• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baptist @ Ozark

Started by WattsOzark, December 19, 2014, 08:53:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WattsOzark

Ozark girls 71-22
AB Boys 28-27
Good night of basketball.

BigMan15

what happened in this boys game...Ozark is a decent team i figured AB wouldve won by more..

CincyGuyintheFort

Both teams for whatever reason played at such a slow tempo, using 60-80 seconds a possession.  a reason why the AAA needs to implement a shotclock. I see 90% of the gyms are already set up with shot clocks.
but fourth quarter scoring in this game was AB 4 Ozark 2. It was all in all an entertaining game though.

Bearcat4life

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on December 27, 2014, 04:18:25 pm
Both teams for whatever reason played at such a slow tempo, using 60-80 seconds a possession.  a reason why the AAA needs to implement a shotclock. I see 90% of the gyms are already set up with shot clocks.
but fourth quarter scoring in this game was AB 4 Ozark 2. It was all in all an entertaining game though.

If it was an entertaining game, why do we need a shot clock?  I personally enjoy watching a good defensive game.  A low scoring game does not mean it was a bad game.

CincyGuyintheFort

I am all for a good defensive game. But standing and dribbling just past half court for 25-30 seconds isn't good defense, its sloooooow offense. I moved here from Ohio recently, we implemented a shot clock two years ago and wow it makes games that much better. And it also produces truer outcomes, it gives the better teams that much more of an advantage.

Bearcat4life

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on December 29, 2014, 08:02:27 am
I am all for a good defensive game. But standing and dribbling just past half court for 25-30 seconds isn't good defense, its sloooooow offense. I moved here from Ohio recently, we implemented a shot clock two years ago and wow it makes games that much better. And it also produces truer outcomes, it gives the better teams that much more of an advantage.

The better team should not need more of an advantage.  What it does is give more of an advantage to the better offense. 

I agree slow offense is not fun to watch, but low scoring is not always slow offense.

WattsOzark

Yeah, I agree.  Defense is half the game.  If one team wants to force the other to play defense for 45 seconds to wear them out for the offensive end... I say let them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas