, I don't know...hmmmm? Awww, wth..."9 in a row CLASSIC".  ;) :) ;D :D  8) :P

Paw-Paw

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on December 07, 2012, 09:11:04 am
Big game week 2 TT ;)

Yes it will be. Hmmmm...let's see....I'll call it....oh, I don't know...hmmmm? Awww, wth..."9 in a row CLASSIC".  ;) :) ;D :D  8) :P

I don't know. At the rate the schedules have gone for the other sports, maybe the 'Dales switch an opponent for the fall.

B.S.

Quote from: Paw-Paw on December 08, 2012, 12:22:58 am
Big game week 2 TT ;)

I don't know. At the rate the schedules have gone for the other sports, maybe the 'Dales switch an opponent for the fall.

I wouldn't schedule Charleston if i were you! At least you are supposed to lose to Greenwood.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: B.S. on December 11, 2012, 02:27:51 pm
Big game week 2 TT ;)

I wouldn't schedule Charleston if i were you! At least you are supposed to lose to Greenwood.
lolololololol...

Coach Venny Slocombe

I really thought that the "Football game" was supposed to be about the "Football game"...not the pre-game festivities nor the halftime festivities...you guys do realize that these other teams are there to support the real event..."The Football Game"...who cares which band is better, or if the GW dance team is better than the Dixie Belles...this is about football...as for the other stuff...let the kids be kids and have fun. I hear @ Southside basketball games you can't even cheer against the other team. That is what is wrong with this world...too much political correctness and too many whiners...GROW UP people!

Paw-Paw

Big game week 2 TT ;)

Did one better and grabbed their coach! ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Paw-Paw on February 01, 2013, 02:00:30 am
Big game week 2 TT ;)

Did one better and grabbed their coach! ;D

Lol!!!  It still won't matter against Greenwood... ;D

High Voltage

Going back and reading some of these posts is hilarious. Bait taking up for the band and saying the SS band kicked GW's butt in the band competition. lolololol, you know the football team is bad when you talk about the band! :'(

footballboy01

Quote from: RGP on October 14, 2012, 04:32:22 pm
The "U of Greenwood" is one of the most comical developments I've ever witnessed.

WAKE UP CALL
You have historically played to be the 33rd best team in Arkansas.
Your town consists of a bunch of white hillbillies. Thus.....
Your team typically consists of a bunch of white hillbillies (recruitment non-withstanding).
Yes, your team is fast. But everyone is still a bunch of white hillbillies.
On any given year, you may have 2-3 players big enough and strong enough for football with the big boys.
Your stadium is a joke.
Your team is classless.

And......
Maintaining this means so much to your crappy little town and school district that you are more
like Devry University of Greenwood Village to me.
Yes, that's a real school.

Unless you have proof shut your mouths
after 8 years do you finally have your proof

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas