• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Church

Started by "SHOWKILLER", December 10, 2006, 11:22:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

"SHOWKILLER"

Transfered from Benton, goes 13-1 with Warren, makes almost every tackle for Warren in the Championship game, I don't think he ever came off the field, gets his heart ripped out by the refs then drives the bus home! This kid was a man beast and was from what I saw the heart and soul for Warren. Good luck to him, he has a bright future.

Always Friday

Aside from the fumbled punt, he did good. I give him my props on his performance.  ;D

Go Scraps  ;)

archaic

Church did a great job. I thought I'd throw in some tackling stats.

Church 7solo
Harris   5solo
Davis    5solo
Tatum  4 solo
Hardin  3 solo
Lambert 3solo
Martin   4 solo
Childs   2 solo
B. Harris 2 solo
Jones  3 solo
Wood  2 solo
Wright  2 solo
Lee    2 solo
Moore  1 solo

"SHOWKILLER"

Quote from: archaic on December 10, 2006, 11:30:06 am
Church did a great job. I thought I'd throw in some tackling stats.

Church 7solo
Harris   5solo
Davis    5solo
Tatum  4 solo
Hardin  3 solo
Lambert 3solo
Martin   4 solo
Childs   2 solo
B. Harris 2 solo
Jones  3 solo
Wood  2 solo
Wright  2 solo
Lee    2 solo
Moore  1 solo

What about assists? I know I seen him on many plays come in and finish the play!

archaic

Oh yeah............I've got those too.

Church  12
Harris    10
Davis     10
Tatum    3
Hardin   4
Lambert 2
Childs     2
B.Harris  2
Wood     1
Wright    1
Curry      1

jackfan1™

Quote from: SHOWKILLER on December 10, 2006, 11:22:19 am
Transfered from Benton, goes 13-1 with Warren, makes almost every tackle for Warren in the Championship game, I don't think he ever came off the field, gets his heart ripped out by the refs then drives the bus home! This kid was a man beast and was from what I saw the heart and soul for Warren. Good luck to him, he has a bright future.

He drove the bus? ???
Whattt?
I know it is off the hot topic of the sorry call but what do you mean with this?

The Train

Quote from: Scrapper Pride on December 10, 2006, 11:28:36 am
Aside from the fumbled punt, he did good. I give him my props on his performance.  ;D

Go Scraps  ;)

The fumbled punt wasn't quite his fault...a bad snap was to blame on that.  I thought he was about to take off with the ball, and pick up a first down. haha.  Then, when I saw his leg get twisted up, I thought he was done, but the hoss just got up and went back to dominating...  Good job Warren, great season...I didn't see a knee hit the turf.  Congrats from a Clinton player...that was an awsome game to watch.

"SHOWKILLER"

Quote from: jackfan1 on December 10, 2006, 01:57:41 pm

He drove the bus? ???
Whattt?
I know it is off the hot topic of the sorry call but what do you mean with this?

Church was a dominate factor, he did EVERYTHING, including driving the bus home!haha!
Get it? Church never left the field, he played guard, he played d-tackle, he punted, he kicked off, he kicked the extra points, he lead his team in tackles and lead his team in assists, what else was left to do but drive the bus home!
If you can't tell, I'm pointing out how much this kid impressed me!

jackfan1™

Quote from: SHOWKILLER on December 10, 2006, 06:33:53 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on December 10, 2006, 01:57:41 pm

He drove the bus? ???
Whattt?

Church was a dominate factor, he did EVERYTHING, including driving the bus home!haha!
Get it? Church never left the field, he played guard, he played d-tackle, he punted, he kicked off, he kicked the extra points, he lead his team in tackles and lead his team in assists, what else was left to do but drive the bus home!
If you can't tell, I'm pointing out how much this kid impressed me!

LOL, can you tell I think "literally"?  ;)
I was wondering when he got his CDL to drive a school bus.
I know he is a great asset to the team and I betcha' if he needed to drive the bus, he would do that as well.
Thanks for clearing that up for me........ ;D

bigblock

who did chruch dominate looked to me like he was getting dominated by nashvilles line. yeah ill admit he was good at coming off of blocks after being blown back. but i didnt see him dominate any one on nashvilles o-line.

seark66

Quote from: bigblock on December 10, 2006, 09:40:34 pm
who did chruch dominate looked to me like he was getting dominated by nashvilles line. yeah ill admit he was good at coming off of blocks after being blown back. but i didnt see him dominate any one on nashvilles o-line.

He made play, after play, after play.

What exactly did 'lil Graham do to deserve any kind of award?

panther_pride

I guess this is number 71... That kid is a hoss... He should be going to Arkansas to do kickoffs.

Orange rush

lil grahm only anchored a offensive line that was responsible for almost 400 rushing yards...that's total dominiation. They had two 85 plus yard drives with passing the ball once in those drives.  I do agree that 71 was a beast, but he didnt dominate anyone on the o-line

#1 STUNNA

graham is a real good kicker, he deserves the award over #2 and #6

JD_Will

Church isn't even anywhere in the same league as Woods. Taylor is the heart of the D. Church is just big and makes a play every 15 plays and gets up like he crushed the guy when all he did was sling them down, IF he can do that! The stats a not correct. If a guy is getting traped every play and runs to where the pile is, IT'S NOT A TACKLE!!! Woods, Martin, And #42 are the three best on Warrens D.

Orange rush

stunna...

where you even at the game? grahm got the lineman award....news flash, 2 and 6 don't play on either line.

dc24

Quote from: JD_Will on December 10, 2006, 10:23:44 pm
Church isn't even anywhere in the same league as Woods. Taylor is the heart of the D. Church is just big and makes a play every 15 plays and gets up like he crushed the guy when all he did was sling them down, IF he can do that! The stats a not correct. If a guy is getting traped every play and runs to where the pile is, IT'S NOT A TACKLE!!! Woods, Martin, And #42 are the three best on Warrens D.

I agree with most of that but Antwain Harris, MLB #31, is the best player on D with Kris Tatum near the top as well.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Orange rush on December 10, 2006, 10:33:58 pm
stunna...

where you even at the game? grahm got the lineman award....news flash, 2 and 6 don't play on either line.

no, he got mvp of the game

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2006, 11:18:48 pm
Quote from: Orange rush on December 10, 2006, 10:33:58 pm
stunna...

no, he got mvp of the game

NO! he got lineman award... not MVP, Deshawn got the MVP

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

seark66

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2006, 11:18:48 pmno, he got mvp of the game

Little Graham won the Burlsworth Award for Nashville. Bryan won it for Warren.

#1 STUNNA

i have never heard of a lineman award at the state championship game

joe

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2006, 11:22:08 pm

Thats because there isn't one.  The Burlsworth award is just another "mvp" type award.  It can be anybody.

seark66

December 10, 2006, 11:40:25 pm #22 Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:42:40 pm by seark66
Quote from: joe on December 10, 2006, 11:39:24 pm
Thats because there isn't one.  The Burlsworth award is just another "mvp" type award.  It can be anybody.

I've never seen a non-lineman win it. Matt Garrett (OL-ATU) won it for Moorilton last year. Chris Boatright (OL-Harding) and Kadem Ray (OL-UCA) won it in the 3A title game last year, as a C and DL/OL respectively.

scrapperLB42

The Burlsworth award IS a LINEMAN award, Thank you; Not mvp of a game!

joe

Quote from: scrapperLB42 on December 26, 2006, 01:00:54 pm

The Burlsworth award IS a LINEMAN award, Thank you; Not mvp of a game!

Well, then why do QBs and running backs etc. win the Burlsworth award all through the season? 

seark66

Quote from: joe on December 27, 2006, 02:35:26 amWell, then why do QBs and running backs etc. win the Burlsworth award all through the season?

I don't know anything about a Burlsworth award throughout the season. Harrison may give one out as their "Player of the Game" or something. In championship play, the Burlsworth Award is given to both team's outstanding lineman.

Moondog

The Burlsworth award is a sportsmanship award. The coach decides before the game who he wants honored on his team, and he tells the AAA, who inform the announcer at the game. It is decided well in advance. It is not another MVP award, nor is it specified only to linemen. Anyone can win the award. The MVP award is voted on by the media present at the game. Ballots are handed out after halftime, and most of the time the ballots are collected well before the game is over.

CIG13

I know he was the ADG 4-A Def Player of the Year, but I wonder why he did not make the ADG All Arkansas Team? Some of Doug Crise's selections are right on the money, and then some you just shake your head.

Jimbo Morphis

will he play college ball? i know he could play at a small school if he wanted.

Moondog

Heard he's going to OBU.

seark66

Quote from: Moondog on December 28, 2006, 10:28:56 am
Heard he's going to OBU.

Yep, as far as I know he's an OBU commit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas