• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

warren vs nashville

Started by #1 STUNNA, June 29, 2007, 10:31:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

list why warren will be better
list why nashville will be better

lets do some preseason arguing

I BLEED ORANGE

Warren will be a better team this year from last simply because they will have a pretty solid qb (from what i hear), and with the weapons at the skill positions he's going to have to throw to he should do very well, only down side is he hasn't been through a tough game yet, something like a double overtime state championship game, but i figure him to be good for warren for some time to come.

and

Nashville is simply, Nashville.  Were winners, nomatter who we lose or what the obsticales in front of us are, we find a way to win.  Its going to hurt the offense with the lose of A.J. but we are still extremly powerful on offense with Deshawn running behind what could end up being one of the best o-lines in the 4A, including some young and eager recievers and qb position is going to be filled extremly well, Pierre has done nothing but improved since the departcher of A.J. He is beginning to ballon in size and his knowledge of the offense grows every day.  And the defense is simply Nashville hard nose D.  Right it down in the books and get your tickets early, "Orange n Black War, Part2" is set in December at WMS

The Grudge

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on June 29, 2007, 10:51:03 pm
Warren will be a better team this year from last simply because they will have a pretty solid qb (from what i hear), and with the weapons at the skill positions he's going to have to throw to he should do very well, only down side is he hasn't been through a tough game yet, something like a double overtime state championship game, but i figure him to be good for warren for some time to come.

and

Nashville is simply, Nashville.  Were winners, nomatter who we lose or what the obsticales in front of us are, we find a way to win.  Its going to hurt the offense with the lose of A.J. but we are still extremly powerful on offense with Deshawn running behind what could end up being one of the best o-lines in the 4A, including some young and eager recievers and qb position is going to be filled extremly well, Pierre has done nothing but improved since the departcher of A.J. He is beginning to ballon in size and his knowledge of the offense grows every day.  And the defense is simply Nashville hard nose D.  Right it down in the books and get your tickets early, "Orange n Black War, Part2" is set in December at WMS

Yea, but yo ucant forget about Nashville's Marcus Witherspoon, and Randy Jefferson on that D-line  ;D

I BLEED ORANGE

Oh yes! the Defense!
What is there to say about the Nashville D, its been the same for many years, physical and hard nose, some may even say greedy seeing as how the only let up an average of 14 points per game and this years d will be no different. The d-line is definatly the strong hold of the 07 Scrap d, led by Marcus Witherspoon and Randy Jefferson and with Marcus Turner gaining confidence and new comer Ricky Quinoez the line of Nashville will terrorize every offensive coordinator we come against.  The linebacker positions are the shakey area, with Witherspoon (Trey not Marcus) coming back it gives some stability but as of now they have him at the Mike which is not the best place for him, that will change as soon as Dawson allows Jamison to go over to defense, this in turn will send Witherspoon back to his natural position at outside backer and the other backer is a toss up between Spradlin and Graham, both of whom are more then capable of handling the position. The secondary will for once be seasoned with the return of Serrano and Williams, along with seasoned corner Kyle Moore and junior Dylan Webb who looks to start at the saftey position, sending Williams to the other corner were he will be able to make more plays.  Webb is possible the most physical secondary man we will have this year.  The D of Nashville will, in my opoin, be even better then last years or the year before, but only time will tell if my oponion is true.

The Grudge

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on June 29, 2007, 11:16:22 pm
Oh yes! the Defense!
What is there to say about the Nashville D, its been the same for many years, physical and hard nose, some may even say greedy seeing as how the only let up an average of 14 points per game and this years d will be no different. The d-line is definatly the strong hold of the 07 Scrap d, led by Marcus Witherspoon and Randy Jefferson and with Marcus Turner gaining confidence and new comer Ricky Quinoez the line of Nashville will terrorize every offensive coordinator we come against.  The linebacker positions are the shakey area, with Witherspoon (Trey not Marcus) coming back it gives some stability but as of now they have him at the Mike which is not the best place for him, that will change as soon as Dawson allows Jamison to go over to defense, this in turn will send Witherspoon back to his natural position at outside backer and the other backer is a toss up between Spradlin and Graham, both of whom are more then capable of handling the position. The secondary will for once be seasoned with the return of Serrano and Williams, along with seasoned corner Kyle Moore and junior Dylan Webb who looks to start at the saftey position, sending Williams to the other corner were he will be able to make more plays.  Webb is possible the most physical secondary man we will have this year.  The D of Nashville will, in my opoin, be even better then last years or the year before, but only time will tell if my oponion is true.

I agree with you 100% right there, Nashvilles Defense will give alot of teams nightmares when they go to sleep

Romeo

On Warren- Warren's senior class is 24-2 in two years and most of them are three year starters, possibly the best class in Warren history. Warren's receiving corps is so deep that a potential DI recruit is FIFTH in the depth chart. The lumberjacks are loaded with speed in every skill position and have the potential to have a college signee in every position. Its hard for any team to say that a sophomore quarterback and running back would make a team better but warren's duo is the exception, both will be on the rivals.com watch list in three years. Finally, Warren is still reeling from the loss in the state championship. This year there out for revenge like kill bill.

On Nashville- This program dosen't rebuild they just find a replacment for every A.J. Whitmore, Chris Benson, Greg Washington, or Willie Hopson that graduates. Tradition runs deep, a seven win season which is usually a successful season for most schools is a dissapointment for nashville. Right now they still have a workhorse running back in Deshawn Scroggins and a stingy defense. The biggest question is who would replace whitmore and will they win a third state title without him. If you look at Nashville's history they always seem to find a replacement at quarterback. From Jared McBride(the former all time leading passer in the state), to Blake Young, Brian Pope, Drew Curtis, and Whitmore the cycle dosen't seem to stop. They'll still have a mobile quarterback this year so they could very well have the same season as they did last year.

I BLEED ORANGE

Agreed, that Alford is going to be a beast! looking for big things from him this year. Don't know much bout the qb but i'm figuren him to have a good year (one word-Childs), It'll be interesting to see what big time colleges try to snatch them up.  About our mobile qb, Pierre is got a great arm, similar to A.J.'s, but the one thing about him that i like the most is he sits in the pocket until the very last second and then turns to the scramble and with the recievers he is going to have to throw to, looking for big numbers out of him this year.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on June 29, 2007, 11:49:05 pm
Agreed, that Alford is going to be a beast! looking for big things from him this year. Don't know much bout the qb but i'm figuren him to have a good year (one word-Childs), It'll be interesting to see what big time colleges try to snatch them up.  About our mobile qb, Pierre is got a great arm, similar to A.J.'s, but the one thing about him that i like the most is he sits in the pocket until the very last second and then turns to the scramble and with the recievers he is going to have to throw to, looking for big numbers out of him this year.

Alford was last years runningback, warrens QB will make some D1 coach real happy one day, I have never met a person that loves the game of football the way hayden Smith does

Papa Billie™

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 29, 2007, 11:52:30 pm
Alford was last years runningback, warrens QB will make some D1 coach real happy one day, I have never met a person that loves the game of football the way hayden Smith does

Hayden Smith meet any kid growing up in Nashville that desires to be a SCRAPPER....SS ;D

I BLEED ORANGE

My mistake with the Alford comment.  Got my names confused,  thats good to hear that Smith loves the game, you shouldn't play the game if you don't love it.  Towns like Warren and Nashville bring their kids up to love the game, thats why we are the dominate forces in the 4A world.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Super Scrapper on June 30, 2007, 12:10:18 am
Hayden Smith meet any kid growing up in Nashville that desires to be a SCRAPPER....SS ;D

gag me with a wooden spoon, if only every kid could grow up in nashville we would have a million annoying ss's and not just one

The Grudge

Nashville's Seniors should have a good record as well will alot of playing time as well maybe someone can put their record on here for the past 2 years

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: The Grudge on June 30, 2007, 12:20:21 am
Nashville's Seniors should have a good record as well will alot of playing time as well maybe someone can put their record on here for the past 2 years

and how many of those players actually started for there sophomore team

I BLEED ORANGE

Nashvilles Seniors have a record of 28-1 in the last two years with those two state championships and for you stunna every senior that is going to start this year played last year, we got depth and experience, and a mean streak to boot.  We're hungry, even more so then Warren, the title is coming home with the Scraps....

the 3-PEAT has begun!

The Grudge

im just referring to Romeo's statement since he said Warrens Seniors were 24-2 over 2 years

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on June 30, 2007, 12:26:37 am
Nashvilles Seniors have a record of 28-1 in the last two years with those two state championships and for you stunna every senior that is going to start this year played last year, we got depth and experience, and a mean streak to boot.  We're hungry, even more so then Warren, the title is coming home with the Scraps....

the 3-PEAT has begun!

how many started last year though

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: The Grudge on June 30, 2007, 12:27:08 am
im just referring to Romeo's statement since he said Warrens Seniors were 24-2 over 2 years

i understand that what im saying is alot of these seniors this year have been starting since there sophomore year

Papa Billie™

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 30, 2007, 12:29:16 am
how many started last year though

Doesn't matter who started, it matter that they played, and a lot...We will be ready.  We will win....SS   :D

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Super Scrapper on June 30, 2007, 12:33:20 am
Doesn't matter who started, it matter that they played, and a lot...We will be ready.  We will win....SS   :D

im sure alot of kids did play, but when yall were up 40 points and put your subs in im sure the other team put ther subs in to, so dont say that there playing time was just as much as the starters

I BLEED ORANGE

11 of the senior starters (not counting Ricky sense he didn't play last year) started at least 2 games, all but 3 started every game(Jamison broke his leg before the playoffs, Turner came in after Jamison and Arnold got 2 starts under his belt and a load of playing time with it.  And yes there were one or two juniors that got in last year.  A certian Graham got Hootens player of the game when we played Fountian Lake(yes i know its just Fountian Lake),  the expeirence is there and the hunger for that third title is definatly there, its simply only a matter of time now.

The Grudge

Ha, I cant wait all this emotion is building up!!! :o

Papa Billie™

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 30, 2007, 12:36:43 am
im sure alot of kids did play, but when yall were up 40 points and put your subs in im sure the other team put ther subs in to, so dont say that there playing time was just as much as the starters

We didn't wait until we were up 40 points to put our players in.  We were changing players very early and letting them play against the 1st team of nearly every opponent.Our 3rd and 4th strings were going in at the time you are talking about......SS

Romeo

Just to be blunt, a warren/nashville rematch would be like apollo creed(nashville) facing Ivan Drago(warren).

#1 STUNNA

June 30, 2007, 12:47:10 am #23 Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:58:38 am by #1 STUNNA
warren has 9 seniors that have been starting since there sophomore year ( Mark Durmon G, Skyler Tolefree T, Anthony Davis SS, Greg Childs WR/DE, Jay Wright WR/QB/DB, Cody Lambert CB, Chris Tatum OLB, Antwain Harris MLB, Basmine Jones WR/DE )
Have 4 guys that have been starting for two years( Jony Roper C, Chris Gragg WR, Quin franklin TE/LB/DE, Blake Harris CB)

The Grudge

the nashville games i didnt go to i would hear the sportscaster name the players coming int othe ball game in the first quarter

APPLE JACKZ

I DONT HAVE TOO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT IT SO IM JUST GONNA MAKE DIZ SHORT AND SWEET LYKE HOW  WE WILL BEAT NASHVILLE IN THE CHAPIONSHIP..........

I BLEED ORANGE

Oh my! shakey promises, they come by the truck loads, you are correct about how Warren will be at WMS come December, but what you failed to mention is that Warren and Nashville will battle to the last second but sadly (for Warren) the Scrappers will get handed their 3rd straight title ;D.......

the 3-PEAT has begun!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on June 30, 2007, 10:52:40 am
Oh my! shakey promises, they come by the truck loads, you are correct about how Warren will be at WMS come December, but what you failed to mention is that Warren and Nashville will battle to the last second but sadly (for Warren) the Scrappers will get handed their 3rd straight title ;D.......

the 3-PEAT has begun!
[/q

no way this game goes down to the wire. warren will win this early on in the game

APPLE JACKZ

no way this game goes down to the wire. warren will win this early on in the game
[/quote]

THANKS STUNNA!! NO BETTER WAY 2 PUT IT!! ((#8)) ;))

Papa Billie™

Anyone's gonna win it early it will be the SCRAPPERS, count on that...Our team will beat your I's...SS  ;D

The Grudge

I dont think they will be able to understand what you mean... ??? 8) lol

Papa Billie™

The final score will show them...lol...SS  ;D

scrapdawgof06

that one guy, Apple Jackz, oh boy, thats that Warren edumacation shining through... Stunna, no kin is he? teehee ;D

*Now, as not to derail this thread*

Until that final whistle blows on that final play for both Nashville and Warren, all of this is just speculation and hopefulness... we all have our biased opinions and such, as to who has more experience, who will show who up, who will win it early, etc... my question is, HOW DO WE KNOW THIS?   we dont know this, thats my point here... this argument has ensued since about 10 p.m. on Dec. 10th, 2006... a dead horse my foot... till we play the freaking game... its nothing but hearsay and wishful thinking, and to be going on and on about it... wow ::)

I BLEED ORANGE

Yes this topic has been drug through the mud and back, but with something as big as Nashville and Warren its hard not to talk about it, fueding between the two schools truley hasn't stopped ever since Zack Winton made the game winning catch in Warren to knock out the then "Title Bound" Lumberjacks, I do agree that all of this jiber jabering doesn't mean anything untill that last whistle blows but the reason that we can still speak on the subject is because of the simple fact that the two teams are going to meet in Little Rock, its inevitable.

APPLE JACKZ

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on July 01, 2007, 12:09:16 pm
that one guy, Apple Jackz, oh boy, thats that Warren edumacation shining through... Stunna, no kin is he? teehee ;D

FIRST OF ALL... IF U WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE AN EDUCATION ASK YOUR MOM CUZ I GAVE IT ALL TO HER. AND I GOT ON THIS SITE TO PUT MY TWO CENT IN ND LEAVE THE SUBJECT ALONE BUT I SEE happy THAT SAY "TEEHEE" WANT LET ME....... AND MY GRADES ARE BETTER THAN YOURS ARE NOW, WHERE THEN, OR WHATEVER. AND I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THE "SCRAPS" BECAUSE PEOPLE LYKE YOU. NOW SCAN THROUGH THAT ND SEE IF U SEE ANY EDUCATION ERRORS CHUMP! ((NuMbEr 8!!)) YOU'LL SEE ME!

Prodigy

Quote from: APPLE JACKZ on July 01, 2007, 05:27:59 pm
Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on July 01, 2007, 12:09:16 pm

FIRST OF ALL... IF U WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE AN EDUCATION ASK YOUR MOM CUZ I GAVE IT ALL TO HER. AND I GOT ON THIS SITE TO PUT MY TWO CENT IN ND LEAVE THE SUBJECT ALONE BUT I SEE happy THAT SAY "TEEHEE" WANT LET ME....... AND MY GRADES ARE BETTER THAN YOURS ARE NOW, WHERE THEN, OR WHATEVER. AND I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THE "SCRAPS" BECAUSE PEOPLE LYKE YOU. NOW SCAN THROUGH THAT ND SEE IF U SEE ANY EDUCATION ERRORS CHUMP! ((NuMbEr 8!!)) YOU'LL SEE ME!

Nice single digit post

I BLEED ORANGE

Oh we'll see you, and we'll be sure to send you a pick of us holding up that state title. All the lettering will be BIG so you can read it, Nashville Scrappers 2007 State Champions. That fact is inevitable, and if you get upset or get your feelings hurt just cause somebody posts something that you don't like doesn't give you the right to sink as low as to calling people "happy".  I know that fans from Warren and Nashville like to get on here poke fun at each other, but goin as low as you did is pothetic.  I personally expected more class out of yall.

APPLE JACKZ

Quote from: I BLEED ORANGE on July 01, 2007, 05:54:04 pm
Oh we'll see you, and we'll be sure to send you a pick of us holding up that state title. All the lettering will be BIG so you can read it, Nashville Scrappers 2007 State Champions. That fact is inevitable, and if you get upset or get your feelings hurt just cause somebody posts something that you don't like doesn't give you the right to sink as low as to calling people "happy".  I know that fans from Warren and Nashville like to get on here poke fun at each other, but goin as low as you did is pothetic.  I personally expected more class out of yall.
[/quote/]

IF SOMEONE CAME AT YOU LIKE THAT I GUESS U WUDDA JUST DROPPED IT?!! NAW.... I DOUBT THAT BUT YEA ILL BE THE BIGGER MAN BY SAYIN SORRY BUT IM GOING TO SHOW YALL HOW MUCH I MEAN THAT IN LITTLE ROCK!!

I BLEED ORANGE

Naw, ur right, i woulda said something, but it wouldn't have been something like that and thats great that you got that confedence, ur gonna need it and yes yall can go ahead and get ur bags packed for Little Rock, I'll been doin the same thing, and when you step on that 50 yard line i'll been standin there with the rest of the Champs, goin toe to toe with yall, it won't be hard to miss me, and after we win i'll come on over and shake your hand like a real champ does, and there won't be any bashing or screaming in your face, just a simply "heck of a game" and that'll be it, but untill then we'll jiber jaber bout how one or the other is going to smash the next opponent. Untill December big boy!......

the 3-PEAT has begun!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas