• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

South Side was moved to the Central for a reason.  All that ... we really want to be in the west...yada yada yada is nothing but posturing by the baby blue. The Administration all the way to kindergarten knows the west has passed them by.

Nice front by the way.... had me fooled.

Your coach will pile up wins in the Central. Your Newspaper will write big articles about the whipping you guys put on the Little Rock schools.... and you will feel all warm and fuzzy about your team until reality sinks in.

Getting the brakes beat off you by little brother.... I don't know how you get out of bed this morning.

Don't worry ..... your coach can rack up a few more wins this year before you have to face the west again.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on October 20, 2012, 09:17:20 am
South Side was moved to the Central for a reason.  All that ... we really want to be in the west...yada yada yada is nothing but posturing by the baby blue. The Administration all the way to kindergarten knows the west has passed them by.

Your coach will pile up wins in the Central. Your Newspaper will write big articles about the whipping you guys put on the Little Rock schools.... and you will feel all warm and fuzzy about your team until reality sinks in.

Getting the brakes beat off you by little brother.... I don't know how you get out of bed this morning.

Don't worry ..... your coach can rack up a few more wins this year before you have to face the west again.

Kind of sounds familiar doesn't it, too bad the don't run the wing-t.

RD™

300 yards rushing. Not even in my wildest would I have predicted that.

Jeep71

Quote from: Smithian on October 19, 2012, 11:16:28 pm
Quote from: Paw-Paw on October 19, 2012, 11:15:33 pm

Seeing an Alma fan celebrate Greenwood is really, really sad.

Have some pride.
You will be on the Band Wagon before you know it.

BillyJack™

Quote from: Jeep71 on October 20, 2012, 09:36:18 am
Quote from: Smithian on October 19, 2012, 11:16:28 pm
Quote from: Paw-Paw on October 19, 2012, 11:15:33 pm

Seeing an Alma fan celebrate Greenwood is really, really sad.

Have some pride.
You will be on the Band Wagon before you know it.
JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!
There is not and never will be an Airedale hopping on any Greenwierd Band Wagon. The issue of the "Big Boy" league making the false distinction that the wrinkled up mut just moved up from a weak, non-competitive 5A class is what warrants the stabs. As I eluded to before, no Airedale would lose a second's sleep over Greenwierd getting their backsides handed to them, but the simple point was we were pretty sure it wasn't gonna happen last night. The fact the game mirrored pretty much the last 8 years, was a bit gratifying after all the talk down smack. ENJOY THE CROW, touch of salt with a dab of BBQ helps.

B.S.

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2012, 01:23:18 am
Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on October 20, 2012, 12:59:36 am
Ok, This is a serious question. Are the Dixie Bells so spoiled that they don't take no for an answer. They called and asked to perform at half time and were told no because the time was taken so they called four other people until they found someone tired of saying no and gave them some pregame time. I understand they are supposed to be pretty good but to force themselves like that is a cry for attention. Sometimes the band and other things just might have the time reserved...it is part of life so deal with it..just saying

Wow....hating on 15-18 year old girls that perform at halftime of football games....

What I saw was a Dixie Belle performance in the pregame.....you boys have so much high quality entertainment going on before the game that you don't have time to watch some pretty young ladies perform....Let me guess, the Dixie Belles pushed back the two announcements of Bruce Terri supplying the press box meal....

Come on Dad....surely there is something in your life that you can find to be offended by other than the Dixie Belles...??..??   ::)

I  am so glad i got to see the Dixie Bells! I thought they were great.  I'm just glad the Reb Football team didn't perform as well as they did!  ;D

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2012, 09:26:56 am
Quote from: fastdrop on October 20, 2012, 09:17:20 am

Kind of sounds familiar doesn't it, too bad the don't run the wing-t.

Yes, that is why I am in the know without being in the know.

the Padre

Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 12:21:58 am
Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 12:03:00 am
Quote from: Baitshop on October 19, 2012, 11:15:43 pm

The $5 baseball chili was outstanding, as was the hospitality......I'm not going to say that Earl and I didn't get some looks, but we were certainly treated well.....got to put some names with faces...have known "BS" for years and didn't realize who it was....got to meet BGR as well, another fine Greenwood fella....got to see our old friend The Padre tonite, didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked, but always good to see him....

Good seeing you again, too, Bait.  Wish we could have chatted more.  Kept looking for familiar faces, but after a couple of years I guess folks have changed a bit...plus it was so dang crowded it was hard to find anybody.

Hey Padre, if you go to confession, and promise to never be sucked in by the Evil Southside lies and promises of "Big Boy Paradise" I think we could take you back in to the Fold, and bring you back to the "Promised Land"! I think Bait's too far gone though. He's been eating the forbidden fruit way too long. You should have come over and eaten some good Baseball Chili tonight, I had some of Rusty's Deer chili, it was very good. I think we need to do that again next week. What do you think BGR? How about BBQ next week?

Couldn't get there in time for the chili.  Sounds like I really missed out. 

Confession is already taken care of.  I sincerely tried to be a good and loyal Reb fan mainly for all the wrong reasons.  I am still a proud alum of Southside and back living in my home town, but after two years of giving it my best shot, I will no longer be making excuses and racking my brain trying be positive about under achieving and staying with the old school mentality in this new era of high school football.  I was glad when HDN left and listening to Rebel broadcasts and watching them play brings back too many bad memories.  I still have my Bulldog gear, including the Santa hat. =)

gatecrasher

It's a great day. The 7A superiority complex got chewed up and spit out. Vehemently.

I tried to tell you this "gap" was closing. It will continue to close further.

B.S.

Hey has anyone heard the Breakfast special at Benson's this morning? Fried Crow, Crow Poached, Crow Scrambled, with Grits  and Toast. Bait's working on some other recipes because he knows they are going to have to eat a lot of it for the next few years!

Billyo62

Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 10:25:44 am
Hey has anyone heard the Breakfast special at Benson's this morning? Fried Crow, Crow Poached, Crow Scrambled, with Grits  and Toast. Bait's working on some other recipes because he knows they are going to have to eat a lot of it for the next few years!

Well if it's on the Benson's menu, it will still be good!

fastdrop

Bologna .... The gap is getting bigger. The bottom 8 teams in 7A is sending request to the AAA to become 7B.

the Padre

Quote from: Smithian on October 20, 2012, 08:02:13 am
Quote from: Dad of Future Dog on October 20, 2012, 01:50:03 am
+1 Paw-Paw.  I need to get with you sometime so you can show me some of that thar fancy puter stuff............ That is just plain funny..................
I want to know how badly you all have messed with the minds of the Alma posters that they go nuts for a Greenwood victory.

When you turn the tables on a team that use to own you and end up changing their diapers and mushing up their food for them, then politely return what's left of their old turf for them to dominate once again, they tend to be appreciative.  (Can't help it if they don't dominate like they use to.  They will have to take that up with Greenbrier and Mo-town.)

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 20, 2012, 10:19:53 am
It's a great day. The 7A superiority complex got chewed up and spit out. Vehemently.

I tried to tell you this "gap" was closing. It will continue to close further.

Not really, Greenwood is a good football team, and Southside had already lost to Heritage this year.  one game against an at best middle of the pack 7A team doesn't mean much.  they did beat El do but that isn't any big deal this year. It was a good win for Greenwood I only watched the second half and it was pretty brutal.

Baitshop

Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 10:25:44 am

BS is right....we are having an all-you-can-eat crow special today....someone backed up a big blue truck to the back door last night around 10pm and dropped off 45 cases of crow unexpectedly....we need to get rid of it before it starts to stink...

You good folks feel free to drop on by....Lord knows that it is more than even I can eat.... :-\

the Padre

Ok, This is a serious question. Are the Dixie Bells so spoiled that they don't take no for an answer. They called and asked to perform at half time and were told no because the time was taken so they called four other people until they found someone tired of saying no and gave them some pregame time. I understand they are supposed to be pretty good but to force themselves like that is a cry for attention. Sometimes the band and other things just might have the time reserved...it is part of life so deal with it..just saying

Dude, are you complaining about getting to see a bunch of lovely young ladies in super short skirts parading on the field?  Seriously?

businesstron

gatecrasher

I'm all for it but the Searcy's, Siloam's and Sheridan's don't want any part of it.

gatecrasher

You speak of El Do....
All I gotta say is everyone better get their punches in this year, and maybe next, because we are gonna be really, really good in a couple of years. Could wind up being another threepeat.

the Padre

How about they just take the top 8 7A teams and the top 8 6A teams in one conference, and the bottom 8 from each class in the other conference?  It's all such a big joke anyway.

Billyo62

Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 11:44:42 am
How about they just take the top 8 7A teams and the top 8 6A teams in one conference, and the bottom 8 from each class in the other conference?  It's all such a big joke anyway.

if we are basically going to let everyone in the playoffs I like that Idea just for the playoffs...

fastdrop

I see more first place trophy's in the future than less.

Gate may want to be put back in 7A but you can bet your bottom dollar that Eldo don't.

the Padre

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 20, 2012, 11:47:35 am
Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 11:44:42 am

if we are basically going to let everyone in the playoffs I like that Idea just for the playoffs...

That's what I meant...the you could seriously say they were playing for #17.   :)

B.S.

Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 10:11:53 am

The $5 baseball chili was outstanding, as was the hospitality......I'm not going to say that Earl and I didn't get some looks, but we were certainly treated well.....got to put some names with faces...have known "BS" for years and didn't realize who it was....got to meet BGR as well, another fine Greenwood fella....got to see our old friend The Padre tonite, didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked, but always good to see him....

Good seeing you again, too, Bait.  Wish we could have chatted more.  Kept looking for familiar faces, but after a couple of years I guess folks have changed a bit...plus it was so dang crowded it was hard to find anybody.

Hey Padre, if you go to confession, and promise to never be sucked in by the Evil Southside lies and promises of "Big Boy Paradise" I think we could take you back in to the Fold, and bring you back to the "Promised Land"! I think Bait's too far gone though. He's been eating the forbidden fruit way too long. You should have come over and eaten some good Baseball Chili tonight, I had some of Rusty's Deer chili, it was very good. I think we need to do that again next week. What do you think BGR? How about BBQ next week?

Confession is already taken care of.  I sincerely tried to be a good and loyal Reb fan mainly for all the wrong reasons.  I am still a proud alum of Southside and back living in my home town, but after two years of giving it my best shot, I will no longer be making excuses and racking my brain trying be positive about under achieving and staying with the old school mentality in this new era of high school football.  I was glad when HDN left and listening to Rebel broadcasts and watching them play brings back too many bad memories.  I still have my Bulldog gear, including the Santa hat. =)

Change your screen name back and Sin no more! Oh and say 30 Hail Rick Jones, and 30 Southside is the Devil!

B.S.

The price of Gas to get to Smith Robinson $15

The price of feeding your family good Baseball Chili $35

The price of getting your family into the Game $35

The Looks on the Southside Fans and the Deafening Silence from that side of the field when the Score hit 38-21 Priceless!

the Padre

Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 12:02:29 pm
Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 10:11:53 am

Change your screen name back and Sin no more! Oh and say 30 Hail Rick Jones, and 30 Southside is the Devil!

What? Change it back to Father Guido?  Half the people just called me Padre any way.  :)

the Padre

Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 12:10:18 pm

The Looks on the Southside Fans and the Deafening Silence from that side of the field when the Score hit 38-21 Priceless!

...you could add the sight of the Rebel fans filing out at the end of the 3rd quarter to that list.

Brian G

Let's not let ED people off scott free.  They lost to a weaker 7A link and then turned around and lost badly last night.

ED picked a good night lose, but it didn't go unnoticed.

gatecrasher

FD, Greenwood just showed what I have been saying for three years now....that gap is closing between 7A and 6A. You're gonna see more wins by the 6A over the so-called "big boys."

We ain't skerred of playing ANYONE.

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 20, 2012, 01:10:14 pm
FD, Greenwood just showed what I have been saying for three years now....that gap is closing between 7A and 6A. You're gonna see more wins by the 6A over the so-called "big boys."

Sure you are, unless there is something wrong with you guys!  ;)

DogsWin7

Yes you are.  Go sale that somewhere else.  The U of G ain't buying it....

Where is bigmouth?  Can't believe he isn't on here congratulating #1Greenwood

the Padre

Quote from: B.G. on October 20, 2012, 12:56:29 pm
Let's lot let ED people off scott free.  They lost to a weaker 7A link and then turned around and lost badly last night.

ED picked a good night lose, but it didn't go unnoticed.

El Do fans are perfectly capable of embarrassing themselves.  Don't need any help from me.

TigerDog

Dixie Bells were awesome! Southside Band was incredible! Friday night football atmosphere was phenomenal. (That is why the series should have always been played even if SS admin was skeerd.)

Props to a physical SS team. They played hard and gave GW all they could handle in 1st half. 4 turnovers and we were only up by 3....I know it was aided by some bad calls, but still. Price, Griffin and #19 were very good and fun to watch. Disappointed in the sportsmanship of #10. Disappointed watching SS fans leave in third quarter and completely bail in beginning of 4th.

But most importantly congratulations to our Bulldogs! Great effort. Great execution!

Last but not least to my SS friends and posters. It was a fun week and I like the way you smack talk and support your team. I know us GW folk can be a little cocky, but you may understand a little better now, we have been watching this for 9 years. Little brother can play boys....us Hillbillies have been beating up good teams for awhile now. Get used to it. Give these boys a little bit more respect next time. Without a few penalties it could have been a Mercy rule.....I said 41-24......It was a very fun to watch 45-21. Good luck the rest of the year Rebels. I can now root for you to win the 7A. Then maybe you will think we are better than 33rd or 17th.....lol

RD™

bigsnot knows what is good for him and that is keeping his yap shut

B.S.

Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 12:55:26 pm
Quote from: B.S. on October 20, 2012, 12:10:18 pm

...you could add the sight of the Rebel fans filing out at the end of the 3rd quarter to that list.

I was going to put " when the score hit 45-21", but there weren't any fans left when that happened.

P.F.G.

TigerDog

Where is where is RGP??????

Is he skeerd or allergic to bird?

gatecrasher

Diehard, how you gonna speculate that when I know what you say is BS?

We'll play anyone, anywhere. Frankly I hope this split would end while Scott Reed is still our coach. Don't see it happening but I can hope.

Billyo62

Quote from: TigerDog on October 20, 2012, 01:44:12 pm

It's Saturday, he is probably playing Football!

TigerDog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 20, 2012, 01:53:26 pm

It's Saturday, he is probably playing Football!

They play at noon. I can assure you if they would have won we would have seen a post last night or early this morning.

DogsWin7

It's worse than I thought.

Those fantasy football games you and bigmouth play really got you sucked in.......

.....you do remember your team El Do lost last night right?  or are you in shock?  I can forgive you this once...

You also remember you and your friends said that our "cupcake" schedule was over last week yes? 

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 20, 2012, 09:04:17 am

....am I reading this right?   

The Dixie Bell's represent SS football as much as the cheerleaders for GW does.  To not like the Dixie Bell's is almost unamerican!imo.

They have been well recognized for decades and that is a great tradition for the Rebs.  Come on man.....I would of been disappointed if I hadn't seen them.

They ARE AWESOME!
Nooo..I was just saying that the home team girls were told they couldn't perform and accepted it and the visiting team was told no several times but wouldn't/couldn't accept that as an answer and kept pushing until they got their way. I just feel if one side can't perform then no is no and let it go. They are pretty good bunch of young girls but fair is fair.

DogsWin7

Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on October 20, 2012, 02:23:55 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 20, 2012, 09:04:17 am

....am I reading this right?   

The Dixie Bell's represent SS football as much as the cheerleaders for GW does.  To not like the Dixie Bell's is almost unamerican!imo.

They have been well recognized for decades and that is a great tradition for the Rebs.  Come on man.....I would of been disappointed if I hadn't seen them.

They ARE AWESOME!
Nooo..I was just saying that the home team girls were told they couldn't perform and accepted it and the visiting team was told no several times but wouldn't/couldn't accept that as an answer and kept pushing until they got their way. I just feel if one side can't perform then no is no and let it go. They are pretty good bunch of young girls but fair is fair.

That's different.

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: the Padre on October 20, 2012, 10:41:05 am

Dude, are you complaining about getting to see a bunch of lovely young ladies in super short skirts parading on the field?  Seriously?
Seriously, I don't look at them in that sense because of their age but to each their own. I was refering to not taking the "no available time" answer from several people. The home dance team was even told no. The Dixie Bells are well known but even they have to accept the word no sometime in life...sorry

Baitshop

He's in Hiram Ohio playing against the Hiram College Terriers before their big rivalry game against Case Western in Cleveland.....

fastdrop

short memory Gate.... If I remember correctly Eldo voted to keep the split...recently I might add.

DogsWin7

It's okay Gate........  I was just kidding.

I am going to shut-up.   Feel free to give me a +1 for that.

fastdrop

I ain't kiddin.... Eldo threw up the white flag last time this issue was voted on.

Earl is my Hero!!

If I were you, I'd worry more about beating the 5A teams and 6A teams on your schedule first.

Don't kid yourself into thinking El Dorado is in the same "league" as Greenwood...

Greenwoodalum

Acceptance??? Id say more like very respected after what everyone witnessed last night. Nothing about that game surprised me except we never got to see the real speedster on the Bulldogs play any offense(#2), then again, we never needed him on that side of the ball, I did enjoy him baiting # 10 for the pick, he layed off the receiver on purpose just to make him look open then broke on the ball release, like taking candy from a baby, he is the real deal!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas