• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrappers 40 game winning streak

Started by hawgfan15, September 10, 2015, 09:31:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

The Scrappers won their 40th game in a row tonight against the Prescott Curley Wolves 42-6.

They will look to make it 41 in a row next Thursday against Hope.

Ventman

OLDSCHOOL82

Is that the Jr high program as a whole I supect?  Or, the 9th grade group has never lost?

~WPS~

Jr. High as a whole. Haven't lost since 2010.

OLDSCHOOL82

This is not meant to be negative in any way.  I know a lot of things change from Jr high to Sr High.  With that being said, Is there a specific reason why that hasn't carried over in to Sr High?  With the exception of this year.

~WPS~

That's a puzzle I've tried to solve for years. The reason why varies year to year. Last year we just had a bad matchup in the playoffs against Dardanelle. Our team wasn't built to beat a team like that. Back in 2012 we had the best offense statistically that Nashville has ever had but the defense wasn't championship quality. Like you said Jr high success doesn't always translate to Sr high. In JH you can have a few good athletes and win. In SH you have to have a full team.

Legend

There is a lot of teams who can say that about their programs. Ozark is one of them. They have success in JR High and it hardly ever carries over.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Legend on October 08, 2015, 05:42:47 am
There is a lot of teams who can say that about their programs. Ozark is one of them. They have success in JR High and it hardly ever carries over.

Except in the case of the JV squad.

Legend

I'm not allowed to use the Ozark JVs name in vein anymore. I got booted out!

Beardad

I think a Jr. High program is a good predictor of the future of the high school program.  Just based off wins and losses, you're looking at the big picture from an outside perspective.  I think the reason it doesn't always carry over is based on numerous variables including
1: Does the Jr run the exact playbook as the HS?
2: Head coach change/ program consistency from year to year
3: Player development
4: Move ins/move outs/quitters

People inside the program could give you a better prediction based on players they know that need some weightroom, players that might do better at another position, players that are leaving, etc.

I'll say that IF the head coach stays the same, let's say a span of 10 years.  When a Jr high team goes undefeated, it's a safe bet that when those kids are Jrs and Srs, the varsity team will have a winning record and a shot at a playoff berth.  And if a Jr High class comes through that is horrible, the varsity will have a squad that isn't as good as they're used to.  But to be able to say "40 straight Jr High wins so we should have 5 consecutive state championships"....no way.

One more good point.  Generally a Jr High squad plays in the same general conference as the High school squad at the time without being able to play other teams in the state, and it doesn't help when you get to the Sr high and the conference is realigned with Greenwood and Pine Bluff being put in your conference....who also went undefeated in Jr high.

Legend

Didnt people a  make a big deal about De Witt jr high program years back?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas