• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twenty Years

Started by ViloniaEaglestoWMS, September 12, 2017, 06:57:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

As the greatest poster in Fearless Friday history.

September 1997

September 2017

FF started in, what, 2000, 2001 as a boards2go site all because one glorious guy from Newport couldn't get a Greyhounds score over the radio?

Sit under the G.O.A.T's learning tree.  The history of trolling on FF.  You're not a troll until you have football players patrolling computers, a near lynch mob waiting at a playoff game, & at a home game, walking amongst the visitors listening to them talk about "hanging that guy from the flagpole".

It'll open up soon.

Drink it in, maaaaaaaaaaaan

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

September 12, 2017, 07:20:23 pm #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:32:54 am by ViloniaEaglestoWMS
Oh, the Sonic thing.

I need to tell that story.  It actually is the Alma Sonic, & it revolves around a moron from Harrison who thought his kid was a D-1 level talent, circa 1999.

I trolled that idiot for years.  He ended up having chest pains.

It was completely unrelated, but it didn't stop me from taking credit for him having a heart attack, which further spun him around the bend.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

September 12, 2017, 07:47:56 pm #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:34:29 am by ViloniaEaglestoWMS
The Alma Sonic

Skip (no, I'm not doxxing him, he always used his real name to poast) was a man who in 1999 had a son who was a RB (if I remember right) on the Harrison football team.  Harrison went 14-0 & won state. 

If they'd faced 1999 Wynne (still the best team I've ever seen, & I've watched 2003 LR Central & 2005 Springdale in person) they'd have a 13-1 on their record, & no title.  But anyway.

Ol' Skip was convinced his kid was a D-1 athlete.  He'd get violently angry if you told him otherwise.  He always was online, singing his praises.  Poor kid.  FF wasn't around then, so it was the KARK board & then the Hootens' board that we were all on.

Chad & Chris had a board & ended it in 2000, & that's another story for another day.  Two guys killed it, but me an, uh, they will remain anonymous *COUGH RD COUGH*

Skip would, predictably well, not take well to trolling.  He got so worked up at a guy from somewhere that he said

"* imma be there idiot  Let's meet at the alma sonic and sort this out"

"*" and "idiot" not being his actual words.

A meme was born.  Skip got hooted off the boards - but came back, like a dog returning to its vomit.

"Alma Sonic" became synonymous with someone taking an internet fight too seriously; & everyone knows a fight online is like winning best prize in a crazy house olympics.

AirWarren

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

I'm thinking the story for next week may be Chad vs Barry.

Or the Vilonia incidents, pick one.

Or Hootens vs Cabot (circa 2000, complete with WMS banner)

Or the Crossett whiteboard.

Or how I've owned Dogsbreath since around 1999 or so.

Not sure.  Y'all help me decide.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

I'll tell one mini story, one that's recent.

Not too long ago I forgot to take in a radio to work, and I was wondering about the VILONIA EAGLES games YEAHHH

Two guys at work told me, "Man, look at Fearless Friday."  I know for certain one of them posts here.  I've seen him post on here.  He explained this site to me.

He has no clue.

Me: "Oh, channel 4?  Fearless friday."

Them: "No, it's a website.  FearlessFriday.com.  They have a scoreboard and everything."

I actually ran that scoreboard before Quite Fr BG took over.  He does a much better job than I ever did.

"I thought that was channel 4.  Let me check it out."

....if they only knew....

PrivateLesson

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

PrivateLesson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas