• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weight program during season

Started by $aintMaximu$, October 29, 2015, 08:23:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GHS_08

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 01:12:06 pm
Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 01:07:53 pm
My biggest weakness is squats. My legs can hold the weight but it tears my neck and shoulders up

Does your gym have a hack squat?

Mine does. I can't seem to do squats with correct form. When I go down lean forward to much and I'm not sure how to correct it. So I've resorted to hack squats.

Legend

No. Small gym in Ozark. I do leg press machine 45 min straight on leg days and then step outs

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 02, 2015, 01:18:12 pm
My biggest weakness is squats. My legs can hold the weight but it tears my neck and shoulders up

Mine does. I can't seem to do squats with correct form. When I go down lean forward to much and I'm not sure how to correct it. So I've resorted to hack squats.

Your hips aren't opening up allowing everything to sink down like it needs too.  Stretch!

$aintMaximu$

Sometimes it's the upper back and core need to catch up.. Also a good pair of shoes and a belt help...  You can always take a step back and go super light and focus on form... Also front squats and overhead squats can develop the core muscles to help improve the back squat.. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 01:25:57 pm

Sometimes it's the upper back and core need to catch up.. Also a good pair of shoes and a belt help...  You can always take a step back and go super light and focus on form... Also front squats and overhead squats can develop the core muscles to help improve the back squat..

Front squats are mainly gonna hit the front of the legs.  No hamstring.  Hams may be too tight also.  My form gets better the heavier the weight. I prefer no shoes, or the toe shoes for squat.  Push hard through the heels.  You will see a lot of folks with bad form that are pushing with the balls of their feet instead of their heels.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 02, 2015, 01:28:35 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 01:25:57 pm

Front squats are mainly gonna hit the front of the legs.  No hamstring.  Hams may be too tight also.  My form gets better the heavier the weight. I prefer no shoes, or the toe shoes for squat.  Push hard through the heels.  You will see a lot of folks with bad form that are pushing with the balls of their feet instead of their heels.

I like shoe with a heal...  You see people stepping back on plates but that's tough to do when the weight goes up...  At this point for me I feel best on a hack squat but not what I would recommend for anybody in high school or college playing football...

Jimbo Morphis

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Oldman on November 02, 2015, 01:31:26 pm
Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 01:11:02 pm
Yes I do. Why you sound so surpised oldman?
not, lol just bored.

We need somebody to derail a thread don't we... Where is Hillbillyforlife when you need him?

Legend

I cant even touch my shins much less my toes

Dragline

Bigger question does your GF have a dog or does she use a cane?

Legend

My GF works out. She def doesnt need a cane.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 02:09:25 pm
My GF works out. She def doesnt need a cane.

I think he was insinuating she was blind...  8)

WPWells

I think he was explaining that she has a dog!

Legend

I was explaining that she keeps me in line. No need for a dog or cane lol

Jimbo Morphis

November 02, 2015, 02:53:36 pm #64 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:04:07 pm by Oldman
who is on 1st and where is webb city?

Legend

Webb City is right across the river bridge from Ozark on HWY 23. Blink and your out of there.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 02:57:45 pm
Webb City is right across the river bridge from Ozark on HWY 23. Blink and your out of there.

Webb City doesn't have a Gold's Gym?

Marblehog

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 09:38:42 am
Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 09:32:43 am
Kids arent worried about their macros. You imagine how much stronger kids would be if they kept up with their macros and were in a great gym cycle?

They only focus is on protein... It seems like it has been that way forever..  When my oldest son graduated I had a group follow the program above (Samuel Harvill, Garrett Harper, Etc).  Saturday morning we always have 10-15 in the gym and they followed that program...  Every kid benched over 300 including the wide receivers...  The key was we had fun in the gym...  When they see results and see it quick they get hooked...
Harvill the dreaded bench more than you can squat.  Rule no.1 in football NEVER recruit a kid who benches more than he squats

Legend

I am trying to get it in the 2016 city budget for my city council but Theyd rather have a Mcdonalds

Marblehog

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 03:04:39 pm
I am trying to get it in the 2016 city budget for my city council but Theyd rather have a Mcdonalds
Mcdonalds will get them a lot more money

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Marblehog on November 02, 2015, 03:03:16 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 09:38:42 am
Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 09:32:43 am
Kids arent worried about their macros. You imagine how much stronger kids would be if they kept up with their macros and were in a great gym cycle?

They only focus is on protein... It seems like it has been that way forever..  When my oldest son graduated I had a group follow the program above (Samuel Harvill, Garrett Harper, Etc).  Saturday morning we always have 10-15 in the gym and they followed that program...  Every kid benched over 300 including the wide receivers...  The key was we had fun in the gym...  When they see results and see it quick they get hooked...
Harvill the dreaded bench more than you can squat.  Rule no.1 in football NEVER recruit a kid who benches more than he squats

I was trying to find some info on Harvill today... I couldn't find any stats on him at Pitt State...  Showed him as a SOPH on the roster...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 03:04:39 pm

I work out at World's Gym but I am the Mayor of Planet Fitness... Anytime you are in NWA you can work out at either... Just let me know...

Legend

Other places have Mcdonalds or Starbucks on Campus. Shiloh has Planet Fitness.

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 03:16:37 pm

:D ;D Hilarious

OLDSCHOOL82

Have none of you guys ever vacationed in Webb city?

Legend

WPWells

$aintMaximu$

Need a judgment free zone... We don't want anybody getting especially upset...   We even have a Mayor of Butthurtville...

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2015, 03:33:35 pm

Need a judgment free zone... We don't want anybody getting especially upset...   We even have a Mayor of Butthurtville...

Reporting for doodie, err, I mean duty

Legend

If he dont seek re election I might want to run!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas