• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Girls

Started by PASS, November 06, 2014, 10:28:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG_K

What is the Pottsville Girls Record this year?

WattsOzark

Is anyone going to Ozark-Pottsville tomorrow night?

hogsnout

January 09, 2015, 02:05:24 pm #52 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:34:10 pm by hogsnout
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 05, 2015, 08:14:04 am
Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 05, 2015, 07:33:20 am
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 04, 2015, 09:45:38 pm
Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 04, 2015, 07:56:49 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 02, 2015, 05:09:12 pm
Things just got harder for Dardanelle.
Little birdie tells me the starting point guard, who was going to be suspended for up to 3 weeks, has decided to transfer in midseason.

Unless his family makes a legit move, and he is granted a hardship, he's done then.  Once you start a sport, you pretty much are ineligible to play anywhere else.  Lots of precedent on this type of thing.
Not in this case, arthur ... because of her (we are in 4A-4 girls) situation, she can transfer without making a move and it will be perfectly legal. She would be eligible immediately, but the parents' plan for her has changed for now for a different reason.

I thought you were talking about a boy (I guess I should have read the thread title closer, lol), and I'm not aware of any situation where a student can transfer (not legally move) and be eligible immediately.  Even in a co-custody situation, the student is only eligible to play in one district, dependent on where the student lives before Labor day.
You haven't seen a situation like this one before, arthur. I'm going to send you a PM about it.

SteveWill

Ozark SR Girls lead Pottsville at the half
20-19

SteveWill

Ozark girls pull away second half 52-38 final

hogsnout

Quote from: hogsnout on January 09, 2015, 02:05:24 pm
Little birdie tells me the starting point guard, who was going to be suspended for up to 3 weeks, has decided to transfer in midseason.

Unless his family makes a legit move, and he is granted a hardship, he's done then.  Once you start a sport, you pretty much are ineligible to play anywhere else.  Lots of precedent on this type of thing.
Not in this case, arthur ... because of her (we are in 4A-4 girls) situation, she can transfer without making a move and it will be perfectly legal. She would be eligible immediately, but the parents' plan for her has changed for now for a different reason.

I thought you were talking about a boy (I guess I should have read the thread title closer, lol), and I'm not aware of any situation where a student can transfer (not legally move) and be eligible immediately.  Even in a co-custody situation, the student is only eligible to play in one district, dependent on where the student lives before Labor day.
You haven't seen a situation like this one before, arthur. I'm going to send you a PM about it.

hogsnout

Quote from: hogsnout on January 09, 2015, 07:39:41 pm
Quote from: hogsnout on January 09, 2015, 02:05:24 pm

Just watched dardanelle without PG this team has a long season ahead lost by 25 heard girl was transferring to two rivers would like to see her at Pottsville lots of talent

WattsOzark

Any other scores from tonight?

HorseFeathers

Clinton 65 Dover 45....Hensley had 27 and Johnson had 18 both from Clinton

HorseFeathers

Baptist(I'm assuming, Twitter Post said Lady Eagles over Dardanalle) blew out Dardanelle tonight..

Tomahawk

Tomahawk

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 09, 2015, 10:31:59 pm
Quote from: WattsOzark on January 09, 2015, 08:05:32 pm
Any other scores from tonight?

Oops - sorry - didn't see it had already been posted.

Ozark over Pottsville 52-38

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Girls beat Clinton
50-34

PASS

AB girls over Robinson 49-44.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PASS on January 13, 2015, 10:30:42 pm
AB girls over Robinson 49-44.
Good win for the AB girls!!

Mascot1

Dover/Dardanelle score? Also anyone know standings as of now?

PASS

Quote from: Mascot1 on January 14, 2015, 08:25:00 am
AB girls are 2-2. Losses to Clinton & Ozark. Wins over Dardanelle & Robinson.

Rob Van Winkle

I heard the girls game was canceled due to a flu outbreak on the Dardanelle girls team.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on January 14, 2015, 01:05:20 pm
I heard the girls game was canceled due to a flu outbreak on the Dardanelle girls team.
Game was postponed until 1/19. Players leaving the team, plus injuries and illnesses, left Dardanelle with only 4 players, and there was talk the coach was considering moving a manager to playing status. Not a good situation right now over in Yell County.

SteveWill

Pottsville Girls are 3-1 wins over Dover/Robinson & Clinton lost to Ozark

hogsnout

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 14, 2015, 03:08:29 pm
Game was postponed until 1/19. Players leaving the team, plus injuries and illnesses, left Dardanelle with only 4 players, and there was talk the coach was considering moving a manager to playing status. Not a good situation right now over in Yell County.
Just heard story on PG suspension 3 weeks for going to hogs game on Christmas break this makes me sick as a hogs fan school should have stepped in sounds like there needs to be changes made in coaching there seen them play without her and my predictions are the wont win a conference game this year without her

WattsOzark

I would love to hear what's going on.

hogsnout

She was given tickets to razorback bowl game for Christmas told coach a week ahead.He told her ok she came back he suspended her 3 weeks said it was unnecessary for her to go.Told team he was disappointed in them for them not wanting her kicked off team.Parents stepped in pulled her off team and told coaches she was transferring to two rivers at end of school year and she has younger sister in 9th grade just as good.I see bad things in dardanelle's future.

The Coach

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 14, 2015, 03:08:29 pm

They had 6 girls that could play. 4 girls got sick and 1 returned the next day which was Gameday. Coach considered dressing both managers just in case but Dover agreed to reschedule the game. 

PASS

Quote from: hogsnout on January 14, 2015, 08:13:36 pm
She was given tickets to razorback bowl game for Christmas told coach a week ahead.He told her ok she came back he suspended her 3 weeks said it was unnecessary for her to go.Told team he was disappointed in them for them not wanting her kicked off team.Parents stepped in pulled her off team and told coaches she was transferring to two rivers at end of school year and she has younger sister in 9th grade just as good.I see bad things in dardanelle's future.
Don't know the coach or player. But if ths story is 100% true then this coach is the most unreasonable man on the face of the planet. What I really think is that isn't the entire story. Whether the rest is left out on purpose or you just don't know, I don't know. But I do know when I am not being told the entire truth....I have raised 3 children. Not saying the coach is right, just can't speak to it without knowing the WHOLE story & neither should you.

SteveWill

Dardanelle Sr boys 49

Pottsville.                   42

PASS

At Dover:

AB girls 50-42 final.

AB boys up 27-19 at half.

WattsOzark

Ozark girls 68-52 over robinson.

SteveWill

Pottsville Girls  60

Dardanelle.        26

WattsOzark

Robinson boys 56-53 over Ozark. How did AB's game end up?

SteveWill

Quote from: WattsOzark on January 16, 2015, 10:44:55 pm
Robinson boys 56-53 over Ozark. How did AB's game end up?

I believe I heard someone say AB won by 1 or 2 points

Not entirely positive but I beleive I heard some

PASS

AB boys 50-44 over Dover. In what was one of the poorest officiated games I have ever seen & that is something both Dover & AB fans agreed upon. It was bad both ways.

hogsnout

Quote from: PASS on January 17, 2015, 07:31:16 am
AB boys 50-44 over Dover. In what was one of the poorest officiated games I have ever seen & that is something both Dover & AB fans agreed upon. It was bad both ways.
subiaco boys over dardanelle boys Saturday night also not sure final though

BIG_K

Girls and Boys Team Records and conf. standing?

PASS

AB girls:

Conference 3-2
Overall 9-10

WattsOzark

Ozark Boys, 8-10 1-5
Ozark Girls 14-3 5-0

Stealth Edit:  I think.

Sportsnutt

Quote from: PASS on January 15, 2015, 11:34:27 pm
Quote from: hogsnout on January 14, 2015, 08:13:36 pm
Don't know the coach or player. But if ths story is 100% true then this coach is the most unreasonable man on the face of the planet. What I really think is that isn't the entire story. Whether the rest is left out on purpose or you just don't know, I don't know. But I do know when I am not being told the entire truth....I have raised 3 children. Not saying the coach is right, just can't speak to it without knowing the WHOLE story & neither should you.

I assume the family knew there was a basketball game scheduled that conflicted with the Razorback trip.  If my kid signs up to play basketball, they would be at the game with their teammates.  When you commit to something, you have an obligation to be there.  It sounds like the team had low numbers anyway so they knew the effect it would have on the team.  Since I don't know the whole situation, I am not sure how long she should have been suspended.

WPWells

The rule on my team was if you miss a game, you're suspended for the next game you're back

hogsnout

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 20, 2015, 09:31:00 am
The rule on my team was if you miss a game, you're suspended for the next game you're back
I heard they lost again last night 0-5 in conference now.

PASS

Games 1-20-15:

Pottsville @ AB
Dardanelle @ Ozark
Clinton @ Robinson

Clinton/Robinson game should be fantastic. Can someone keep us updated tonight?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: PASS on January 20, 2015, 02:12:24 pm
Games 1-20-15:

Pottsville @ AB
Dardanelle @ Ozark
Clinton @ Robinson

Clinton/Robinson game should be fantastic. Can someone keep us updated tonight?

Robinson will win by 20.  Clinton is way too young to compete with all that speed.
Pottsville will handle AB's one dimensional.
The Ozark Dardanelle game will be competitive if the Ozark Class of '45 team plays against the depleted Lady Sand Lizards.

PASS

Agree with you except on Robinson winning by 20 over Clinton. Think it will be close & Robinson pulls away in 4th. Going with Robinson by 9.

SteveWill

Pottsville Girls  beat AB don't have a score

WattsOzark

Ozark girls 62-20ish over Dardenelle

Mascot1

Clinton 46 Robinson 45

PASS

Quote from: SteveWill on January 20, 2015, 07:30:34 pm
Pottsville 44
AB 33

3 point game in 4th quarter. Pottsville shot FT's really well down the stretch. They are a good team.

SteveWill

Quote from: PASS on January 20, 2015, 09:09:28 pm
Quote from: SteveWill on January 20, 2015, 07:30:34 pm

Pottsville 44
AB 33

3 point game in 4th quarter. Pottsville shot FT's really well down the stretch. They are a good team.

I did not know how good they would or wouldn't be this year with only one returning starter and very few that had any significant playing time last year they have had some some bad games but overall have been a pleasant suprise

The Coach

Quote from: hogsnout on January 20, 2015, 11:41:24 am

They'd be 0-5 with the girls that quit so what's your point? Coach can only do so much with little talent compared to the other teams.

PASS

I believe girls standings look like this:

1. Ozark 6-0
2. Pottsville 5-1
3. Clinton 4-2
4. AB 3-3
5. Robinson 2-4
6. Dover 1-5
7. Dardanelle 0-6

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

hogsnout

Quote from: The Coach on January 20, 2015, 11:17:49 pm
Quote from: hogsnout on January 20, 2015, 11:41:24 am

They'd be 0-5 with the girls that quit so what's your point? Coach can only do so much with little talent compared to the other teams.
Apparently you never got to see there PG play even as a softmore last year she was a gamechanger.This year she was scoring over half there points in every game.Always draws double teams and deadly on 3's watched her alot back in summer leagues.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas