• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SUBIACO @ BOONEVILLE

Started by "SHOWKILLER", September 24, 2006, 09:07:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

"SHOWKILLER"

Finally a home game!!!
Have gotton over the hump? Or are we even there yet? Subi shut out the lack luster pirates and have a little confidence. I have a good feeling that the Cats will CLICK this week and win big! Our line will be the key!

CAT D BACK1

Our goal this week is no penalities which will mean MERCY for Subi!!!

Bearcat Hottie

Well congrats on the win over Clarksville...and lets just move on and get better...good luck to Booneville and Subi!

GO CATS!

waddle_10

i think this one is obvious and congrats on win over clarksville

Legend

Booneville finally gets the monkey of their back and blows out Subi. 42-10

Yak

Booneville...............Tradition. Enough said

rattlerbacker08

Booneville is a good team as usual they just need to get into their rythme.  they are a young team as far as playing goes, but the skill is there.

bearcat1983

Looking forward to playing at home.Booneville wins against Subiaco.I'll say 21 points.

bearcat1983

I can see Booneville winning the next four,which will put them 5-3 if that holds.Dardenelle will have put that Ozark game behind them by this time.It won't be easy for the Bearcats but being at home will be an advantage for us.
Ozark,will always give us a game at Bearcat Staduim and this game may be the conference  Championship decider.

AF&B

im glad boonevill broke their losing streak i have them going 6-4 losing to Dardanelle...

joemama271

i think we are just getting warmed up so i think we will go 7-3 this year and cant wait til week 10

EddiesMustache

It's great that Booneville is on the winning track.  However, it's hard to believe that this team can finish the season with 7 straight wins.  They are a playoff team, and they will compete with anyone.

hoghigh

They did win - good job.  Still falling way short of abilities.  They have all kinds of strength, size, agility and determination.  Yet, they lack consistency.  The running backs run like they need to conserve energy for some other job.  The q-b takes to long on hand offs or pulls to slowly, either way, it kills us.  The mental mistakes stop our progress - you can't win when you are in the red zone and get a personnel for 15 yards and it is now 2nd and 20.  The line needs to make the holes and the backs need to hit them hard - HARD!!!  To many times we were in the 5 and held with no score.  It is the decision of this team whether they play after 10 games or if they hang them up the night of Ozark.  The motivation is there but it must be applied properly.  They must decide.

Billy Bob

Team Stats:

Booneville Bearcats (1-3, 1-0)
     Week 1- Lost to Mena 21-14
     Week 2- Lost to Morrilton 28-20
     Week 3- Lost to Harrison 27-15
     Week 4- Beat Clarksville 12-0

Points Forced: 61
       Points Allowed: 76
       Average Points Per Game: 15.25
       Average Points Allowed Per Game: 19

***They have been outscored by their opponents 76-61 this season.

Subiaco Trojans (1-2, 1-0)
     Week 1- Lost to Ola 21-0
     Week 2- Lost to Lamar 28-27
     Week 3- OPEN
     Week 4- Beat Dove 27-0

Points Forced: 54
       Points Allowed: 49
       Average Points Per Game: 18
       Average Points Allowed Per Game: 16.3

***They have outscored their opponents 54-49 this season.

-------The Booneville offense struggled against a tough Clarksville defense last week, not scoring until 5 minutes left in the game. They do not seem to be as big, fast, or as strong as what we are used to seeing coming out of Booneville. They had a tough non-conference schedule that most teams in this conference would not of like to have had. They played AAAAA Morrilton close in week 2. I think they will do just fine this week. Subiaco is a mystery to me. I do not know much about them. Lamar is now 4-0 after beating a tough Atkins team in week 4, and Subiaco played them close...losing by only 1 point. Their game this week will tell me a lot more about them. Booneville wins this one by 10 (or more).

My Pick:

Booneville- 31
         Subiaco- 21     

transplant

Bearcat91

thank you hoghigh for saying what needs to be said-however when I said it I was attacked and ridiculed by a few posters for just relaying what I had personally seen on the field-Its the truth and sometimes people dont want to hear that,I m glad other are seeing these things besides me and I hope you dont get treatment I did for voicing my opinons.Go cats ,get better every week and the wins will come-7-3 is yours you just have to TAKE it from whoever is NEXT!No one thinks this is Booneville they are playing so hit them in the mouth every play til they know-That was the Booneville Bearcats we just played and they are pretty good again!!!All for one forall Bearcats all the way!!!!

hillbilly

Wow, I just now realized that Ola beat Subiaco by 3 TD's. It was in the 1st week, granted...but Ola hasn't won a game and has been outscored 103-13 since then. Maybe I am thinking too much of the Trojans...Bearcats by 24.

donkeyfan

Time to dust off the old mercy rule.  Cats by 35+.

Billy Bob

Quote from: Donkeyfan on September 27, 2006, 11:08:05 pm
Time to dust off the old mercy rule.  Cats by 35+.

I hope you're right...but the Bearcats would've had to improved a lot on offense this past week for that to happen.

donkeyfan

I just think that now we've seen the first win, the smell of blood will wake up the beast.

Billy Bob

Quote from: Donkeyfan on September 28, 2006, 10:06:35 pm
I just think that now we've seen the first win, the smell of blood will wake up the beast.

It worked for Ozark, after beating Paris....everything just came together.

hoghigh

Quote from: Rudy on September 28, 2006, 10:08:29 pm
Quote from: Donkeyfan on September 28, 2006, 10:06:35 pm

It worked for Ozark, after beating Paris....everything just came together.

Did it actually come together or did the competition level decrease?  The win over Dardanelle was impressive.  But was D-nelle as good as advertised?   Keep working on the execution and the technique, you are not 100% - maybe 78%.

hillbilly

I don't really know, I think we are coming together. In week 1 we came out and led the Charleston game the whole way until about 2 minutes were left, but Charleston has fallen off a little bit since then. Farmington came out and just did anything they wanted which I think was a big wake up call to everyone on our team, and they have executed very well since then. It may be a little of both, but I think the loss at home to Farmington was a good thing for this football team.

shotgunbilly3215

B-town by atleast 2 TD's.   Im pullin for more. Good Luck Cats!

mudturtle

Does anyone know what happened to Guetz? Haven't seen him around for a month and it isn't like him to miss football season.

mhs85grad

Booneville gets it rolling this week and takes its frustrations out Subiaco by a bunch. Mercy rule will probably be in effect for the second half kickoff.

final something like 48-12 as Booneville plays the subs most of the second half.

hoghigh

Quote from: mudturtle on September 29, 2006, 09:08:00 am
Does anyone know what happened to Guetz? Haven't seen him around for a month and it isn't like him to miss football season.

I've locked him in his room.  He needs to study so he can be an engineer.  I will tell him you asked.

rattler06

Bearcats by 21... B-town gets back on track and cruises to week 10 for a Battle of the Purple and Gold for the Crown... GO BILLIES AND BEARCATS!

BEARCAT_60

Quote from: RATTLER_12 on September 26, 2006, 04:34:33 pm
im glad boonevill broke their losing streak i have them going 6-4 losing to Dardanelle...
we may have broke our losing streak but we aint gonna start losin again.

"SHOWKILLER"

Congratulations to the Cats! Good to see the 2nd and 3rd string get some playing time. Let's get focused, we have alot still to prove.
Hoghigh says it best, "NEXT"!

bearcat1983

Great game Bearcats.The crowd disappointed me a bit by not hollering "Go Cats Go" and "defense" when Booneville needed it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas