• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

East vs Central Winner Prediction

Started by Basketballfan44, March 03, 2015, 03:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Basketballfan44

Although the Central conference has all the hype along with the well earned respect for Forrest City, Valley View has made a strong case so far to show they can compete with anyone. The dynamic duo of Alexander Gorton and Adam Horn fit perfectly around the lights out shooters of Matt Owens and Reed Fischbacher. The Valley View fort is held down with the lockdown D of Will White in the post with Colton Cliff adding vital rebounds and putbacks.

This team has proven the hype by finishing with only one loss in regular season (24-1) on a somewhat fluke buzzer beater by Forrest City. The players believe they can beat anybody and they have arguably the best momentum rolling into the state tournament after whooping the reigning 5A state champ on their own court. Valley View is the real freakin deal.

godeep

rjrose

I believe their out already aren't they.

godeep

LRRandy

Quote from: Basketballfan44 on March 03, 2015, 03:00:41 pm
Although the Central conference has all the hype along with the well earned respect for Forrest City, Valley View has made a strong case so far to show they can compete with anyone. The dynamic duo of Alexander Gorton and Adam Horn fit perfectly around the lights out shooters of Matt Owens and Reed Fischbacher. The Valley View fort is held down with the lockdown D of Will White in the post with Colton Cliff adding vital rebounds and putbacks.

This team has proven the hype by finishing with only one loss in regular season (24-1) on a somewhat fluke buzzer beater by Forrest City. The players believe they can beat anybody and they have arguably the best momentum rolling into the state tournament after whooping the reigning 5A state champ on their own court. Valley View is the real freakin deal.
epic first post!!  Kinda funny though.

Ponca

Quote from: LRRandy on March 03, 2015, 08:38:12 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan44 on March 03, 2015, 03:00:41 pm

epic first post!!  Kinda funny though.

this!

I bought the VV hype hook, line and sinker. My bracket is officially shot.

Complete Biased PoV

Dragon77

Was Fair a 6A team last year ? I think Jonesboro played them in the state tournament at JHS last year ? I have a good memory, but it is really short... VV has most of their players returning next year, so they will regroup, and try again.   

Complete Biased PoV

You are correct, Fair was in fact 6A last year.

Burks

March 03, 2015, 09:04:44 pm #9 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:47:22 pm by Burks
Other than the 6A South, the 5A Central is the toughest basketball conference in the State. I would not be surprised if it's a complete sweep by the Central.

Dragon77

I am pulling for coach Cooper, but would be glad to see Hot Springs and Vilonia do well. 

woods

One thing about FC they won't be intimidated!!!! VV was scared of the big school.

Titan Spirit

Quote from: woods on March 03, 2015, 09:24:16 pm
One thing about FC they won't be intimidated!!!! VV was scared of the big school.

Jacksonville and FC know each other well thru the years have had some really good games. This one seems to be be no different.

woods

Titan so sad Lofton won't be a part of it.

think

Quote from: Burks on March 03, 2015, 09:04:44 pm
Other than the 6A South, the 5A Central is the toughest basketball conference in the State. I would not be surprised if it's a complete sweep by the Central.

Probably have to add the 7A West in the conversation as well, but I agree the 5A Central is very tough this year. It's the most competitive for sure. That conference has 2 of the Top players in the State in AJ from McClellan and Korita from PA.

Titan Spirit

Quote from: woods on March 04, 2015, 08:32:32 am
Titan so sad Lofton won't be a part of it.

I know. Hope he is doing well...I remember back when Forrest City brought Kelson Stewart and Britt to jville.

godeep

Wilson(Jacksonville ) had same bad break. FC and Jacksonville always have had some great battles.

Grond

"He's dead, Jim..."  :-X  :'(  (Old Star Trek quote)

For Boys basketball, it seemed like the 2014 5A East teams each had at least one 6'-5" player, and good height overall (compared to previous years).

But the sad truth is that the 2015 5A East IS down this year, in height. If we aren't hitting 3's, there is no Plan B, especially for Paragould and Forrest City.

Valley View did not 'luck' into first place; they were the best team in 5A East. And there is a real chance for an 0-4 start for the East.

I'm hoping for a win................but "hope" is not a strategy.

godeep

March 04, 2015, 09:41:12 pm #18 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:17:11 am by godeep
VV won the conference but only 1seed to go home. Better beef up non-conference.

Burks

The Central is tough! PA, the 5th place team would have made a deep tourney run. To make the State is a MAJOR accomplishment in this conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas