• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A scores and comments

Started by OldTimeCager, November 21, 2014, 10:54:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeCager

Siloam Springs 52 Gravette 29. Didn't get to see the game. Gravette plays McDonald Co. On Monday and Farmington on Tuesday, both at home.

Any other conference scores and summaries.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge lost last night to Rogers 63-58. PR hit 8 three pointers in the second half.

channing

PG boys lost to Charleston 63-50.  The Ward kid from Charleston dropped 37 on them.  Pg boys still short handed without footballers hung tough but Ward took over late and put it away

4AWhistler

Hasbeen33PR

Quote from: channing on November 21, 2014, 11:50:52 am
PG boys lost to Charleston 63-50.  The Ward kid from Charleston dropped 37 on them.  Pg boys still short handed without footballers hung tough but Ward took over late and put it away
isn't Charleston without their footballers?

channing

Well duh ,C town still playing football but it won't matter much cause the Ward kid and there big kid is all they need to run through the 3A

leaglebb

Huntsville girls 54-28 over West Fork.
Boys also won big but I don't know the score.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge goes to Elkins tomorrow night. What other games are there this week?

channing

PG at Greenland tonight and PG at Rogers tomorrow night

4AWhistler

Quote from: channing on November 24, 2014, 04:43:05 pm
PG at Greenland tonight and PG at Rogers tomorrow night

Boys-  Lincoln 51  Greenland 46

channing

Can someone in the know tell me whats up with Prairie Grove boys ? went to game last night against Rogers High and they got destroyed!!!  but if Im correct 3 of their staters from last year were on the bench most of the night and  not starting , I guess football players? and I did hear that one had to sit out first half because of technical foul from game night before.  Anyone have any knowledge on that ?   

OldTimeCager

I saw that score and was surprised.  I'm guessing it has a lot to do with football players not yet suiting out.  Huntsville beat Rogers pretty handily and Pea Ridge played Rogers tough with a solid 4Q comeback according to reports I read.  Prairie Grove should complete for positions 3-5 in the conference with Lincoln Gentry and Shiloh.

oldballer

I saw where Lincoln and Gravette play each other in the Decatur tournament tonight. I think I will go check out how much Biggie's game has improved. I will be the 1st one to admit I am wrong if I am. If he is a true D 1 player he should show it tonight. The postings about Gravette on here lately haven't been to promising so I would guess Lincoln should beat them. More to come.....

channing

I think Biggie is a very good player on a good team. He isnt the take over a game type of player.  But he is good enough to hang 24 a night in the 1-4A

4AWhistler

Lincoln up by 9 at half.  Scoring is spread out evenly.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 02:28:04 pm
I think Biggie is a very good player on a good team. He isnt the take over a game type of player.  But he is good enough to hang 24 a night in the 1-4A

Biggie is absolutely NOT a D-1 player. He might make a D-2 player in 3-4 years.

4AWhistler

Quote from: OldTimeCager on December 04, 2014, 06:10:37 pm
Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 02:28:04 pm

Biggie is absolutely NOT a D-1 player. He might make a D-2 player in 3-4 years.

Don't think you've ever seen anyone claim that.

4AWhistler

December 04, 2014, 06:58:43 pm #17 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:15:52 pm by 4AWhistler
Lincoln lost by 2.  Have to give it to Gravette;  they made almost every free throw in the 4th.

OldTimeCager

Final Gravette 52 Lincoln 50. Lincoln went to sleep in second half. Comeback started with Lincoln up 12 and Gravette sat all 5 starters. Subs went on wild comeback to cut it to 3. Starters came back early 4th and sealed the deal late.

4AWhistler

December 04, 2014, 07:05:10 pm #19 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:17:09 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: OldTimeCager on December 04, 2014, 07:01:07 pm
Final Gravette 52 Lincoln 50. Lincoln went to sleep in second half. Comeback started with Lincoln up 12 and Gravette sat all 5 starters. Subs went on wild comeback to cut it to 3. Starters came back early 4th and sealed the deal late.

Lincoln was up by 9 at the end of the 3rd and lost the 4th quarter only.  But it's the final score that goes in the books.  Free throws and tight defense got Gravette back in it during the 4th.

oldballer

I made it to the game tonight and since you didn't ask let me put my .02 cents in. Biggie is a good player, but I don't see him on the D 1 level. Mid level D II or NAIA probably. I don't think he got a shot off in the 1st quarter. Gravette's 5'8 guards kept knocking the ball out of his hands when he would try to shoot. Anyway enough of the Biggie analysis. I wish him the best and whoever is giving him advice needs to be honest and realistic. Back to the game. Very exciting and entertaining game between 2 mediocre teams. If Lincoln didn't have Biggie and Gravette didn't have #33 neither team would have any size nor much talent. These 2 were clearly the 2 best on their respective teams. I don't remember the Gravette kid missing a single shot and he probably scored 15-16 points. These 2 teams will absolutely be in the 3-8 spot and maybe the 5-8 in conference. Time will tell. That's why you play the games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas