• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Girls

Started by PASS, November 06, 2014, 10:28:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PASS

Season starts next week. Any insight into who will win this league? Top players? Styles of play?

3 Dollar

November 06, 2014, 09:05:20 pm #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:44:45 pm by 3 Dollar
#1...Ozark
#2...Arkansas Baptist
#3...Pulaski Robinson
#4...Dover
#5...Pottsville
#6...Clinton
#7...Dardanelle

BIG_K

Pottsville will be better than 5th.

PASS

AB girls host Maumelle Thursday night. Let the games begin.

NEA Razorback olfan

Good Luck to AB girls this year!!

PASS

AB girls beat Maumelle 53-43.

Estes has 16.
Hogue has 14 points, 18 rebounds, 13 blocks, 7 steals & 7 assists.

Very balanced attack for the Eagles, with 7 girls scoring 4 or more points.  Next up is Bald Knob on Monday in the Bauxite tourney.

Freshman, Sims, is going to be really good. Had 6 tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

Basketballfan13

How will Dardanelle girls be this year?

PASS

AB girls beat Bald Knob 49-48 last night. Hogue goes for triple double. Estes with 11 & Reed with 10. Knock down 8 threes.
Pottsville girls go up 20 at half versus Sheridan & then withstand a wild comeback to win by four. Pottsville shoots the ball really well.

PASS

Baptist falls 42-32 versus Sheridan. 10-48 from field.

PASS

Quote from: BIG_K on November 12, 2014, 09:36:19 pm
Pottsville will be better than 5th.
I agree 100% with that statement. Pottsville has beaten Sheridan & Malvern this week.
I'd go with:

1 Ozark
2 Pottsville
3 AB
4 Robinson
5 Dover
6 Clinton
7 Dardanelle

I will admit I don't know much about last 3. Just going off what others have said.

BIG_K

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Girls 59-43 over Charleston

WattsOzark

Ozark Sr. Girls 56-55 over Huntsville.  Wild finish.

leaglebb

Huntsville led the whole game and had a 13pt lead with 5 min left in the game and somehow managed to lose this game.  Huntsville had a 2 pt lead with 7.7 seconds left on the clock and Ozark throws up a 25 ft. shot at the buzzer to win.  Huntsville looked like the better team the whole game, but the score is all that matters in the end.  Congratulations to Ozark on a big win.

HorseFeathers

I was hoping Dover was picked to finish higher in the conference....Hector beat them tonight by about 10

3 Dollar

Quote from: 3 Dollar on November 06, 2014, 09:05:20 pm
#1...Ozark
#2...Arkansas Baptist
#3...Pulaski Robinson
#4...Dover
#5...Pottsville
#6...Clinton
#7...Dardanelle

Hadn't a clue on this post!!!  Let's try it again

#1...Ozark
#2...Pottsville
#3...Arkansas Baptist
#4...Dover
#5...Pulaski Robinson
#6...Clinton
#7...Dardanelle

SteveWill

Pottsville  SR Girls beat Clarksville 58-50

Pottsville SR Boys lose big

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Girls lose to Huntsville 45-42 Huntsville plays really good defense

BIG_K

how do Pottville Girls and Boys do against Mena?

SteveWill

Quote from: BIG_K on December 10, 2014, 11:51:02 am
how do Pottville Girls and Boys do against Mena?
Not sure never heard anybody else on hear know the answer
And any news on the rest of the 4a-4 would be good also

WattsOzark

Ozark faces Northside at 5:30 tomorrow at Southside in the Fort Smith TOC.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: WattsOzark on December 10, 2014, 06:35:29 pm
Ozark faces Northside at 5:30 tomorrow at Southside in the Fort Smith TOC.

Good luck to Ozark!!

WattsOzark

December 11, 2014, 09:12:46 pm #23 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:53:28 am by WattsOzark
Lady Hillbillies fought hard but came up short 66-55. Tomorrow the face Incarnate Word at 5:30

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds like a good game !!
Good luck !!

WattsOzark

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Boys & Girls both win against Dover

Tomahawk

Quote from: SteveWill on December 12, 2014, 09:03:10 pm
Pottsville SR Boys & Girls both win against Dover

Girls game was a blowout from the beginning.  The boys game was exciting, physical, and CLOSE.

WattsOzark

Ozark is at Clinton tonight, but I can't find a stream anywhere, so I don't have a score yet.

SteveWill

Quote from: WattsOzark on December 15, 2014, 06:48:03 pm
Ozark is at Clinton tonight, but I can't find a stream anywhere, so I don't have a score yet.

Any news on this game?

WattsOzark

Ozark 52-28, I think. Was a mercy rule at one point.

Boys ended 49-45 Ozark, too.

WattsOzark

Ozark Girls, 71  AB 22
AB Boys 28, Ozark 27

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Girls & Boys both win against Gravette

SouthpawSensation

January 02, 2015, 05:09:12 pm #33 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:57:45 am by SouthpawSensation
Things just got harder for Dardanelle.
UPDATE: Little birdie tells me the starting point guard and their leading scorer, who was going to be suspended for up to 3 weeks, has turned in her uniform and stepped down from the team. She will then transfer elsewhere at the end of the school year.

WattsOzark

Is Pottsville at Lamar tomorrow?

Tomahawk

I believe that's right.  Steven Glen and I aren't broadcasting that game because of scheduling conflicts.

WattsOzark

Do you know what time?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 02, 2015, 05:09:12 pm
Little birdie tells me the starting point guard, who was going to be suspended for up to 3 weeks, has decided to transfer in midseason.

Unless his family makes a legit move, and he is granted a hardship, he's done then.  Once you start a sport, you pretty much are ineligible to play anywhere else.  Lots of precedent on this type of thing.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 04, 2015, 07:56:49 pm
Little birdie tells me the starting point guard, who was going to be suspended for up to 3 weeks, has decided to transfer in midseason.

Unless his family makes a legit move, and he is granted a hardship, he's done then.  Once you start a sport, you pretty much are ineligible to play anywhere else.  Lots of precedent on this type of thing.
Not in this case, arthur ... because of her (we are in 4A-4 girls) situation, she can transfer without making a move and it will be perfectly legal. She would be eligible immediately, but the parents' plan for her has changed for now for a different reason.

BIG_K

Lamar Girls Beat Pottsville Saturday.

arthurhawgerelli

January 05, 2015, 07:33:20 am #40 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:37:47 am by arthurhawgerelli
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 04, 2015, 09:45:38 pm

Not in this case, arthur ... because of her (we are in 4A-4 girls) situation, she can transfer without making a move and it will be perfectly legal. She would be eligible immediately, but the parents' plan for her has changed for now for a different reason.

I thought you were talking about a boy (I guess I should have read the thread title closer, lol), and I'm not aware of any situation where a student can transfer (not legally move) and be eligible immediately.  Even in a co-custody situation, the student is only eligible to play in one district, dependent on where the student lives before Labor day.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 05, 2015, 07:33:20 am
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 04, 2015, 09:45:38 pm

I thought you were talking about a boy (I guess I should have read the thread title closer, lol), and I'm not aware of any situation where a student can transfer (not legally move) and be eligible immediately.  Even in a co-custody situation, the student is only eligible to play in one district, dependent on where the student lives before Labor day.
You haven't seen a situation like this one before, arthur. I'm going to send you a PM about it.

BIG_K

Hey SteveWill what happened to the Pottsville girls Saturday? I read on the 3A board where the score was 72-55 Lamar. Is Lamar that good or did Pottsville not show up.

WattsOzark

Ozark @ Dover tonight.  I can't make the game, but I'll update off the radio.

rskyb33

Ozark girls win at Dover 66  to 40 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WattsOzark

PASS

Girls:

Clinton 53
AB 47

WattsOzark

PASS did Hogue have any help tonight?

PASS

16 points & 16 boards while sitting out 13 minutes with foul problems. Problem with AB is their defense. Coach is determined to run man & nobody can stay in front of anyone. #42 for Clinton had to have 30+ on layups & free throws.

SteveWill

Quote from: BIG_K on January 05, 2015, 10:24:52 am
Hey SteveWill what happened to the Pottsville girls Saturday? I read on the 3A board where the score was 72-55 Lamar. Is Lamar that good or did Pottsville not show up.

lamar definitely showed up to play for sure not going to make excuses the girls couldn't stop them inside the paint nor beyond the 3 point line. My hats off to lamar.

Pottsville SR Girls & Boys both win against Pulaski Robinson Tuesday night

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas