• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Conference Standings

Started by ~WPS~, November 29, 2014, 12:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

I'm still missing the Waldron/Mena girls score from Saturday.

~WPS~

January 13, 2015, 09:34:15 pm #51 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:48:59 pm by Ballplayer1
1/13 Scores

Girls

Nashville 72
Ashdown 54

Bauxite 36
Fountain Lake 21

Mena 68
Arkadelphia 36

Malvern 46
Waldron 38

Boys

Ashdown 54
Nashville 36

Bauxite 51
Fountain Lake 48  OT

Arkadelphia 89
Mena 69

Malvern 48
Waldron 44

polksalet

STUNNA

I thought nashville was supposed to be good?

~WPS~

think

Looks like in boys it was Malvern over Waldron 48-44.

~WPS~

Original post with scores and standings now completely updated through 1/13 games.

hogfan10

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 14, 2015, 06:55:37 pm
Original post with scores and standings now completely updated through 1/13 games.

Ballplayer 1, is Arkadelphia at Fountain Lake on the 16th, or is FL at Arkadelphia?

~WPS~

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 14, 2015, 08:26:44 pm

Ballplayer 1, is Arkadelphia at Fountain Lake on the 16th, or is FL at Arkadelphia?

I checked and 1/16 is @ FL, 2/10 is @ Ark. It has been corrected. Thanks for catching that.

hogfan10

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 14, 2015, 09:09:52 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on January 14, 2015, 08:26:44 pm

I checked and 1/16 is @ FL, 2/10 is @ Ark. It has been corrected. Thanks for catching that.

Thanks; I saw in paper listed as being at FL, but on here listed as being at Arkadelphia. Was thinking about going, but wanted to make sure I went to
the right gym/town.

think

Boys
Bauxite over Waldron 70-59

Girls
Bauxite over Waldron 50-29

~WPS~

Boys
Malvern 39
Nashville 25

Girls
Nashville 68
Malvern 54

think

Looks like it was Fountain Lake over Arkadelphia 49-38 in boys.

hogdiggity

Ashdown girls beat Mena by about 20, don't remember the score.  The boys were ahed of Mena by 2oish at half when I left

~WPS~

1/16 Scores

Girls

Nashville 68
Malvern 54

Fountain Lake 42
Arkadelphia 28

Bauxite 50
Waldron 29

Ashdown 73
Mena 56

Boys

Malvern 39
Nashville 25

Fountain Lake 49
Arkadelphia 38

Bauxite 70
Waldron 59

Ashdown 67
Mena 46

~WPS~

January 20, 2015, 07:01:37 pm #65 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:55:13 pm by Ballplayer1
1/20 Scores

Girls

Nashville 66
Waldron 35

Bauxite 55
Arkadelphia 20

Ashdown 68
Fountain Lake 50

Boys

Nashville 64
Waldron 46

Bauxite 56
Arkadelphia 53

Ashdown 48
Fountain Lake 31

modder

Girls
Mena 55
Malvern 43

Boys
Malvern 62
Mena 56

~WPS~

Quote from: modder on January 20, 2015, 09:04:48 pm
Girls
Mena 55
Malvern 43

Boys
Malvern 62
Mena 56
Thanks! That girls score is a bit of a surprise

500 hitter

Mena was up by over 20 most of the game. Malvern got a little energy when the subs were in.

~WPS~

Big win for Mena. Interested to see how they do against Nashville and Ashdown the 2nd time around.

think

Anyone care to guess how the boys side is going to end up? Can't imagine a more competitive conference in the state this year.

~WPS~

I'll give a slight edge to Bauxite but it's going to be a log jam.

500 hitter

I have watched the Bauxite boys play a few times, I would say they are the front runners. It is a very even league, should be a photo finish.

think

Of the teams tied for first, it looks like Malvern has the best schedule the 2nd half and and Ashdown has the toughest. Some good matchups over the next 3 games though. You're right, should be a great finish.

FootBallar21

will Mena win a conference game ? on the boys side

~WPS~

January 23, 2015, 10:13:33 am #75 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:15:06 am by Ballplayer1
It doesn't look like it. They might could beat Waldron but there is a huge gap between Mena and everyone else. Anything is possible in high school basketball though.

~WPS~

Scrapper14

The conference is no doubt competitive but from what I have watched the top teams are not as good as last years with Arkadelphia Nashville and CAC but definitely more even teams I don't think these teams will make a run in the state tournament unless Madison from bauxite can carry the miners on a run

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

Malvern 45
Fountain Lake 38

Mena 49
Waldron 17

Ashdown 62
Arkadelphia 43

Boys

Malvern 32
Fountain Lake 25

Waldron 59
Mena 53

Arkadelphia 60
Ashdown 54

~WPS~

Standings updated through 1/23.

polksalet

l0l

noonerricky

Quote from: Scrapper14 on January 23, 2015, 07:42:19 pm
The conference is no doubt competitive but from what I have watched the top teams are not as good as last years with Arkadelphia Nashville and CAC but definitely more even teams I don't think these teams will make a run in the state tournament unless Madison from bauxite can carry the miners on a run

Madison is their best player but that team has a little bit more talent than meets the eye. They played without him here while back and almost beat Riverview which is the #2 team in 4A. Probably would have beat them with him

Scrapper14

The miners may have a chance but play definitely needs to pick up they barely slipped by a struggling Nashville team last night

~WPS~

January 24, 2015, 09:33:12 am #85 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:37:23 am by Ballplayer1
Bauxite's lack of size will hurt them in the post season and their 3 point shooting will have to carry them like it did last night.

centralarkansasbasketball

I think saying their "play" needs to pick up is not a good assessment. Every game in their conference is tough, especially on the road. Watch and see, Nashville will beat some teams at home during the second round of conf. Yes, I agree, they are undersized and could be a problem.

~WPS~

Yes Nashville is getting much better. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a winning record for the 2nd round of conference play.

Yes I agree. Nashville maybe the biggest team in 4A. It is hard to score on them when they play the zone defense they play. It's going to be down to the wire to see how this conference plays out.

think

Nashville probably has the most overall size. I believe Warren, AB, and Monticello have solid players with height.

Bauxite is a very difficult team to judge. They have enough talent to compete with anyone in 4a and when they're on they will be very tough to beat. The key to their success will be taking care of the ball and rebounding but I'm sure that can be said for several teams.

As for Madison, I haven't seen every team in 4a but I doubt there is a better player. Having the ability to give the ball to someone that can create his own shot is something most teams don't have. If they keep games close, he will often be the determining factor in the outcome. Will be interesting to see how they close out the season.

Malvern and Arkadelphia both had big wins last night as well.

Yes I agree. They are hard to judge. They have zero size but they are winning games. Also, from what I've seen and heard, they have different players that step up every game and their coach does a good job with them.

l0l

Not to mention sometimes it's just a bad matchup. Bauxite held the game around 10 for a large portion of it, then would allow turnovers. I'm not sure they ever lost the lead after it was 8-6. How long has #10 been back for Nashville? I think he had a broken hand?

~WPS~

He's been playing since the first of January. He's a good defensive player. Nashville just doesn't have any scorers other than Pettway. A couple of big men are starting to step up. With Hopkins this team could be pretty good.

l0l

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 24, 2015, 11:39:03 am
He's been playing since the first of January. He's a good defensive player. Nashville just doesn't have any scorers other than Pettway. A couple of big men are starting to step up. With Hopkins this team could be pretty good.

Personally think their slow it down style will benefit them more than the up-tempo. Nashville probably has the most athletic team in the conference, depends on how much they turn the ball over though.

~WPS~

Quote from: l0l on January 24, 2015, 12:19:53 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 24, 2015, 11:39:03 am

Personally think their slow it down style will benefit them more than the up-tempo. Nashville probably has the most athletic team in the conference, depends on how much they turn the ball over though.
I agree. Nashville is getting better. I've seen noticeable improvement over just the last week. We couldn't score more than 30 in 4 straight games. In the last week we put up 60+ on Waldron, beat a good Blevins team, and hung with Bauxite.

Scrapper14

Pettway scores a lot but he shoots it about every possession because no one else can besides Hopkins who was by far the stud on the team

l0l

Bauxite wins 38-36 on a last second tip in from Ben Madison.

~WPS~

January 27, 2015, 09:25:27 pm #97 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:29:22 pm by Ballplayer1
1/27 Scores

Boys

Nashville 54
Mena 42

Malvern 40
Arkadelphia 39

Bauxite 38
Ashdown 36

Fountain Lake 45
Waldron 44

Girls

Nashville 46
Mena 45

Malvern 57
Arkadelphia 39

Bauxite 61
Ashdown 48

Waldron 50
Fountain Lake 44

~WPS~

Standings updated through 1/27.

Shaping up to be an exciting finish in both boys and girls.

~WPS~

Big night in Nashville tomorrow. The new football coach gets introduced, Bret Bielema will be there (no he's not the new coach), and a couple of big games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas