• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What the playoffs should be

Started by beach bum, November 05, 2018, 10:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 05, 2018, 10:08:22 pm Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:21:42 pm by beach bum
- If the AAA really cared about competition and not $$$$$
- Top 2 seeds in each conference get in
- 4 "wildcards" or also referred to as at large elections
-you could mix the 1 vs 2, 1 vs WC, 2 vs 2 matchups however you liked, I just did it this way
-I tried to not make conference foes play until the semifinals
-look at how much more competive games are right away, solves mostly blowouts in round 1
- also I hate byes so that's what I did the 4 WC's, plus we all know some 3 or 4 seeds in strong conference can be just as good as a 2 in a weak one

1st 1 Shiloh
WC #1 Bauxite

1st 2 Stuttgart
2nd 8 Dumas

1st 7 Robinson
WC# 2 HWH

2nd 3 Trumann
2nd 4 Mena

1st 8 Warren
WC #3 Arkadelphia

1st 4 Ozark
2nd 2 Heber Springs

1st 3 Rivercrest
WC #4 Hamburg

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
2nd 7 Nashville

DuckGuide22

Stuttgart would rather play warren

beach bum

Lincoln would be my biggest snub. I just did not want to seem like a 1-4A homer.... No one get too upset cause this is just hypothetical  ;D .... If I had to put Lincoln in someone's place it would be Hamburg. Lincoln can prove their worth in real life by beating Hamburg Friday anyway. Go Wolves!!

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 05, 2018, 10:09:23 pm
Stuttgart would rather play warren

I did not want to do any 1 vs 1 in the 1st round.... but I can see the love is still strong between the Jacks and Birds  ;D

DuckGuide22

To be the best you gotta beat the best. Might as well get it over with.

hogfan10

Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2018, 10:08:22 pm
- If the AAA really cared about competition and not $$$$$
- Top 2 seeds in each conference get in
- 4 "wildcards" or also referred to as at large elections
-you could mix the 1 vs 2, 1 vs WC, 2 vs 2 matchups however you liked, I just did it this way
-I tried to not make conference foes play until the semifinals
-look at how much more competive games are right away, solves mostly blowouts in round 1
- also I hate byes so that's what I did the 4 WC's, plus we all know some 3 or 4 seeds in strong conference can be just as good as a 2 in a weak one

1st 1 Shiloh
WC #1 Bauxite

1st 2 Stuttgart
2nd 8 Dumas

1st 7 Robinson
WC# 2 HWH

2nd 3 Trumann
2nd 4 Mena

1st 8 Warren
WC #3 Arkadelphia

1st 4 Ozark
2nd 2 Heber Springs

1st 3 Rivercrest
WC #4 Hamburg

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
2nd 7 Nashville

Not sure why Arkadelphia w/b WC #3 & Bauxite WC #1? Badgers beat the miners just 2 weeks ago, convincingly.
Otherwise I like your setup. Some good teams will be left out, but overall it be a more competitive playoffs.

beach bum

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 05, 2018, 11:02:56 pm
Not sure why Arkadelphia w/b WC #3 & Bauxite WC #1? Badgers beat the miners just 2 weeks ago, convincingly.
Otherwise I like your setup. Some good teams will be left out, but overall it be a more competitive playoffs.

Definitely agree with you there. I did not do the WC's in any real order..... Just tried to space them out to not face other conference opponents too early. The thought of Arky and Warren a week early would be so much better. Looks like we'll all just have to wait one more week in real life.

hogfan10

Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2018, 11:05:38 pm

Definitely agree with you there. I did not do the WC's in any real order..... Just tried to space them out to not face other conference opponents too early. The thought of Arky and Warren a week early would be so much better. Looks like we'll all just have to wait one more week in real life.
Understand, it's a hypothetical. Not sure any of the WC games in this scenario w/b ideal, but I'd prefer the WC #4 slot over the WC #'s 1-3.

STUNNA

Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2018, 10:13:35 pm

I did not want to do any 1 vs 1 in the 1st round.... but I can see the love is still strong between the Jacks and Birds  ;D

Lol... without Burks they are feeling froggy.

SUGARTOWN

Gray lizard

2 wild cards from the 7 and 8 and no other conference represented I can hear the mass cry out now.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 06, 2018, 09:03:37 am
2 wild cards from the 7 and 8 and no other conference represented I can hear the mass cry out now.
Hard to cry out over something that will never happen. We will see more seeds added by AAA before something like this will occur. LOL

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 06, 2018, 06:38:53 am
Lol... without Burks they are feeling froggy.

Don't matter their record against Hembree is still horrible.

RZback

There was a time when only the top 2 teams from conferences went to the playoffs.   I think that is a bit too few but the system now with 5 and 6 from some classifications is really silly.  Teams without winning records make the playoffs.  I love reading the summaries on teams where it says things like, "made the playoffs 5 times"  yeah as the # 5 or 6 team and never with a winning record. 
I know everyone has their reasons why they like or dislike the playoff system but I'm just thinking you earn it, and a losing season isn't earning it.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2018, 10:12:05 pm
Lincoln would be my biggest snub. I just did not want to seem like a 1-4A homer.... No one get too upset cause this is just hypothetical  ;D .... If I had to put Lincoln in someone's place it would be Hamburg. Lincoln can prove their worth in real life by beating Hamburg Friday anyway. Go Wolves!!

Lincoln definitely has to prove their worth at Hamburg.  They might and I might eat crow but Hamburg beat HWH who put 60 on Warren.  They also lost to 5A Camden Fairview in overtime.  Lincolns best win was over PG who only went 5-5 this season, a very uncharacteristic PG team that gave up an average of 44.4 pts in its 5 losses.  Will probably come down to whether Lincolns passing game can do what it did to PG against Hamburg.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 06, 2018, 06:43:55 am
Ok, who picks the "wild cards"?
That's why a system like this would probably never see the light of day....too political.  It's the same reason you don't see "seeding" for the playoff brackets now.  jmo.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas