• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas @ Heber Springs

Started by Redskin2015, November 03, 2018, 03:14:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes this one?

Pocahontas
9 (18.4%)
Heber springs
40 (81.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 10, 2018, 02:14:56 pm

bigchief72455

Pocahontas 20
Heber Springs 31
Final
Heber could have probably scored at the end but showed some class and took a knee to run it out.

Redskin2015

One of pokeys most complete games of the year this young team showed a lot of promise tonight next year there should be some improvements, heber has probably the second best tailback I've watched this season they have a tough game ahead of them

HeberFan

Congrats to Pokey for putting up great effort in Cleburne County.  Skins blocked well and ran very hard. Team made very few mistakes. Apparently lots of underclassmen on the squad, so, 2019 looking good.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 08:33:34 am
Congrats to Pokey for putting up great effort in Cleburne County.  Skins blocked well and ran very hard. Team made very few mistakes. Apparently lots of underclassmen on the squad, so, 2019 looking good.
16 returning starters next season if I recall correctly. One did not play the entire season due to injury and he is quite an athlete.

HeberFan

Future looks good. How was your junior high team?

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 10:03:54 am
Future looks good. How was your junior high team?
They struggled a little but they lost their big scorer for the season early. The learning curve was huge for them because almost every starter on that team last year was a freshman. The 7th grade team looked really good. It was just a struggle in the high school this year for a team that is saturated with Sophomores. They have to grow. Huge difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old physically. The 10th graders are something special IMO. I know t doesn't always translate into high school but they ran rough shod over their conference in the 3 years in jr. high and that is no exaggeration.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 12, 2018, 10:22:10 am
They struggled a little but they lost their big scorer for the season early. The learning curve was huge for them because almost every starter on that team last year was a freshman. The 7th grade team looked really good. It was just a struggle in the high school this year for a team that is saturated with Sophomores. They have to grow. Huge difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old physically. The 10th graders are something special IMO. I know t doesn't always translate into high school but they ran rough shod over their conference in the 3 years in jr. high and that is no exaggeration.

Sounds great.  I'll ask the AAA not to schedule Heber and ya'll in the playoffs for a few years!

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 10:24:52 am
Sounds great.  I'll ask the AAA not to schedule Heber and ya'll in the playoffs for a few years!
You guys were great. Very well coached and your players were great sportsmen. It would not bother us to go back there again. Win or lose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas