• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lavaca Boys Basketball 18-19

Started by BigMan15, November 17, 2018, 10:11:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

After losing a ton of talent last year the young guys will have to step up to have a successfull season. An early loss to Booneville at Booneville. Then a 70-53 win against Mansfield at home followed up with a 53-47 win at home against Cedarville.

YSpanther

How is your conference this year? We match up in regionals and so far it doesn't look like either of us have very many can't miss type teams.  I expect you to run away with it.  I thought Westside might be competitive, but they lost to Marshall, who isn't very good this year.

dentist15

The 2A-4 is like yall's conference...top heavy. Lavaca, like ES and yall in the 2A-1, looks to be the only good team in the conference. Lavaca should walk through the conference, but that lack of competition in conference play could haunt them come post-season play (as it does for any team in a weak conference or with a weak schedule).

YSpanther

Quote from: dentist15 on December 12, 2018, 08:18:45 am
The 2A-4 is like yall's conference...top heavy. Lavaca, like ES and yall in the 2A-1, looks to be the only good team in the conference. Lavaca should walk through the conference, but that lack of competition in conference play could haunt them come post-season play (as it does for any team in a weak conference or with a weak schedule).
That's my biggest concern too.  And Flippin is getting better.  They pulled off an upset on their homecourt last week over ES.  But they came and scouted our game against ES and I think they had been scheming and working on some new stuff just for ES.  I think ES got up for us, then let down their guard vs. Flippin.  I think these 3 along with whoever improves the most among Haas Hall and Cotter for the 4th spot will play you guys in regionals.  I know it is early, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get 3 out of regionals with Lavaca this year into state.  But I think it will be hard for any of us to get past the first round, because we will be facing the region that has Earle, Marked Tree, Clarendon, Buffalo Island, Sloan Hendrix, Marmaduke, Bay, Barton, EPC.  It is a murderer's row over there and only 4 make it to state and we get paired exclusively with them in the first round.  And if you have any upsets in the seeding games, you could be a 1 playing a defending champion in the first round like Earle.

Nice.   ;D

But I guess you have to beat the best to be the best.

dentist15

Quote from: YSpanther on December 12, 2018, 10:05:31 am

But I guess you have to beat the best to be the best.

Very true. And with that region, even the 4-seed will still be pretty salty and a tough matchup for the 1-seed out of this region.

Not too high on any of the other teams out of the 2A-4. Lavaca could very well be the only 2A-4 team to make it out of the first round of regionals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas