• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep in state tournament

Started by eaglefan200, February 25, 2017, 09:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglefan200

Can anyone beat Baptist Prep? They beat #6 team in state (according to MaxPreps) by 29 last night and #2 team in state (MaxPreps) by 35 tonight. The starters did not play in the 4th quarter of either game. Vanover has returned from injury and is firing on all cylinders. McBride is playing lights out as well and is due a scholarship off from the Hogs soon. I'd say that the Eagles are the clear favorite to win the tournament.

LRRandy

Quote from: eaglefan200 on February 25, 2017, 09:00:08 pm
Can anyone beat Baptist Prep? They beat #6 team in state (according to MaxPreps) by 29 last night and #2 team in state (MaxPreps) by 35 tonight. The starters did not play in the 4th quarter of either game. Vanover has returned from injury and is firing on all cylinders. McBride is playing lights out as well and is due a scholarship off from the Hogs soon. I'd say that the Eagles are the clear favorite to win the tournament.
nobody can touch them if they continue to play at the rate they currently are. Coach Ross has them peaking at the right time.

Porka

Saw them three times over the course of the regional tournament.

It will take an injury or major foul issues to Vanover and/or McBride for anyone else to have a chance in the state tournament. This team is rolling.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: eaglefan200 on February 25, 2017, 09:00:08 pm

I have seen them play and I would say they are the favorites , but yes any given team can be beat on any given night

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 25, 2017, 11:04:46 pm
I have seen them play and I would say they are the favorites , but yes any given team can be beat on any given night
heres another cliche. A rolling stone gathers no moss.  ;D

3shooter

I've seen em play several times. It's going take some hot shooting and taking care of the ball to beat em. Especially if the refs don't let you put a finger on Connor. He's 7'3 and they use the reverse Shaq rule. Can't touch him. I wonder if they know at the next level he going get pushed of the block. They ain't doing him no favors by catering to him.

Ole Legend

I watched Baptist play in Bentonville at the beginning of the season. The big guy seemed to roam around the three point line a lot. The offense went through McBryde more than it did him.

The Great One

I know the saying anyone is beatable on a given night but seriously is prep beatable or is this a foregone conclusion? And how would a team pull off the upset?

~WPS~

Didn't Bauxite play Baptist into overtime a few weeks ago?

The Great One

Could a team like bauxite give them any problems if they win there first game?  I know they have played close twice.. I know the second time was without Conner not sure if he played the first time or not?

LRRandy

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 27, 2017, 06:30:54 pm
Didn't Bauxite play Baptist into overtime a few weeks ago?
point being?

~WPS~

Some of you act like they are the greatest team ever. Seems like they might not be unbeatable if Bauxite was able to play them that close. One bad game and they're headed home.

LRRandy

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 27, 2017, 06:43:16 pm
Some of you act like they are the greatest team ever. Seems like they might not be unbeatable if Bauxite was able to play them that close. One bad game and they're headed home.
I'm just gigging ya. I knew what you were saying. Bauxite did not however beat them. No team in the state of Arkansas has beaten them. 4A, 7A. No team from Arkansas.
   The clock has run in the 4th quarter in 5 of the 6 tournament games Baptist Prep has played this year. District and region, 5 mercy rule games. Teams are having trouble scoring against the smothering match up zone defense. Teams have averaged 35.3 points in the three regional games. Can they be beat? Sure. Anything is possible. I just don't think there is a team in 4A capable of getting it done. If there is, who would it be? 

LRRandy

Quote from: 3shooter on February 27, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
And it ended on a questionable call at half court
I'm seeing a trend here of referee blaming.

beach bum

The people that immediately blame the refs are the ones that think their team has not shot of beating them in the future.... I see it in youth sports with parents all the time.... "Well my kid can't ever beat that team so let's blame the refs instead"

LRRandy

Funny. Your accusations got deleted. And rightfully so.

3shooter

I was just saying if I wanted to point blame. I wouldn't point it at refs. 
And I say people only get offended bout truth. So ya getting offended bout refs just tells me ya know it too. I mean Jordan got catered to but he still a bad man.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: LRRandy on February 27, 2017, 06:56:32 pm
I'm just gigging ya. I knew what you were saying. Bauxite did not however beat them. No team in the state of Arkansas has beaten them. 4A, 7A. No team from Arkansas.
   The clock has run in the 4th quarter in 5 of the 6 tournament games Baptist Prep has played this year. District and region, 5 mercy rule games. Teams are having trouble scoring against the smothering match up zone defense. Teams have averaged 35.3 points in the three regional games. Can they be beat? Sure. Anything is possible. I just don't think there is a team in 4A capable of getting it done. If there is, who would it be?
It's about matchups on any given night. BP does seem to be the top dog but horrible things like injuries could always come into play and change the outcome of games. Nashville was given almost 70% chance of repeating as football champs but the matchup with Pea Ridge changed that outcome. Not saying Prep isn't the far better team in the tournament, just saying things could happen.

LRRandy

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on March 02, 2017, 10:08:21 am
It's about matchups on any given night. BP does seem to be the top dog but horrible things like injuries could always come into play and change the outcome of games. Nashville was given almost 70% chance of repeating as football champs but the matchup with Pea Ridge changed that outcome. Not saying Prep isn't the far better team in the tournament, just saying things could happen.
i agree. In the post you quoted I said they could lose. I just don't think they will. I'm looking forward to the games.

3shooter

Decided to make a trip to Nashville instead of goin to watch My Mills play.Was a good game earlier. And if ya was there. I know ya seen refs call a foul on a Bauxite kid boxing out Vanover( Afro kid that played lil 2nd half). Double dribble? Block called? 14-4 fouls 2nd half? Either way the Mcbride kid is for real. And Bauxite came storming back but Baptist kept their composure. That to me was basically the championship. No one else will be close. How Bauxite was 4 seed is a mystery. CONGRATS to Baptist.

LRRandy

No doubt Bauxite played hard. They challenged the Baptist Prep team the whole game. Looking forward to the next two games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas