• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABCA Girls Coach of the Year

Started by Sports Loser, April 23, 2019, 08:37:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Loser

Just saw where Squires from Wonderview won this award.  Wow kind of surprised I thought he only coached 10 games or so.  Seems that coaches like Trey Berry that coaches all year and I believe was a 4 seed in district that went to state finals seemed to of got the shaft.  But what do I know?  Coach Richey get a share?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sports Loser on April 23, 2019, 08:37:50 am
Just saw where Squires from Wonderview won this award.  Wow kind of surprised I thought he only coached 10 games or so.  Seems that coaches like Trey Berry that coaches all year and I believe was a 4 seed in district that went to state finals seemed to of got the shaft.  But what do I know?  Coach Richey get a share?

I thought the same thing when I seen squires won it

Bigleague

Incredible. What about Jeff Lewis at jasper. He does an outstanding job

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Pappa thinks the award should be split three ways. 83 percent of the credit should go to Jeremy Simmons, 12 percent to coach richey, and 8 percent to squeiers. Also credit to that woman who hollers and points at the referees every game.

Sports Loser

I thought Coach Hicks from Emerson did a great job.  Lots of coaches that coached their teams more than 23 days did a great job.  Wasn't Wonderview picked all year to win the Championship?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sports Loser on April 23, 2019, 10:28:51 am
I thought Coach Hicks from Emerson did a great job.  Lots of coaches that coached their teams more than 23 days did a great job.  Wasn't Wonderview picked all year to win the Championship?

Took over the #1 team and defending champs, recognized as a coach of the year

Sports Loser

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 23, 2019, 10:48:45 am
Took over the #1 team and defending champs, recognized as a coach of the year
Very shady how that all went down also. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Sports Loser on April 23, 2019, 11:32:42 am
Sack is patiently waiting on someone to ask Sack what he thinks about this! Sack promises to give only poignant and succinct synopsis on this subject!! Sack is terribly appalled but will expound if asked!! Patiently waiting but y'all hurry the heck up

Bigleague

Honestly, I would love to hear what ole sack thinks about this?

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on April 23, 2019, 12:25:17 pm
If that's a query Bigtimer Sack will expound just as soon as Sack gets the hypoamorphicator replaces on the stove I mean grill!!

Sports Loser

Quote from: Bigleague on April 23, 2019, 12:25:17 pm
I have hit refresh over and over can't wait to see Sacks take on the matter

SackAttack

April 23, 2019, 09:18:47 pm #11 Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:44:42 pm by SackAttack
Quote from: Sports Loser on April 23, 2019, 05:20:05 pm
I have hit refresh over and over can't wait to see Sacks take on the matter
Well quite honestly there Loser in All Sports Sack just doesn't know what to make of these developments which is rare and doesn't happen very often either!! Sack can't seem to find out much about this fledgling wanna be the AAAA organization but can't pull it off! Sacks research developments conducted through numerous phone calls texts and such deduced that the ABCA is a Low Seed outfit kinda like Jerry's Place! Zero credibility like lots of posters imposters and blank rosters if you know what I mean!! Secondly Sack got to witness Jerry Squires boys play twice I believe and Sack is one that is easily impressed (see Mrs Sack) but was not impressed with his boys!! So Sack spent the afternoon smoking and pondering! Then it hit Sack like a double frito chili pie if Squires has coached those boys since forever and only had the girls for I believe the methametrics was 9-10 games why wasn't he the Boys Coach of the year also! Seems way reasonable to Sack! Coach em all year long and get bounced in first round of district by our Eagles Coach the girls for 9 games and get accoladed!! Is Sack the only person flummoxed and bamboozled not to mention jillflirted and back swirled by these developments!! Boys do the old Charlie Brown waa waa waa and get out the dodgeballs and the girls get em some jewerry! Sack wonders why not just make Jerry the girls coach for doing such a pheronomenal job and hire a boys coach of equal talent! Sack thinks that this ABCA low rent outfit woulda had much more credibility if they had named Squires Coach of the Month and named someone that coached ALL YEAR as coach of the year! Sack has a PHD in common sense like no other before him or yet to come! Coach for 28 days = Coach of the Month 365 days Coach of the Year! It's easy like Mrs Sack back in the 10th grade!! Allow Sack the luxury of some more pondering! Round two imminent on that frito chili pie! Hope everybody had a Sacktastic Easter!! All y'all gotta do is ask!!

Bigleague

Nice post sack. That was sacktacular! The Arkansas bad coaches association needs to get their act together

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on April 24, 2019, 08:37:08 am
Nice post sack. That was sacktacular! The Arkansas bad coaches association needs to get their act together
Sack likes it Bigtimer!! ABCA forever known now as Arkansas Bad Coaches Association! Minimum wage outfit!! Sack ain't liking that double chili onion frito pie this morning though! Double hallopenos didn't help!! Sack predicts that ABCA will name 12 outstanding coaches! One for each month! Call it flavor of the month! June's winner announced after the Edgemont Edgers team camp! Full schedule!!

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on April 23, 2019, 11:32:42 am
Perhaps someone will shed the truth on what happened someday.

croboostbusted

It's not really a mystery. Right or wrong, agree or disagree. Whatever team wins state that coach gets "coach of the year" for that classification.

DB

The jealousy is dripping off of this thread. 

Being able to coach a team through a district, regional and state tournament bracket is a pretty phenomenal feat.  This was his peers that voted on this.  Not media or message board fans.  His peers understand what it takes to accomplish what he did. 

I'm a bit surprised that a guy that promotes and hypes himself as being pretty brilliant as sackattack does, isn't able to come to the same conclusion.  No matter what your personal feelings are toward the guy, he did pretty dang good job at coaching this team to a state championship. 

SackAttack

Quote from: DB on April 28, 2019, 08:38:59 pm

Being able to coach a team through a district, regional and state tournament bracket is a pretty phenomenal feat.  This was his peers that voted on this.  Not media or message board fans.  His peers understand what it takes to accomplish what he did. 

I'm a bit surprised that a guy that promotes and hypes himself as being pretty brilliant as sackattack does, isn't able to come to the same conclusion.  No matter what your personal feelings are toward the guy, he did pretty dang good job at coaching this team to a state championship.
Sack was named meat slinger of the month one time by the ARMSA! Upper management vote Sack was quite honored! Not a Low Seed outfit at all! Does Morrilton have a Sonic?? Never heard of it and wouldn't be jealous and take all credit!! Very High Seed IQ like not most other people! Circumstances bro all about the circumstances not the actual event!!

riccoar

Quote from: DB on April 28, 2019, 08:38:59 pm

Jealousy?  Come on, if he was so awesome how come the Boys team didn't make State?  How did they lose to a Westside team that was a tick over .500?

That Girls team could have been coached by a mannequin.  So a guy that coached 9 or 10 games out of coach that won 9 or 10 games out of 40 deserves to be named COY?

BS.  It should have been a coach that put in the complete body of work from off-season thru State.

Bigleague

Quote from: riccoar on April 29, 2019, 06:39:24 am
Jealousy?  Come on, if he was so awesome how come the Boys team didn't make State?  How did they lose to a Westside team that was a tick over .500?

That Girls team could have been coached by a mannequin.  So a guy that coached 9 or 10 games out of coach that won 9 or 10 games out of 40 deserves to be named COY?

BS.  It should have been a coach that put in the complete body of work from off-season thru State.

+1.  I seldom agree with you riccoar, but you are spot on

SackAttack

Sack would like to personally invite Riccoar down to the Sonic for a Bosses Big Sack on the house! Park anywhere you want! Sack agrees with Bigleague which ain't too often or unselfconscious either that Riccoar is spot on! ARBCA is a government cheese group with no validity or importance either not like ARMSA!! Newspaper said Jerry was on a mission from God guess that makes shadiness ok in Hattyville!! PawPaw Sack always said Sack if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it's probably a duck! If bigleague Riccoar or somebody can help Sack with that one Sack would be obliged!!

DB

Quote from: SackAttack on April 28, 2019, 10:11:05 pm
Sack was named meat slinger of the month one time by the ARMSA! Upper management vote Sack was quite honored! Not a Low Seed outfit at all! Does Morrilton have a Sonic?? Never heard of it and wouldn't be jealous and take all credit!! Very High Seed IQ like not most other people! Circumstances bro all about the circumstances not the actual event!!

Honestly, do you ever read the things that you post?  It's like reading a Chinese road map. 

DB

Jealousy?

Yes!

Come on, if he was so awesome....

Pretty sure I did not say he was awesome.  Your words not mine.

That Girls team could have been coached by a mannequin. 

Honestly, IMO, for part of the year, they kind of were.

So a guy that coached 9 or 10 games out of coach that won 9 or 10 games out of 40 deserves to be named COY?

Deserves?  I can't answer that.  I doubt very seriously that it was anything political.  Did I miss something, I understood that the other high school coaches "voted" on this deal.  Maybe there is a complaint department you can talk to.

SackAttack

Quote from: DB on April 29, 2019, 03:46:35 pm
Honestly, do you ever read the things that you post?  It's like reading a Chinese road map.
Sack is so far over your head and out of your league!!
#1 seed—- Sack
#16 seed— DB

riccoar

Quote from: DB on April 29, 2019, 03:52:59 pm
Yes!

Pretty sure I did not say he was awesome.  Your words not mine.

Honestly, IMO, for part of the year, they kind of were.

Deserves?  I can't answer that.  I doubt very seriously that it was anything political.  Did I miss something, I understood that the other high school coaches "voted" on this deal.  Maybe there is a complaint department you can talk to.
That was not an argument for Richey, but he did do more than Squires.  It was to point out coaches like Berry at Rural Special who were the flip between them and Westside getting the 4th spot in the toughest conference in 1A Girls and then running through a bunch of great teams to get to the Finals.  Coaching like that deserves to be COY, not stepping in after a school runs a coach off to finish up what was bound to happen anyway.

DB

Quote from: SackAttack on April 29, 2019, 10:30:18 pm
#1 seed—- Sack
#16 seed— DB

#Yawnnnn

DB

Quote from: riccoar on April 30, 2019, 06:45:21 am
That was not an argument for Richey, but he did do more than Squires.  It was to point out coaches like Berry at Rural Special who were the flip between them and Westside getting the 4th spot in the toughest conference in 1A Girls and then running through a bunch of great teams to get to the Finals.  Coaching like that deserves to be COY, not stepping in after a school runs a coach off to finish up what was bound to happen anyway.

In my estimation, there is no questioning that what Rural Special did was, pardon the pun, special.  But again, it goes back to my original statement in this thread that this is all jealousy.  I'm not sure if that is jealousy for the program or the coach or maybe a little of both. 

As far as running off the coach, I understand that sentiment.  I also think that sentiment does add to the jealousy.  Richie is a good guy.  I suppose he needed a job and WV needed someone that could/would come to Conway county.  I understand that he did some things that were poor judgement and was asked to not do those things anymore.  I don't state that as a matter of fact.   

State championships are a rare yet precious commodity so to speak.  When you get the opportunity at one, you best not squander it.  It may be decades before you get another opportunity.  In all of it, the idea that someone "deserves" something is an entitlement mentality.  It's the everybody gets a trophy deal.  Personally, I prefer the idea that you earn what you get.  You earn losses just like you earn wins.  You earn A's the same as D's.  If I was your RS coach and they GAVE me the COY after finishing runner up, I think I would be embarrassed.  But that's just me.

riccoar

Quote from: DB on April 30, 2019, 07:01:23 am
In my estimation, there is no questioning that what Rural Special did was, pardon the pun, special.  But again, it goes back to my original statement in this thread that this is all jealousy.  I'm not sure if that is jealousy for the program or the coach or maybe a little of both. 

As far as running off the coach, I understand that sentiment.  I also think that sentiment does add to the jealousy.  Richie is a good guy.  I suppose he needed a job and WV needed someone that could/would come to Conway county.  I understand that he did some things that were poor judgment and was asked to not do those things anymore.  I don't state that as a matter of fact.   

State championships are a rare yet precious commodity so to speak.  When you get the opportunity at one, you best not squander it.  It may be decades before you get another opportunity.  In all of it, the idea that someone "deserves" something is an entitlement mentality.  It's the everybody gets a trophy deal.  Personally, I prefer the idea that you earn what you get.  You earn losses just like you earn wins.  You earn A's the same as D's.  If I was your RS coach and they GAVE me the COY after finishing runner up, I think I would be embarrassed.  But that's just me.
Richey got ran off on some BS because he wouldn't be a puppet.  To say "giving" Berry an award for the body of work they put in for a full season is laughable.  Nothing to be embarrassed about by beating Norfork and Alpena.  Having a hand in the underhandedness of removing a coach and then stepping in and claiming to be the architect of a 40 game season after only coaching 9-10 games, THAT is embarrassing.

Sports Loser

Quote from: SackAttack on April 29, 2019, 10:30:18 pm
#1 seed—- Sack
#16 seed— DB
Sack seems to be genius at times. 

SackAttack

Quote from: DB on April 30, 2019, 06:47:01 am
#Yawnnnn
Lets talk Morrilton football so DB can espouse his superiority! Couldn't win debates over there so he shows up on the 1A basketball board like the lonesome guy at closing time at the Old Bluebonnet!! Is that place still in business?? Sack frequented once Sack had funnnn if you know what I mean

DB

Quote from: riccoar on April 30, 2019, 08:03:22 am
Richey got ran off on some BS because he wouldn't be a puppet.  To say "giving" Berry an award for the body of work they put in for a full season is laughable.  Nothing to be embarrassed about by beating Norfork and Alpena.  Having a hand in the underhandedness of removing a coach and then stepping in and claiming to be the architect of a 40 game season after only coaching 9-10 games, THAT is embarrassing.

I guess I touched a nerve with you.  I think your anger has skewed your judgement and your reading ability.  Plus, me thinks ye live in a fantasy world where points are given for creative alternate facts.

DB

Quote from: SackAttack on April 30, 2019, 12:20:27 pm
Lets talk Morrilton football so DB can espouse his superiority! Couldn't win debates over there so he shows up on the 1A basketball board like the lonesome guy at closing time at the Old Bluebonnet!! Is that place still in business?? Sack frequented once Sack had funnnn if you know what I mean

#Lame

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas