• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 JH 2014

Started by x14113, August 09, 2014, 02:39:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

Looks like this will be a six-team affair the next two seasons. Who will be favored to win this fall?

(BTW, I assume Baptist and Robinson are in the Metro league? How exactly does that work?)

Chief_Osceola™

I'm not exactly sure how the Metro League works, but I think it's just made up of teams in the Little Rock area.  There is also a River CIty conference or something like that and is made up of some of the surrounding schools like Maumelle, Jacksonville, Sylvan Hills, and I think maybe Watson Chapel. I don't know who else but they do things differently in Pulaski County with regard to conferences.

x14113

I just found AB's schedule, and their freshmen will be in RCC play this year.

As for Ozark, they're supposed to go to Booneville tonight, but the Hillbillies will be the hosts instead. I wonder what's going on at Bearcat Stadium...

x14113

A nail biter to start the season.

Booneville 20
Ozark 14

Let's see how we bounce back next week.

OLDSCHOOL82

X14113,  the field remodel was so sprigged late due to all the rain and then the cool August and July has made the grass grow slow.  They wanted it to have one more week of growth before the first game on it.

x14113

Great response at first road game.

Ozark 22
Clarksville 12

And it wasn't even that close.

apache_alum_90

Last week Pottsville played Ar Baptist and won 36-6 if I remember right. And tonight we played Pulaski Robinson and ended in a 28-28 tie. Started off Pottsville with a 12 point lead in 1st qt and went to halftime PR 28- Pottsville 12. Came back after half and it was all Pottsville.

x14113

Wrapping up the nonconference slate on a good note.

Ozark 35
Waldron 0

x14113

Add to that a good start to conference play.

Ozark 28
Clinton 6

Also, 7G is undefeated at this point.

x14113

Halfway in, and it feels empty...

Ozark 34
FS Trinity 8

What happened to the Buffs? I remember when they were a tough out year after year.

OLDSCHOOL82

That's been 20 years ago.

x14113

Wow, not a word about last week? Not even the Apache fans were crowing...

Oh, well...on to tonight's final...

Ozark 21
Dardanelle 11

x14113

A solid performance in our road finale...!

Ozark 24
Dover 0

Cats73

Quote from: x14113 on October 23, 2014, 11:34:50 pm
A solid performance in our road finale...!

Ozark 24
Dover 0
Being one of the many attendees of the Booneville - Ozark JH game, I saw just how good you guys are(Junior High anyway :P) Staying completely honest, though who in your conference could honestly beat you at this point?

x14113

Pottsville, I'd imagine.

I never heard a score from either side when they played two weeks ago (assuming they did), but I wouldn't be surprised if the Apaches prevailed in that one.

I'll know more for sure when I watch the rematch in person next week.

Cats73

Quote from: x14113 on October 25, 2014, 09:55:00 pm
Pottsville, I'd imagine.

I never heard a score from either side when they played two weeks ago (assuming they did), but I wouldn't be surprised if the Apaches prevailed in that one.

Well, I was at the scrimmage between Booneville(Play there) and Pottsville, and I wasn't impressed by the apaches.

Cats73

Well, to be fair Lavaca wasn't any good at the scrimmage either. But, they surprised us with their offense the first quarter when we got in a real game. However, that didn't last long.

The Coach

Quote from: x14113 on October 25, 2014, 09:55:00 pm
Pottsville, I'd imagine.

Pottsville won the first game 6-0

OLDSCHOOL82

Cats73,  Booneville didn't scrimmage lavace.  Only Pottsville.  Lavace looked good.  X,  ozark should roll Pottsville.

Cats73

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 26, 2014, 12:37:01 am
Cats73,  Booneville didn't scrimmage lavace.  Only Pottsville.  Lavace looked good.  X,  ozark should roll Pottsville.
Well, they were scrimmaging Pottsville. However, Lavaca hosted it. Lavaca got to play both in sessions. However, our second string offense scored on their first defense the very first play they were put against each other.

TC2

Pottsville won the first game 6-0, which was the conference game. Pottsville claimed at least a share of conference title with the win over Trinity last week, and can own it outright with a win over Clinton next week.

The Coach

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 26, 2014, 12:37:01 am
ozark should roll Pottsville.

But they didn't. Matter of fact Pottsvilles defense completely shut Ozark down in the First game.

x14113

The rematch was a bit more open...

Pottsville 22
Ozark 19

This will an interesting series to watch the next few years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas