• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A District Tournament

Started by BobKat, February 06, 2017, 09:41:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

AirWarren

Romeo

AirWarren

Jack1990

Anyone seen the Monticello/Dollarway Boys score?

SportsDad

JACKS controlled the game from the start... tight game until end of 3rd qtr... started to pull away midway thru the 4th then Dumas hit a few threes to make it close at the end... freshman point guard took over the game in the fourth quarter... Burkes was a monster on the boards.... a very complete game by the JACKS tonight

~WPS~

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on February 17, 2017, 09:21:18 pm
JACKS controlled the game from the start... tight game until end of 3rd qtr... started to pull away midway thru the 4th then Dumas hit a few threes to make it close at the end... freshman point guard took over the game in the fourth quarter... Burkes was a monster on the boards.... a very complete game by the JACKS tonight

The freshman guard is some athlete I hear.

Greatdane6

40-45 d way winning with 5:49 left 4th

Greatdane6

Greatdane6

Greatdane6

AirWarren

Warren vs Monticello.

8-4a championship.

Football school vs basketball school.

Billie Blue

Two great games for the championship star city girls vs Monticello girls maybe this will be the year that the mighty lady bulldogs lose their first conference game and the first year Monticello sr girls coach takes the conference tournament championship and in the boys game round 3 between Monticello and warren both games earlier this year were close with the billies winning them both hopefully we can keep it up

Greatdane6

Shhhhh don't tell warren that lol but Nawl AirWarren the sized of warren will be a problem for the Billies tomorrow

Bulldog92

Quote from: Billie Blue on February 17, 2017, 10:42:18 pm
Two great games for the championship star city girls vs Monticello girls maybe this will be the year that the mighty lady bulldogs lose their first conference game and the first year Monticello sr girls coach takes the conference tournament championship and in the boys game round 3 between Monticello and warren both games earlier this year were close with the billies winning them both hopefully we can keep it up
This is the District Tournament, conference games are during the regular season so the streak can't be broken today. SC vs Monticello girls should be a good game!!

SportsDad

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 17, 2017, 11:04:17 pm
Shhhhh don't tell warren that lol but Nawl AirWarren the sized of warren will be a problem for the Billies tomorrow
IF....if the refs let the game get physical, the advantage goes to Warren... if the game is called close, Monticello has the advantage. So far in the tourney, the refs have done a good job of letting the boys play and not calling every touch foul. Either way, expect another close game tonight.

Superjack45

Kind of funny that both teams are from the weak South, that has cracked me up I have been hearing how strong the North is but I guess that's why they play the game.

AirWarren

February 18, 2017, 11:32:35 am #68 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:34:53 am by AirWarren
Go jacks!

When is the last time Warren has won conference in basketball?

Am I wrong to assume the Bret smith team in 2003?

Billie Blue

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 18, 2017, 11:07:08 am
Kind of funny that both teams are from the weak South, that has cracked me up I have been hearing how strong the North is but I guess that's why they play the game.
I can't tell that the south is weak seeing that the two teams in the championship is from the south I was telling another fan to watch out for warren that they was going to upset Dumas and it happened but I look for warren to be real contenders this year and coming years in boys and girls with the youth they have and coming up

Romeo

Traditionally, Warren basketball teams have been athletic but lacked basketball IQ. Part of the problem is the large number of football players who switch over after the season. I've noticed that this year's team plays more fundamentally sound.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

This is a great bunch of kids, total opposites from last years players. From firsthand knowledge, they had almost no bball IQ. Ball reversal meant swapping dribbling hands and taking two step back. With Lassiter, he competes at everything he does, last years PG did not and Burks doesn't wait on the ball to come to him for rebounds where last years center had cement shoes and stone hands. Love to see good young men have success when they put the work in to get there.
Any broadcast of the game tonight? Was hoping to go see this game but got do some family stuff instead.

AirItOut21

SportsDad

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on February 18, 2017, 04:41:12 pm
This is a great bunch of kids, total opposites from last years players. From firsthand knowledge, they had almost no bball IQ. Ball reversal meant swapping dribbling hands and taking two step back. With Lassiter, he competes at everything he does, last years PG did not and Burks doesn't wait on the ball to come to him for rebounds where last years center had cement shoes and stone hands. Love to see good young men have success when they put the work in to get there.
Any broadcast of the game tonight? Was hoping to go see this game but got do some family stuff instead.
I think the chronicle will stream it...

Greatdane6

Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2017, 11:32:35 am
Go jacks!

When is the last time Warren has won conference in basketball?

Am I wrong to assume the Bret smith team in 2003?

Bret did started and they won the regionals back in 2000s as the 4th seed with Raymond Wardy and Bret was in the 9th beating Top seeded Fordyce in Fordyce then beat Drew Central and Eudora in the Championship that was I think the last team

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I only mentioned two kids in my last post, but I was giving a atta boy to the whole teams and coach. Makes me happy to see Warren being competitive in sports other than just football.

Bulldog92

End of 1st 10-6 SC girls over Monticello

Bulldog92

26-15 at the half SC girls over Monticello

Greatdane6

BIGGOAT60

Monticello girl player is Down situation seems severe prayers for her

Greatdane6

Monticello girl is ok at the time she was moving so they will run here to the Hospital here In  pine bluff ok keep her in your Prayers and she will be alright.

Bulldog92

Was told it was an asthma attack??

Bulldog92

Congrats to SC girls, 8-4A District Tournament Champions!!

Greatdane6

Halftime Boys 24-20 Warren Lumberjacks over Monticello Billies

Greatdane6

Greatdane6

Greatdane6

46-43 Jacks with 21 sec Monticello ball

Greatdane6

Upset in 8-4a 48-43 warren beat Monticello

AirWarren

Watch out 8-4A and 4A. Coach Nix about to have this team a dangerous one.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Hey now! Great job, Jacks! On to Nashville for some State play!!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Regionals I mean. Getting a little ahead of myself.

AirWarren

Warren finishes regular season play 19-11 by my count.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on February 18, 2017, 09:02:31 pm
Regionals I mean. Getting a little ahead of myself.

Win a few and yep, let's be state bound!

Superjack45

Man The Football town beat the Basketball town how funny is that. New kid on the block now Let's Get It Jacks. That one ref was absolutely terrible.

Romeo

I honestly can't remember the last time we won a district championship. As mentioned before, we made a surprise run in 2000 and won the regional tournament. We also won regionals in 2001. I'm not sure if we have won a district title, at least in the modern era.

STUNNA

redwolf99

Congrats to Coach Nix and his Lumberjacks!

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas