• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Mt. Ida quietly becoming.........

Started by Backwoods Bart, December 10, 2016, 04:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

A 2A football dynasty. They are doing something right in Montgomery county!

STUNNA

Dynasties usually win title a little more often

Backwoods Bart

They quietly have been winning titles just not back to back

mr.gametime

After they win about 3 or 4 state titles in a 5 years span then we will talk dynasty...right now i would just call them a 2A power house

RiverEagle079

Now why you say that their will be people putting up the "It's because they can recruit from Oklahoma and Texas thing

bleudog

December 10, 2016, 04:49:16 pm #5 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:19:35 pm by bleudog
Bart is just having flashbacks to the '07 WMS game.

Dr. Defense

Backwoods Bart

M.I. D

Ok I am from Mount Ida. Lived here my whole life. We never get players from Texas or Ok. Texas is 2 hours away or farther and Ok is about the same. The two schools closest to us are Caddo and Oden and they don't have football. We rarely have kids from there move here to play football. Just one every once in awhile. Mount Ida is actually a class A school. Not even AA this cycle. A small school and town that loves their Mount Ida Football and a community that's very proud of their 2016 State Champions.

tacklethis...

Quote from: M.I. D on December 10, 2016, 07:10:08 pm
Ok I am from Mount Ida. Lived here my whole life. We never get players from Texas or Ok. Texas is 2 hours away or farther and Ok is about the same. The two schools closest to us are Caddo and Oden and they don't have football. We rarely have kids from there move here to play football. Just one every once in awhile. Mount Ida is actually a class A school. Not even AA this cycle. A small school and town that loves their Mount Ida Football and a community that's very proud of their 2016 State Champions.

Great team, greater coach, great town. Nothing fancy just ran about 6 different plays all day long. I knew what they were gonna do, everyone did. No surprises, stop us if you can...kinda football...

Hornet4ever

What you have is some hard nosed, corn fed country boys. They like to hit, and love to play ball. Good recipe for some good football, even better; a great history of football in that school.

eldofan

How is Mount Ida not AA. The AAA has your enrollment listed at 133 which is AA.

M.I. D

Quote from: eldofan on December 10, 2016, 08:18:15 pm
How is Mount Ida not AA. The AAA has your enrollment listed at 133 which is AA.

I don't know the numbers. I just know we play A basketball this year. Were in a class A there so this cycle were class A. I'm not sure how it looks next cycle but don't see it changing. A few years ago our enrollment was around 550-600 k-12.  I thinks it around 450 or less now. Its a great place to live but not a lot of employment close.

eldofan

Go to the Arkansas Athlethic Association . It lists yours numbers and u as AA. So u are AA not A.

eldofan

Yes it's a very rural area . I've passed through there a few times.

monster_island

Quote from: M.I. D on December 10, 2016, 08:37:06 pm

I don't know the numbers. I just know we play A basketball this year. Were in a class A there so this cycle were class A. I'm not sure how it looks next cycle but don't see it changing. A few years ago our enrollment was around 550-600 k-12.  I thinks it around 450 or less now. Its a great place to live but not a lot of employment close.
MI is 2A. Basketball is mixing classifications as to reduce travel time for small schools.

M.I. D

Quote from: monster_island on December 10, 2016, 08:51:31 pm
MI is 2A. Basketball is mixing classifications as to reduce travel time for small schools.

Ok I misunderstood. My fault. That makes sense to help with travel.

Cheek

RiverEagle079

Easy killer I was just pushing buttons

doctor in the house

I saw where it was reported in the ADG that Mt. Ida's enrollment placed them in 2A.. I don't think that is correct.. The reason Mt. Ida will play in Class A baseball, basketball and track this season is because their actual enrollment places them in Class A..  They are listed in the 1A 7W basketball conference. If their enrollment numbers were in the AA range they would play in the same basketball/baseball district tournament that class AA Caddo Hills is playing in this season.. The combining of teams for travel is for conference games but not in district tournament play.. Mount Ida is currently a Class A school and they just won the Class AA state football championship game... I am curious if that has ever happened before???

M.I. D

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 11, 2016, 11:18:38 am
I saw where it was reported in the ADG that Mt. Ida's enrollment placed them in 2A.. I don't think that is correct.. The reason Mt. Ida will play in Class A baseball, basketball and track this season is because their actual enrollment places them in Class A..  They are listed in the 1A 7W basketball conference. If their enrollment numbers were in the AA range they would play in the same basketball/baseball district tournament that class AA Caddo Hills is playing in this season.. The combining of teams for travel is for conference games but not in district tournament play.. Mount Ida is currently a Class A school and they just won the Class AA state football championship game... I am curious if that has ever happened before???

I'm not sure and that would require a good bit of research. I thought we were class A. Id been told that by ppl that know. I believe Dierks might be A right now as well and Mineral Springs.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: M.I. D on December 11, 2016, 11:46:06 am

I'm not sure and that would require a good bit of research. I thought we were class A. Id been told that by ppl that know. I believe Dierks might be A right now as well and Mineral Springs.

I knew Ida and Dierks was small, but I didnt know they were that small

M.I. D

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 11, 2016, 11:48:13 am
I knew Ida and Dierks was small, but I didnt know they were that small

Even when we had our largest numbers we were just middle of the road AA. Now were probably one of the larger class A schools. Go to Mount Ida its a great place to live. I know I've been here 37 years.

tacklethis...

Quote from: M.I. D on December 11, 2016, 11:46:06 am

Dierks will compete in single A in basketball, baseball and softball.

doctor in the house

1A - 7W   Basketball conference for 2016-18 cycle

Acorn
Dierks
Kirby
Mineral Springs
Mt. Ida
Oden
Umpire

M.I. D

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 11, 2016, 12:17:20 pm
1A - 7W   Basketball conference for 2016-18 cycle

Acorn
Dierks
Kirby
Mineral Springs
Mt. Ida
Oden
Umpire

That's what I was thinking. 3 of the 7AA football teams are actually class A schools this cycle.

Cheek

Quote from: M.I. D on December 11, 2016, 12:18:52 pm

That's what I was thinking. 3 of the 7AA football teams are actually class A schools this cycle.

And Mineral Springs is super small.   What they do in football is amazing.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: M.I. D on December 11, 2016, 11:51:33 am

Even when we had our largest numbers we were just middle of the road AA. Now were probably one of the larger class A schools. Go to Mount Ida its a great place to live. I know I've been here 37 years.

I'm from Hackett, we're pretty small. Pop. Around 900, we are still all AA

M.I. D

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 11, 2016, 02:49:17 pm
I'm from Hackett, we're pretty small. Pop. Around 900, we are still all AA

Our pop is about the same. We have oden 12 miles away and caddo 15. We rarely get kids from there but a few at times. We have some small classes of kids in the younger ages right now. This community could use a boost in employment from a manufacturing company or something like that. We had Munro Shoe Factory until about 3-4 years ago and the shut it down. That cost our community several jobs.

jsw6f0

I would rather play AA bball than have to play Kirby every year.

tacklethis...

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 11, 2016, 06:32:39 pm
I would rather play AA bball than have to play Kirby every year.

Me too...it will help our softball program! No more Foremam and Springhill!

eldofan

Anyone can go to the arkansas athlethic association and look up the numbers . Mount Ida has 133 kids in high school . Strong and Mineral  springs are some of the smallest AA at 93 and 91.  Mount Ida is middle of the road 2A . The largest is Camden harmony grove  around 188.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Cheek on December 11, 2016, 12:57:01 pm

Especially with Nashville so nearby

Hornet4ever

Quote from: M.I. D on December 11, 2016, 05:40:30 pm

Our pop is about the same. We have oden 12 miles away and caddo 15. We rarely get kids from there but a few at times. We have some small classes of kids in the younger ages right now. This community could use a boost in employment from a manufacturing company or something like that. We had Munro Shoe Factory until about 3-4 years ago and the shut it down. That cost our community several jobs.

Hackett does have Fort Smith close by, and Greenwood so that helps. We have grown some for sure, my graduating class had 68 kids in 2013. 

BLUEBLOOD

Mt Ida is a 1A school for this classification cycle.  Playing 2A football, along with several other schools who have 1A enrollment numbers, since there is no football in 1A classification.  Every sport except football, they will compete against other 1A schools.

And to get back to the title of this thread........a football powerhouse.  They do things the right way.  It's not flashy, but it's effective and they execute it well.  Coach White builds from within and he will continue to be successful.  They will not win state every year but you will never hope to see their bus pull into your stadium in the playoffs!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Cheek on December 11, 2016, 12:57:01 pm

They haven't done much in football in years, other than not be very good.

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on December 12, 2016, 09:27:36 am
They haven't done much in football in years, other than not be very good.

They had a good run in 12 but other than that they are lacking compared to the Hornets of the 80's and 90's...

playmaker04

They will be tough for the next couple of years for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas