• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

English Lesson

Started by Eagle fan #3, November 13, 2014, 05:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle fan #3

Pathic: noun 1. A catamite 2. A person that suffers, victim
Adjective 3. Of or relating to catamite 4. Of or relating to suffering

adaptedtigerfan

Ridiculous....1. A person who takes Everything with a truck bed sized piece of granite when they should take it with a grain of salt.  Syn... Eagle Fan#3

Why take everything so personal?  People have talked about my son on here for a long time now.  Just let it blow over and let them show it on the field.  If you would have been on the Booneville thread you would have seen a whole lot of talk.  Don't get upset and lash back I know it's hard but it's so much better.  A lot of people get on here and just try to stir up others...   I use to get just as worked up as you but the more I post I just laugh it off.    Good Luck to your son next season as I have heard rumor of him being the starter for next season. 

Eagle fan #3

Thank you for the good luck! I have went through MANY of years of having to hear everything was my son's fault as he was the QB for a sub-par program but took all the heat and I honestly try to blow a lot of it off just haven't mastered it yet! Maybe it's because I know how hard both my boys are on themselves so I get defensive. It's a fault but I'm trying to get better.....I've seen first hand what words can do to a player, my oldest has gone from being a top 5 QB in his conference to thinking he isn't good enough to touch a ball, even tho several colleges were wanting him to play. I don't wanna watch that type destruction again and probably why I get so defensive. And yes I know it's part of the game to be able to brush idle opinions off just feel like at 14 that may be easier said then done.

BigMan15

Eagle you know what my family has to go through....people are gonna hate no matter what some out of anger some out of jealously....We will let our kids prove it on the field just as adpated has had to do this last couple of weeks prior to the boonville game...and sometimes even if a kid does well they still wont get the respect they deserve but if urs mine or anyone elses kid is good enough to play on the next level then recruiters will find them....Best of luck to both of yall kids in the future...

SR30

I'm learning if you have a truly talented son who plays at a level above others in his class people are going to talk smack and try to downgrade their ability no matter what position they play..my son is one of these and he always has to prove himself

SteveWill

As a parent it is extremely difficult to hear people criticize your child. But for those of you that do have to deal with it you and your child should feel proud that they are good enough to invoke jealousy in others.
  It could be worse as a parent with a child that is unfortunately for him not blessed with talent or much athleticism. It is much worse to watch your child game after game hoping and praying that this game he will get to play and then see the disappointment in his face when the clock runs out.
  As a parent be proud tell your son to be proud he could be that unnoticed forgotten number standing on the sideline. Believe me when I say it is heartbreaking to watch when you know how much he loves the game.

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: SteveWill on November 21, 2014, 12:35:01 pm
As a parent it is extremely difficult to hear people criticize your child. But for those of you that do have to deal with it you and your child should feel proud that they are good enough to invoke jealousy in others.
  It could be worse as a parent with a child that is unfortunately for him not blessed with talent or much athleticism. It is much worse to watch your child game after game hoping and praying that this game he will get to play and then see the disappointment in his face when the clock runs out.
  As a parent be proud tell your son to be proud he could be that unnoticed forgotten number standing on the sideline. Believe me when I say it is heartbreaking to watch when you know how much he loves the game.
It's stories like this that have pushed my oldest son to make coaching his career. Best wishes to you and your son. Hopefully he will get his opportunity to do what he loves, encourage him to NEVER GIVE UP if it's something he loves and remember even Michael Jordan was once the unnoticed forgotten number :)

SteveWill

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on November 23, 2014, 02:39:12 am
Quote from: SteveWill on November 21, 2014, 12:35:01 pm
It's stories like this that have pushed my oldest son to make coaching his career. Best wishes to you and your son. Hopefully he will get his opportunity to do what he loves, encourage him to NEVER GIVE UP if it's something he loves and remember even Michael Jordan was once the unnoticed forgotten number :)

Thanks eagle fan I wish I would have continued on and said I am proud of my son in the fact that thru everything he has not givin up hope. The experience has made him more determined to work harder it shows me hope in the kind of man he will be to not quit when things are hard and continue on in the face of adversity. Neither he nor I harbor any animosity for the players or coaches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas