• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf v. Grass (Who has what?)

Started by green_machine, January 28, 2019, 09:10:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

green_machine

Doing a little research project...could you guys please help me out and fill me in on who has turf fields and who has grass.

Also, if your team has an indoor turf facility, please tell me how big it is.

Thanks guys!

POWERCAT PRIDE

Eldo has turf playing field. Grass practice field at the actual high school. Indoor facility with turf, not sure of size, but smaller than regulation field. Now this is all classified info so don't tell anyone.  :-X

RiverRunner02

Russellville has a turf field that was installed in 2010 I believe. The new indoor facililty has an indoor turf field that is about 60 yards. The indoor facility was build on what used to be a grass practice field that was really only used during the off season and spring practice sparingly while soccer was still playing.

Pr8hd

GW had field turf installed initially back in 2006, replaced/updated in 2015. Indoor facility is 50-60 yards. GW also has a grass practice field (the former site of the HS stadium adjacent to it all),but not utilized really except for some track/field events and the grade school football program for practices not sure if the 7th or 8th grade use it all or not anymore as well. Most practice on the turf. 

boogercat

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 03:53:49 pm
Eldo has turf playing field. Grass practice field at the actual high school. Indoor facility with turf, not sure of size, but smaller than regulation field. Now this is all classified info so don't tell anyone.  :-X

The one at Barton is 60 yards. It was known as the Scooter Dome

ArkansasSportsFan

Jonesboro has indoor turf.. I believe it's about 50 yards?.. Has a weight room in the second floor, locker room on the first floor.. Maybe about a 1 minute walk from the actual field.

zebrafan

February 12, 2019, 03:17:41 pm #6 Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:19:46 pm by zebrafan
Pine Bluff has turf I think the Zs installed it in 2011/2012 🤔. Also have a 40 yard indoor facility with turf. Weight room upstairs and locker rooms downstairs with the coaches offices. Also a grass practice field next to the indoor facility (rarely do they use it)

WHITEchicken

Smackover has grass until october every year then they have mud.

Bomber_Believer

ricepig

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 12, 2019, 10:12:56 am
Jonesboro has indoor turf.. I believe it's about 50 yards?.. Has a weight room in the second floor, locker room on the first floor.. Maybe about a 1 minute walk from the actual field.

Yeah, but it's not regulation wide, which means if you want to "spread the field" out, you have to go crossways.

friscokid

Thought I read in the Dem Gaz that now that Little Rock has turf, everyone 5A and up has turf stadiums now.

CageMonsterNWA

HBHS and Springdale High have turf and 50-yd indoor facilities.

HeberFan

Grass is getting more popular all the time... and legal in more states than ever.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas