• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne girls

Started by Brucewayne, April 21, 2015, 06:37:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucewayne

What happened at wynne?  Coach Howard was very successful at Bergman, I was looking for him to turn that program around.

Basketballfan13

It takes more than a year to turn around a program that is that down no matter how good of a coach you are.

Brucewayne

exactly!  Why get out after a year

4real

Wynne has had no talent for a while in girls.  His plan for retirement purposes might've made sense when he took that job, but i'm sure his competitive juices saw there was not gonna be a turn around there.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 21, 2015, 08:56:10 am
I agree, they need to hire someone who doesn't care about winning and just wants to work them hard to improve especially with the younger groups

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on April 21, 2015, 10:42:55 am
I agree, they need to hire someone who doesn't care about winning and just wants to work them hard to improve especially with the younger groups

Hire a Coach who doesn't care about winning?  I assume you mean one that realizes the need to develop talent in order to win. 

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 21, 2015, 11:19:40 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on April 21, 2015, 10:42:55 am

Hire a Coach who doesn't care about winning?  I assume you mean one that realizes the need to develop talent in order to win. 
Yes, in other words....don't go to wynne expecting to go from not winning a single conference game to competing for a state tournament birth the first couple of years. They need someone who is going to build a program and that takes time and patience.

Grond

Don't get too caught up in "talent". Last time I saw a coach leave after a year, it had NOTHING to do with player talent, and EVERYTHING to do with the political situation.

By "political situation", I mean that the Athletic Director says one thing to hire you, then the school board/principal throws down ANOTHER set of rules when you show up to the gym.

Then again, the coach may have left for that 'job he always wanted'.

Brucewayne

You've got a point.  I wonder what the real story is and if it will effect them in the next hire

RetiredBB

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on April 21, 2015, 07:07:48 am
It takes more than a year to turn around a program that is that down no matter how good of a coach you are.

I watched them play several times last year, and they had their moments where I saw improvement. They would get there heads down when they got behind and that was it.  The next coach has some work to do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Grond on April 22, 2015, 10:52:08 am
Don't get too caught up in "talent". Last time I saw a coach leave after a year, it had NOTHING to do with player talent, and EVERYTHING to do with the political situation.

By "political situation", I mean that the Athletic Director says one thing to hire you, then the school board/principal throws down ANOTHER set of rules when you show up to the gym.

Then again, the coach may have left for that 'job he always wanted'.

He left for Tiny 1A Bruno-Pyatt....I think the guy got homesick...

brock

Whats the word on this one? Any good candidates?

kleinjd

Bobby Harris hired as Head Girls Coach

Rulesman

Quote from: kleinjd on June 01, 2015, 10:15:10 pm
Bobby Harris hired as Head Girls Coach
Bobby Harris from Forrest City?

kleinjd

tmycjy

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 21, 2015, 06:37:10 am
What happened at wynne?  Coach Howard was very successful at Bergman, I was looking for him to turn that program around.

He did improved them team but the girls had lost so much from other coach that winning was not going to happen over night I think he was right on with how thing should have went he was spot on with what we had there

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas