• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 Booneville @ Ozark

Started by nastynice, August 30, 2015, 06:55:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Both of these teams will be facing their toughest opponent this year Thursday in Ozark. Ozark has a good group of kids in JR high but Booneville's 9th grade group is arguably the biggest, most talented group of kids to ever come through Booneville.
Will be an awesome game for a jr high game. What do you think?

Booneville        27
Ozark              13

OLDSCHOOL82

I think Ozark only has two posters.    Cats go in at half with a narrow lead and pull away in the second half.

x14113

I'm rather puzzled over this game being at the Cabin for a second straight year. I figured last year's favor would be returned without question.

With that said, I'm expecting a bit of a barnburner.  How the Bearcat defense handles Ozark's passing game will be key.

OLDSCHOOL82

We had to move it there last year due to the field re crowning and late sprigging of the grass.  It was the year of the rain and cool temps in August! 

gold45

I've seen Ozark and am well aware of what Booneville brings to the field....Not trying to take away from an above-average Ozark squad but I hope Booneville's 2nd string is in good shape.... cause they will be on the field by the end of the 3rd quarter. 

The Coach

Legend

Im going with Ozark sweeping the 7th and jr high tonite. Its crazy there is more hype about the jr high game than the hs game. This use to be the talk of the 4a board not too long ago and with the fall of Ozark program other than 2012 not much to brag about on our side. I expect a huge crowd tonite and one heck of a game. I honestly think whoever has the ball last will win

OLDSCHOOL82

This particular group of boys for Ozark and Booneville have always been very competitive and this is usually the toughest game of the year for each.  Jr cats take the win on this one.  7th grade..... will be a closer game but I have faith the little cats will pull through.

nastynice

I could be wrong, but I think this group is the only group to beat Ozark every year since 3rd grade. Besides that, Ozark hasn't lost to anyone else. Correct me OLDSCHOOL.

OLDSCHOOL82

I think your right nasty.  Any ozarkians want to chime in?  I know the 9th grade group at Ozark is loaded and I don't believe they have been beat much up to this point in their football careers.

Legend

the 7th grade group was 38-0 3rd-6th grade. The Jr high group i believe Booneville is the only team to beat them.

PrivateLesson

I'm going to go with The Bearcats.  Good luck to both teams.

x14113

Ozark 16
Booneville 0
7G Final

...Or is it?

OLDSCHOOL82

12-0 Booneville at half.  Good ball game.

x14113

The Coach

Ozark lost to Pottsville twice last year.

The Coach

Legend

Didnt get to catch the games last night. Was really hoping Ozark could pull it out but come up short. I seen it was 12-0 w 4 min left in teh game so Booneville really shut them out. Im guessing Ozarks score came on 2nd string

x14113

Nope--our lone score came on (what looked like) a keeper after almost taking the kickoff all the way.

It was confusing, though--nobody in the stands realized it happened!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: x14113 on September 04, 2015, 10:54:05 am
Nope--our lone score came on (what looked like) a keeper after almost taking the kickoff all the way.

It was confusing, though--nobody in the stands realized it happened!

Weird chain of events.  Flags and whistles blew the play dead but they allowed it to go.  Everyone thought the two pt was the td try. 

Legend

Could Ozark not get their offense going last night or was Boonevilles d that good

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas