• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the England lions.

Started by AirWarren, December 02, 2016, 10:11:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

I said this on the game thread. But I want it so the England fans can see it. Regardless if they hate me or not.

Congrats on the fantastic season. Congrats to those seniors who had one heck of a run these past two years. Job well done.

Also, congrats to the offensive coordinator. He is a Warren boy and we in Warren always want the best for our owns endeavors. Best of luck with your career M.G.

Best of luck next year and so on.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2016, 10:11:57 pm
I said this on the game thread. But I want it so the England fans can see it. Regardless if they hate me or not.

Congrats on the fantastic season. Congrats to those seniors who had one heck of a run these past two years. Job well done.

Also, congrats to the offensive coordinator. He is a Warren boy and we in Warren always want the best for our owns endeavors. Best of luck with your career M.G.

Best of luck next year and so on.

Best wishes to England. You guys had an incredible year!

bulldawg2016

STUNNA

Hey matt wanted me to tell you guys thanks for the support. He also wanted me to say good luck to Hampton!!! They were the better team Friday night and I wish them nothing but the best!

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 05, 2016, 09:24:07 am
Hey matt wanted me to tell you guys thanks for the support. He also wanted me to say good luck to Hampton!!! They were the better team Friday night and I wish them nothing but the best!

Good thing for ole MG, he can watch his hometown team Friday night ha.

Dr. Defense

Nothing to hang your heads about England......quite a good run you guys have had and judging from your Jr. High this year the success will continue into the foreseeable future

mtindian42

Heck of a run by this senior class! Congrats on a great season!

Donnie Jamon

BigLion10

Ventman

I thought he was going to Washington St?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on December 22, 2016, 11:39:49 am
I thought he was going to Washington St?

Just a verbal commit... Things can change

Ventman

I got ya. Good that more options are available that are closer to home.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on December 22, 2016, 02:43:21 pm
I got ya. Good that more options are available that are closer to home.

I would go else where, you know how it is for a high school student. You get offered somewhere, and your pumped. Arkansas should offer him, not sure what they are doing

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 22, 2016, 10:01:18 pm
I would go else where, you know how it is for a high school student. You get offered somewhere, and your pumped. Arkansas should offer him, not sure what they are doing

Arkansas is loaded at T.E right now....

BigLion10

mr.gametime

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 25, 2016, 08:12:18 pm
He's being recruited as a DE

Yes...but wasn't Arkansas recruiting him for T.E before they decided not to offer?....i know several schools are recruiting him for D.E ....but hes a little small to play that position in the S.E.C ..even when he goes off to college and they put weight on him hes more than likely only going to get up to around 245 to 250 pounds and thats still small for a D.E in the S.E.C

Bigditchlion

Tough is tough regardless of 245 to 285. He will be a good get for who ever he signs with

BigLion10

Congrats to England's BJ Thompson named to Max Preps small school All-American first team great accomplishment for this young man

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Bigditchlion on December 30, 2016, 06:04:07 pm
Tough is tough regardless of 245 to 285. He will be a good get for who ever he signs with

40-50 lb difference on the DL is a big difference to make up when you play 300+ OL.

BulldogDad82

Watched England in the post season. Very dominant team that came up short. Im sure they will be back next year!

BigLion10

January 19, 2017, 03:41:19 pm #20 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:46:46 pm by BigLion10
BJ Thompson just picked up two more offers this morning from the University of Texas and Purdue

BigLion10

He had Florida State come visit him at the school this morning. He will be taking an official visit their as well

mr.gametime

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 19, 2017, 03:41:19 pm
BJ Thompson just picked up two more offers this morning from the University of Texas and Purdue

Is he still a verbal for Washington State

BigLion10

Dr. Defense

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 20, 2017, 05:58:31 am
No he De committed

Not surprising when all of those names come calling....congrats to BJ

Bigditchlion

I'm so proud of the lions this year and the past few years! These young men have been great ambassadors for our school and town. Hope these coaches can keep coaching up these boys coming up through the ranks. Junior high and high school have been rolling for awhile. The players are there in school to keep the purple lions rolling.

All of our lions moving onto play college ball, you earned all the praise that is being heaped on you.
Those not playing ball, we are very proud of what you accomplished! All of you have made Friday nights the buzz around our town!

BigLion10

BJ has just picked up an offer from Florida State

mr.gametime

Ventman

mr.gametime

mr.gametime

Quote from: Ventman on January 23, 2017, 09:49:14 am
Is he not even on Arkansas radar?

Its a few in state kids that Arkansas didn't offer...that alot of power programs are coming in and offering....B.j being one of them...there is also a young man named tre norwood from ft.smith who was committed to Louisville, but over the past couple of weeks Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State have came in and offered him ...think Arkansas is worried about his size being that he's only 5'10 165lbs and i think the same goes for B.j they think he to small to play D.E in the S.E.C

Ventman

The QB from Earle has an offer from Alabama. The Arkansas coaches need to take note and try to keep the Arkansas kids inside the state. Obviously what they are doing now isn't working. At least these kids would take pride in being a Razorback.

Iknewthemwhen

I agree that UA could do a better job of recruiting but UA cannot recruit every player in Arkansas that fans think are worthy.  Arkansas like every other school has certain needs from season to season and they look to fill holes.  That alone can determine why they don't go after certain kids, plus some of the kids being recruited by other out of state schools don't pan out and maybe something about that kid turns UA off. 
I can think of a few D1/s that did not go to Arkansas and did not pan out at all.

bigworm

I heard Dr Fitz Hill explaining a possible explanation for this years assumed neglect of in state kids. His theory is that they are focusing on more juco players that are game ready for next fall. His reasoning is that coach B may feel he wouldn't survive a 7 5 season. He may feel the need for game ready players. Not players he has to develop. He thinks if UA would have had a great season you would see more highschool in state seniors offered. Just his theory.

mr.gametime

January 23, 2017, 10:23:58 pm #34 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:25:52 pm by mr.gametime
Quote from: bigworm on January 23, 2017, 09:41:17 pm
I heard Dr Fitz Hill explaining a possible explanation for this years assumed neglect of in state kids. His theory is that they are focusing on more juco players that are game ready for next fall. His reasoning is that coach B may feel he wouldn't survive a 7 5 season. He may feel the need for game ready players. Not players he has to develop. He thinks if UA would have had a great season you would see more highschool in state seniors offered. Just his theory.

Juco players are a big risk ..because if they dont pan out ..its pretty much a waist of scholarship ...because you only get 2 years of eligibility out of most of them for example: last year in the 2016 class Arkansas signed 2 juco offensive lineman and neither of them was good enough to touch the field this past season ..they didnt even make the 2 deep depth chart so that was pretty much two scholarships waisted. ..so far in these years class i think they have 4 juco guys committed ....

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Ventman on January 23, 2017, 08:02:24 pm
The QB from Earle has an offer from Alabama. The Arkansas coaches need to take note and try to keep the Arkansas kids inside the state. Obviously what they are doing now isn't working. At least these kids would take pride in being a Razorback.

I've been saying this for years man....get some in state kids that grew up Hog fans that will take pride in it

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 23, 2017, 10:23:58 pm
Juco players are a big risk ..because if they dont pan out ..its pretty much a waist of scholarship ...because you only get 2 years of eligibility out of most of them for example: last year in the 2016 class Arkansas signed 2 juco offensive lineman and neither of them was good enough to touch the field this past season ..they didnt even make the 2 deep depth chart so that was pretty much two scholarships waisted. ..so far in these years class i think they have 4 juco guys committed ....

That argument is the same you might use for not getting too many in state freshmen.  Any player who doesn't pan out is a wasted scholarship.  I'm not a huge juco fan but if you can get a couple of gamers that come right in, it's a plus.   I do agree with the comment that a 7-5 season may put B on the hot seat, or a hotter seat.

Ventman

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 23, 2017, 08:25:42 pm
I agree that UA could do a better job of recruiting but UA cannot recruit every player in Arkansas that fans think are worthy.  Arkansas like every other school has certain needs from season to season and they look to fill holes.  That alone can determine why they don't go after certain kids, plus some of the kids being recruited by other out of state schools don't pan out and maybe something about that kid turns UA off. 
I can think of a few D1/s that did not go to Arkansas and did not pan out at all.
Any kid that gets offered by Bama is good enough to be a Razorback 😂

Bigditchlion

January 24, 2017, 03:10:58 pm #38 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:18:05 pm by Bigditchlion
Or Texas and Florida state(who has more d1 prospects in their states than any other state). This reminds me when people asked the arkansas coach to come look at an england kid in the 90's. Nope. He went on to play for the Kansas city chiefs. Yeah it's true that the smaller classification doesn't produce as many d1 athletes but to say that there isn't any that can play for the hogs is rubbish

Iknewthemwhen

If you are talking to me, I didn't say that there are not good kids or even D1 kids in arkansas and at smaller schools, just that not all will be recruited, not all will turn out to be players.  Arkansas fans get too wrapped up in getting all the Arkansas kids, some of which do not pan out and some are not D1 quality. 

Bigditchlion

No not talking to you but in general, it seems the hogs continue to recruit out of state vs in state a lot harder. When in truth the kid that is in state has been a razorback since diapers. He is gonna work hard to be a hog and build the program. It's silly I guess!

Iknewthemwhen

Im not so sure about how hard an in state kid will work compared to an out of state kid.  That's different for each kid, how much he wants to do well.  What UA needs to do is recruit the best kids it can regardless of where they are from.

bigworm

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 24, 2017, 10:12:13 pm
Im not so sure about how hard an in state kid will work compared to an out of state kid.  That's different for each kid, how much he wants to do well.  What UA needs to do is recruit the best kids it can regardless of where they are from.

Actually what UA needs to do is hire a real coach.

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on January 25, 2017, 12:21:14 am
Actually what UA needs to do is hire a real coach.
Bigworm he just needs a few more years and we will be National Champs😂

Bigditchlion

Recruiting class ranked 28th vent. Aiming at mediocrity gets mediocre results. bama, lsu, sc, Kentucky, miss state all out recruiting the hogs.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Bigditchlion on January 25, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
Recruiting class ranked 28th vent. Aiming at mediocrity gets mediocre results. bama, lsu, sc, Kentucky, miss state all out recruiting the hogs.

Right now Arkansas has the 24th recruiting class but its only 9th in the S.E.C ...you can recruit and offer every 5 star player in the country...but if they dont wanna come to your school...then you have to bring in the best players you can.

Ventman

The Hogs need to move to the Big 12 but that will never happen, too much money involved for that move.

Ventman

Once every 25-30 years the Hogs may compete for the SEC and a National title every century.

Iknewthemwhen

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on January 25, 2017, 01:02:08 pm
The Hogs need to move to the Big 12 but that will never happen, too much money involved for that move.

We would compete for the sunbelt title every 5 to 10 years. Maybe that would be a batter move.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas