• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo62

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 13, 2012, 10:25:16 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:24:13 am
Legends vs Leaders

I hate anything that sounds Big 10--  sorry
lol..........you guys are tough!  I deserved that one. :-[         

How about  David beats Goliath again....

7AFBFAN

Where is Anderson going? I hope he has some great offers. He sure makes his presence known on the field.

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:38:56 am
Legends vs Leaders

I know I don't get an official vote but what about "Master Bait's Classic"  He went to Greenwood and now is a well known Rebel.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 13, 2012, 10:42:27 am
Legends vs Leaders

I know I don't get an official vote but what about "Master Bait's Classic"  He went to Greenwood and now is a well known Rebel.

I love it!!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:43:44 am
Legends vs Leaders

I love it!!!!

Wouldn't you love to hear the guys on TV anounce that game, Can you imagine what the trophy would look like!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 13, 2012, 10:45:50 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:43:44 am
Legends vs Leaders

I love it!!!!

Wouldn't you love to hear the guys on TV anounce that game, Can you imagine what the trophy would look like!

ESPN really should consider this game but I like TT's announcing and from what I have heard Bait's really good too.  So let them be on TV.
As for the trophy.........I am still stuck on Big 10 images ;D

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:48:34 am

Wait. Let me get this straight.

Our little female poster friend with the religious signature line just combined:
1) BillyO's Master Bait's Classic, with
2) A Big Ten "image" trophy?

Did I see that right?

No more kid glove treatment for you...

DogsWin7

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 13, 2012, 10:52:39 am

Our little female poster friend with the religious signature line just combined:

Did I see that right?

Earl,  I did not even think about that,  honest.   BillyO just told me he hated anything that sounded Big 10 earlier and letting the game be on TV.  It just brought up trophy images then of the Big 10 College Games on ESPN.    That's all....

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 13, 2012, 03:35:06 am
Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 01:01:49 am
I've got some Greenwood gear stuffed in the back of my lingerie drawer that I might still fit in.....I may take you up on that offer....what time do you boys get up there..??

5:55. I'll see if our counselor can get you an all access pass.

Ummm...

Not to crash your little man love party boys, but there will be some Fearless Friday royalty in attendance as well.

I require a fifth of Coke Zero and a bowl of black and gold M&M's along with my reserved indoor seating...

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 10:59:44 am

Did I see that right?

Earl,  I did not even think about that,  honest.   BillyO just told me he hated anything that sounded Big 10 earlier and letting the game be on TV.  It just brought up trophy images then of the Big 10 College Games on ESPN.    That's all....

Posts like that rarely slip by the Earl

Earl is my Hero!!

Umm hmmm...

Sure. I believe you...

Baitshop

Did I see that right?

Not to worry DieHard.....Earl works all angle's and takes no prisoners....when it's your week on his radar, there are no rules.....his best FF buddy happens to be a Southside fan.....he is the ultimate FF mercenary....

BUT, he's always good for a free porterhouse before the game....so we all still hang around with him

DogsWin7

I'm learning a very good and valuable lesson today....    Besides I'll admit that I am not perfect.

You must remember I was not on here last football season so, I am wondering how relentless bragging rights are and how long they last depending on who wins.....?

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 11:11:40 am
I'm learning a very good and valuable lesson today....    Besides I'll admit that I am not perfect.

You must remember I was not on here last football season so, I am wondering how relentless bragging rights are and how long they last depending on who wins.....?

It's the big Boy 7A board, it can be brutal at times...  we don't get on here to paint.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 11:11:40 am

The key is win or lose, you still claim the bragging rights...

Coach Venny Slocombe

RD™

Baitshop

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on October 13, 2012, 12:12:06 pm
do I have enough credentials to be up here?

Who do you think I started this thread for....??

What took you so long to get here....??

It's PARTY WEEK...!!

urhog

Since we have a bye week and our "other" entertainment has been temporarily detained, I'm gonna see if DP will stream The Pixie-Dixie Bowl on the Jumbotron in the Purpleworm Snakepit for all twenty of the Purple fans in the stands. Everything is Jumbo in the Snakepit.   ;)

7AFBFAN

I am just wondering if the GW players, coaches, and fans will be able to hold up with the magnitude of this game. SS see's it almost on a yearly basis against one of the big three - Bentonville, Fayetteville, Harber. I would be surprised if GW has ever played on a stage like they will on Friday night against a real team. Going to be so much fun!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 13, 2012, 01:02:39 pm
I am just wondering if the GW players, coaches, and fans will be able to hold up with the magnitude of this game. SS see's it almost on a yearly basis against one of the big three - Bentonville, Fayetteville, Harber. I would be surprised if GW has ever played on a stage like they will on Friday night against a real team. Going to be so much fun!!!

Greenwood hasn't played a Good team yet this year, doesn't mean they can't win the game but Southside will be a step up from anything they have seen so far this year.

7AFBFAN

Big Foot

Everyone on FF is right Greenwood doesn't stand a chance in this game or next weeks game, I think we should just forfit the next two games and hope Russellville will take it easy on us so that we can
at least field a team for the watered down 7a jr state playoffs.

Baitshop

Quote from: Big Foot on October 13, 2012, 01:22:00 pm
Everyone on FF is right Greenwood doesn't stand a chance in this game or next weeks game, I think we should just forfit the next two games and hope Russellville will take it easy on us so that we can

My point exactly....

7AFBFAN

GW has a chance if SS shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers. Stats are still out there from 2006 for proof. 4 unforced turnovers. Otherwise a forfeit would be best. And I wouldn't forfeit against Conway just so you guys can see their band as they are one of the best I have seen. Football game will not be as much fun to watch.

DogsWin7

Did you say Band?   Well count me in!   I love watching the Battle of the Bands!  x14113 has all the contest listed on the music forum...

7AFBFAN

Sorry  but the battle of the bands with Conway will end up much like the football game. They are truly a joy to watch. I just hope SS get's week one off from playoffs so I can go watch Conway play and see their band again.

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 13, 2012, 01:25:05 pm
GW has a chance if SS shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers. Stats are still out there from 2006 for proof. 4 unforced turnovers. Otherwise a forfeit would be best. And I wouldn't forfeit against Conway just so you guys can see their band as they are one of the best I have seen. Football game will not be as much fun to watch.

They do have a good band, I remember when they came to J'boro three years ago, big numbers. We had to bring im temp bleachers for the band, I remember our concession Mom thinging we'd make a killing om drinks and such, they brought their own.   ???  I bet next year we just cram them into the visitors bleachers and check their coolers, haha.

DogsWin7

Do you think if we went ahead and forfeited to Russellville that Valley would let us have a discounted plane ride?......

Is it too late to order runner-up...runner-up rings or do you think bigshot has some stashed somewhere?.....

7AFBFAN

Bigshot is too disgruntled to share his runner up runner up rings. You might contact Rogers and see if you can borrow some of their floats from the almost state champions parade. I think GW has a chance against Russellville though.

B. Kirk

At least you're catching on quicker than the El Do fans.

DogsWin7

I don't know......I think that if we have a shot against Russellville we will have at least a small shot against the Reb's.  At least it will be good practice...........and if Rogers wanted to let us borrow their floats for a big GW beat SS parade I have no problem with it....

DogsWin7

I'll take that small chance with Rick Jones and Company....

Big Foot

Quote from: B. Kirk on October 13, 2012, 01:45:33 pm

That's because we are smarter than the El DODo fans! ;D ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: Big Foot on October 13, 2012, 02:34:24 pm
Quote from: B. Kirk on October 13, 2012, 01:45:33 pm

That's because we are smarter than the El DODo fans! ;D ;D

Like that means much!  ;)

Dogs78

Greenwood does not lose this week. Everyone knows that Southside is an average (at best) 7A football team. But... I do understand that beating Greenwood would be the highlight of the Rebel season. I mean, I don't see them winning state or anything.  ;D

Baitshop

Average 7A team > 5A champion....

The Big Blue Bubble gets burst on Friday OCTOBER 12, 2012...

Billyo62

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 13, 2012, 02:44:33 pm
Greenwood does not lose this week. Everyone knows that Southside is an average (at best) 7A football team. But... I do understand that beating Greenwood would be the highlight of the Rebel season. I mean, I don't see them winning state or anything.  ;D

You Dogs need to enjoy that big win over Alma, and hope no one gets banged up to bad against Southside.

DogsWin7

Ya, The Rebel Blue color is already faded out anyway won't take much to let all the air out.....

Big Foot

Heck the only way SS could win a Conf Championship was to take them out of the 7a west.
Now they can be the big bad boys of the Central conf, big challenge!!   ;D ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 02:53:30 pm
Ya, The Rebel Blue color is already faded out anyway won't take much to let all the air out.....

It's the bag of Magic Dixie Dust that they only use on teams they really want to be disappointed!  Trust me on this, they have been saving it up for this game..

Billyo62

Quote from: Big Foot on October 13, 2012, 03:02:05 pm
Heck the only way SS could win a Conf Championship was to take them out of the 7a west.

Dat be true, but they are knock off artists in the playoffs.

7AFBFAN

Shock and awe Friday night. You GW boys can bad mouth and belittle all you want but it won't do any good against a real team. You are hearing SS is down or are you seeing it on the field? Counting on week 1-3? Just curious.

Baitshop

Quote from: Big Foot on October 13, 2012, 03:02:05 pm

And yet, when they thump Greenwood..??..??  What does that say about all of those Championship Trophy's that you boys have.....

Tainted..??..??

RD™

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 01:27:22 pm
Did you say Band?   Well count me in!   I love watching the Battle of the Bands!  x14113 has all the contest listed on the music forum...

Greenwood's band hasn't battled jack since ole Uncle Hawg graduated.

7AFBFAN

RD, Conway's is something special. I hope they get to bring it. I did hear GW asked another school not to bring their band.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas