• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Citzens bank Classic in Van Buren

Started by leaglebb, December 04, 2014, 11:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leaglebb

Huntsville plays LR Christian tonight at 4pm and I'm thinking about driving down to watch this game against two old 5A foes.  Does anyone know anything about what kind of team LRC has this year?  Record? I looked on their website earlier but not much there and nothing on max preps either.

leaglebb

Huntsville girls 60-46 over LR Christian

NEA Razorback olfan

congrats on the Win, good Luck in tourney , Brookland play Har-ber tomorrow night

jking7

Huntsville girls will be playing the Pointers in the title game Saturday at 6 just in case anyone wanted to make it out to that game. I should be able to post the score right after the game but if not I will first thing when I get home. If no one else has posted it.

leaglebb

Quote from: jking7 on December 05, 2014, 07:36:08 am
Huntsville girls will be playing the Pointers in the title game Saturday at 6 just in case anyone wanted to make it out to that game. I should be able to post the score right after the game but if not I will first thing when I get home. If no one else has posted it.

What was the score between Van Buren and Morrilton last night?

leaglebb

jking7

Quote from: leaglebb on December 05, 2014, 03:01:08 pm
Quote from: jking7 on December 05, 2014, 07:36:08 am

What was the score between Van Buren and Morrilton last night?
Van buren won that game 60-57 very fun game... And we are in the 7a/6a central as a 7a school.

leaglebb

Thanks for the info JKing7.  That 6A/7A thing is confusing.  It should be a very good game and I'm looking forward to watching it firsthand.

jking7

December 06, 2014, 09:39:58 am #8 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:41:51 am by jking7
Quote from: leaglebb on December 06, 2014, 04:43:55 am
Thanks for the info JKing7.  That 6A/7A thing is confusing.  It should be a very good game and I'm looking forward to watching it firsthand.

No problem!! And yeah the mixing of the 7a and 6a has always been kinda dumb.. Like when we beat 6a schools in conference games it does not count towards seeding..only beating the other 7a schools does.. So why put us with 6a schools in the first place.. Annoying but we deal with it lol.. And if you can make it out tonight your going to see a lot of great talent from all teams it should be very fun!

jking7

Huntsville defeats Van Buren 42-27. VB matched up bad on the inside this was the biggest reason Huntsville won they controlled the game in the paint.

leaglebb

Quote from: jking7 on December 06, 2014, 07:46:12 pm
Huntsville defeats Van Buren 42-27. VB matched up bad on the inside this was the biggest reason Huntsville won they controlled the game in the paint.

This is what I saw also.  Huntsville normally hits 7-10 three pointers a game and they were off tonight from the outside.  But, they were dominant on the inside game where they had 3 bigs to VB's 1.  Huntsville now has two W's over 7A teams and should have beaten Ozark with a big lead in 4th qtr but they just imploded over the last 5 min.  Huntsville play Farmington away this Tuesday after also playing in Morrilton on Monday night.  I don't know what dum-dum made that schedule, but they played a tough game against Rogers the night before they played Ozark and that didn't turn out well.  I predict a Farmington win at home in this one.

jking7

Huntsville was very impressive to me.. VB shoots better most nights then they did last night but like I said the biggest thing for VB that's keeping them from being great is the inside game.. Huntsville appears to have a very good inside game though.. Congrats on the win!

leaglebb

Huntsville plays 4A Pottsville tomorrow night in Morrilton.  I think this is some kind of tournament that's going to last all week.  I don't know anything about Pottsville except they're 6-0 and probably pretty good based on their record.  I won't be going to this game.  Too far for my 65 yrs.  This is very poor scheduling on our coaching staff to play a 6 hour road trip + game right before Farmington on Tuesday.  Anyone have any info on Pottsville to share?

leaglebb

December 09, 2014, 11:17:52 pm #13 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:42:56 pm by leaglebb
As predicted Huntsville goes down to Farmington 50-37.  This one lays squarely on the shoulders of whom ever scheduled a 6 hour road trip and game the night before this important game after coming off the Citizens Bank Tournament on Saturday.  The girls came out dead legged and never matched the intensity of Farmington and it was obvious they simply didn't have any gas in the tank.  They played very slow all night and for whatever reason were trying to force the ball inside and abandoned shooting from the outside which makes them one dimensional and very easy to defend.  These games are normally very close and competitive.  This one wasn't either.  Apparently the head coach of Huntsville has also forgotten that timeouts are there to be used when the team is struggling or experiencing adversity because he only called one all night.  My opinion after watching this one firsthand - Coaching fail.

Also, congratulations to the Farmington girls and coaching staff for being prepared and ready to bring it tonight.  They have a very good team and should represent the 5A very well.  Very good win and I was impressed with their team.

GobsRule

December 09, 2014, 11:39:35 pm #14 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:07:14 am by GobsRule
Quote from: leaglebb on December 09, 2014, 11:17:52 pm
As predicted Huntsville goes down to Farmington 50-37.  This one lays squarely on the shoulders of whom ever scheduled a 6 hour road trip and game the night before this important game after coming off the Citizens Bank Tournament on Saturday.  The girls came out dead legged and never matched the intensity of Farmington and it was obvious they simply didn't have any gas in the tank.  They played very slow all night and for whatever reason were trying to force the ball inside and abandoned shooting from the outside which makes them one dimensional and very easy to defend.  These games are normally very close and competitive.  Apparently the head coach of Huntsville has also forgotten that timeouts are there to be used when the team is struggling or experiencing adversity because he only called one all night.  My opinion after watching this one firsthand - Coaching fail.

Also, congratulations to the Farmington girls and coaching staff for being prepared and ready to bring it tonight.  They have a very good team and should represent the 5A very well.  Very good win and I was impressed with their team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas