• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 2A state title. Hampton Bulldogs vs Mt Ida Lions. Let's get it started!!!!

Started by AirWarren, December 02, 2016, 09:37:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's gonna win state?

Hampton
99 (67.8%)
Mt. ida
49 (33.6%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Voting closed: December 09, 2016, 09:38:20 pm

AirWarren

razorcardsfan11

Looks like Hampton is gonna win and mt. Ida pulled it off. Who's gonna win it all?

AirWarren

Old Scrapper

couch-coach06

Il pick.hampton but I don't know if it will be a route because Ida will prolly keep the ball most of the game but Hampton wins comfortably too much monta

tcor145

Can you say mercy rule for Hampton? 

Remember this post.

hornetfan8

HorseFeathers

Hampton wins....IMO mt Ida is a year early in the "reloading" process..

BigDoginBlue

HorseFeathers

Can we swap the sticky threads for AW's thread?

AirWarren

ThreadWatcher

Was just thinking the same thing!

HorseFeathers

So....Hampton 54 Mt Ida 21....nothing against the Lions...Just young and Hampton is a buzzsaw on a mission...

Dr. Defense

Pit Bull

The Bear

Everyone said Mount Ida would lose in 2007, everyone said they wouldn't score . They now have a ring so good luck , mount Ida loves being the underdog

M.I. D

If I'm quiet this week its only because I believe in acting like you been there before and being humble. That being said if this is kept constructive good but if its gonna be a online chest beating contest when none of us have any impact on the game what so ever then ill be quiet. Mount Ida is a tough bunch and they will play their game the best they can. Go ahead and pick Hampton by 40 if ya want because we have heard it all before. What you say is irrelevant.

RiverEagle079

Believe me when it comes to Hampton all but two or three are not Chest beating my nephew is pulling my chariot to fame type of posters.   ::)

HG Hornet

Quote from: M.I. D on December 02, 2016, 11:29:24 pm
If I'm quiet this week its only because I believe in acting like you been there before and being humble. That being said if this is kept constructive good but if its gonna be a online chest beating contest when none of us have any impact on the game what so ever then ill be quiet. Mount Ida is a tough bunch and they will play their game the best they can. Go ahead and pick Hampton by 40 if ya want because we have heard it all before. What you say is irrelevant.
Y'all sure stopped our RBs, but you'll have to come up with something extra special next week.  Good game tonight Mt. Ida.  We are the only team to stay within 10 points of Hampton all season.  Y'all put us out, now go earn it if you want it.  And you're right, what WE say on here is irrelevant.

Hornet4ever

Mt. Ida, one heck of a season and we're all happy for you, but Hampton has had one of the best seasons of all the time.

OF ALL TIME

I hope someone gets my joke here.

In all reality I say Hampton by a couple of touchdowns.

Gatormeat

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 03, 2016, 01:47:39 am
Mt. Ida, one heck of a season and we're all happy for you but Hampton has had one of the best seasons of all the time.

OF ALL TIME

I hope someone gets my joke here.

In all reality I say Hampton by a couple of touchdowns.

You may not remember Mt. Ida's season in 07, but everyone that watched that game does. That team, as like their opponent both 14-0, ANYTHING can happens. There is a reason those corn fed kids are going back to complete for a state title.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Gatormeat on December 03, 2016, 02:40:55 am

You may not remember Mt. Ida's season in 07, but everyone that watched that game does. That team, as like their opponent both 14-0, ANYTHING can happens. There is a reason those corn fed kids are going back to complete for a state title.

Oh its very possible. Their 2007 win over Bearden kicking that field goal to win it by a point was a classic. I was making a joke in reference to Kanye West. Mt. Ida will play tough, but I don't see them stopping Thomas, Hegler, or Childs. Way too much speed for the Lions.

tacklethis...

There is only one key to this game...

Will Hampton stop Mt Ida's off tackle veer belly play? If they stop it they win big time, if not Mt Ida will keep it away from the offensive juggernaut...9-10 minute drives are commonplace with Ida...

I think Hamptons  d line is the strength of the defense so I think they can stop it. If so Hampton rolls.

dawgpound

Dawg defense is hitting on all cylinders right now, they are hungry and eating their opponents up.  I don't think Ida will be ready for the punishment they are about to receive.

Maynard G Krebs

Hampton looks to be the favorite, but I'm pulling for Mt. Ida.  I plan on attending this game, maybe I'll see some old gray haired Lions in the stands that I played against years ago.  Good luck to both teams!

bear for life

After last night the only people can beat Hampton is Hampton too much speed an #33 on that d line was in backfield every snap he like an running back playing nose guard

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: bear for life on December 03, 2016, 08:17:28 am
After last night the only people can beat Hampton is Hampton too much speed an #33 on that d line was in backfield every snap he like an running back playing nose guard
I've been sayingbit all year. That kid is a beast.

jazdill

I am pulling for Ida but Hampton looks very tough from what I seen last night. The Thomas kid is as good or better than any kid I have seen play on Friday night in arkansas this season. 

dawgpound

Quote from: bear for life on December 03, 2016, 08:17:28 am
he is a sophomore running back playing noise guard

thabeast428

Good luck to Hampton! After watching them last night I don't think their gonna get beat lol bring that title back to the south!

lionfan59

Nothing to take say from any of the other kids in the state. but yesterday on the way to Hampton I told my wife that Hampton scares me because playing for someone is a hugmungust motivation.  Walked into the stadium and the #54 was everywhere. Each weak you hear the loosing team say the same thing. Hampton is determined. Yes Thomas is big part in their success. But they do play as a team. Hats off to you guys and win it all. 

AirWarren

Quote from: dawgpound on December 03, 2016, 09:13:13 am
he is a sophomore running back playing noise guard

My mom and I were talking this morning and I didn't know. How many seniors are on this team? Who are they?

bobthebuilder

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2016, 11:35:04 am
My mom and I were talking this morning and I didn't know. How many seniors are on this team? Who are they?

Thomas, Childs, Davis, Hegler, McPherson, Williams, am I missing anybody?

AirWarren

sickwillie

Quote from: bobthebuilder on December 03, 2016, 11:45:11 am
Thomas, Childs, Davis, Hegler, McPherson, Williams, am I missing anybody?

The oldest Nutt boy, Terrance Neal

bobthebuilder

dawgpound

N. traylor #3
B. Nutt #4
M. Thomas #5
T.neal #7
A. Davis #10
K. Childs #20
M. Rose #28
E. (Hoss) hegler #32
C. McPherson #54
R. Williams #57

AirWarren

Quote from: dawgpound on December 03, 2016, 11:57:59 am
N. traylor #3
B. Nutt #4
M. Thomas #5
T.neal #7
A. Davis #10
K. Childs #20
M. Rose #28
E. (Hoss) hegler #32
C. McPherson #54
R. Williams #57

10 seniors. Nice.

Let's finish it boys.

dawgpound

MOJO

With the personal ties I have to Hampton, I have quietly been pulling for them to do something special all year long. Now the Bulldogs find themselves in position to do just that. After all the adversity they have overcome all year long, I believe this team deserves just as much as anyone to be in, and win this game.

ChickenHawk

I am so looking forward to Underground. I wonder if he will even show up? Bring lots of excuses or lots of water. Crow feathers are dry.

Hampton? Who is Hampton? Do they have a team this year?

He's gone! BOOM!

What's that noise? BOOM!

Three headed what?  BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Oops! I got off subject. Sorry fellow posters. I pick the Dawgs by 3 scores. Also my apologies go out to the Hampton coaching staff. Thanks for proving me wrong. Best crow I ever ate. Go dogs.

mr.gametime

Where yall at mt.ida fans and posters?????....Yall are playing for a state championship....last year yall didnt even make it to the finals and was on here talking crap every week of the playoffs until yall lost...lol...i guess those posters humbled there selfes a little bit this year.

But i do have a question do yall think this years Mt.ida team is better than the 2015 team?

mr.gametime

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 04, 2016, 07:10:33 am
Where yall at mt.ida fans and posters?????....Yall are playing for a state championship....last year yall didnt even make it to the finals and was on here talking crap every week of the playoffs until yall lost...lol...i guess those posters humbled there selfes a little bit this year.

But i do have a question do yall think this years Mt.ida team is better than the 2015 team?

BlueNGold52

Mt Ida posters are quiet because they have a young team that is very well coached and very disciplined. They don't believe in stirring the pot just keeping their mouths shut and preparing the boys for battle thats what they have done all year for the most part. I expect they will talk a little closer to the game but its just not the way the quiet community is for the most part. They love their football team and will show up loud and proud at War Memorial come Saturday thats for sure.

As far as are they as good as last years team its like comparing apples to oranges 2 totally different styles and pace.

GO LIONS!!!!

HorseFeathers

I believe the guy who talked all the crap "from" Mt ida...wasn't actually from Mt ida last year...

M.I. D

I think if this team could play the 2015 team in a hypothetical deal it would be a close game. They are different but both good at what they do. Ill say this for the 2015 seniors. They have been to several games this year and they want this team to win as bad as anyone. As for this game and talking trash I see no need. Both teams have had great seasons so lets give each other the respect we have earned. You can look at my posts I rarely talk bad about another team.

The Bear

Last years mount Ida team would beat this years mount Ida team handedly . But I don't see that game being played anytime soon so let's worry about this years mount Ida team who has made everyone believers , and is going to the state championship to play Hampton .. this is a young group of kids who have nothing but getting better to look forward too . Hopefully the next three years we will be hanging out at the Rock and coming home with a ring . Good luck both teams ! RollLionsRoll

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas