• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs CAC. First round 2018 playoffs.

Started by AirWarren, November 02, 2018, 09:57:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Time to get the heads right and quit asking what if.

Time to make a run.

Let's go jacks!!!!!!

Jack1990

Time to start a new home win streak. Defend Jim Hurley Stadium!!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I don't see our D giving up 60pts again. Our O is still pretty good even with all the blown opportunities last night.

CAC went toe to toe with Stuttgart tonight and almost came away with a W.

It's playoff time!!!

cjohn1995

Superjack45

They had better prepare and get motivated more than they was Friday against HWH I tell you that much.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 03, 2018, 08:51:43 am
They had better prepare and get motivated more than they was Friday against HWH I tell you that much.
Yep! Have to stay motivated. What's done is done. We lost a game. It happens. New season is now!

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

What offenses and defenses are ran by CAC? Why was the game with Stuttgart so close? Heard the weather excuse, just curious about their players.

Kanndie39

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 04, 2018, 05:04:01 pm
What offenses and defenses are ran by CAC? Why was the game with Stuttgart so close? Heard the weather excuse, just curious about their players.
CAC runs the spread and a 3-4 defense

Coltfan2005

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 02, 2018, 10:14:04 pm
I don't see our D giving up 60pts again. Our O is still pretty good even with all the blown opportunities last night.

It's playoff time!!!

stuttgart ain't warren.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

Lows in the 30s Friday night.

Gonna be a cold opening morning too on the stand Saturday.

Redskin2015

I think warren has a lot of questions to answer, but I don't think we'll get the answers to those questions this week, warren by 28

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 04, 2018, 05:04:01 pm

You guys shouldn't have anything to worry about. Our game last Friday night was played in a mud pit. On a dry field your speed advantage will be more than enough.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on November 04, 2018, 07:06:39 pm
Lows in the 30s Friday night.

Gonna be a cold opening morning too on the stand Saturday.
The rut should be on opening week.

SwingTheAxe

Last week just felt so off. I know they wanted to go undefeated, but with them already having the conference won and the #1 seed, it just seemed like a very unmotivated team and even the crowd didn't seem in it until the 4th quarter. For that reason, I think we come out and see a new team and an energized crowd starting this Friday. Since Joe Adams ain't walkin through that door for CAC, I think we'll likely win by about 21-24 points.

footballdad2222

footballdad2222

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 02, 2018, 10:14:04 pm

It's playoff time!!!

And the helena kruegers went toe to toe with your warren team and put up 60 points.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: footballdad2222 on November 05, 2018, 09:01:13 am
And the helena kruegers went toe to toe with your warren team and put up 60 points.
We'll see who's who in the playoffs. Go Birds

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: footballdad2222 on November 05, 2018, 09:01:13 am
That's the reason I put an "again" in my post...

AirWarren

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 05, 2018, 09:39:15 am
We'll see who's who in the playoffs. Go Birds

Yessir, Everybody is 0-0.

The ones who want to play in December are talking about right now. Not games 1-10 weeks ago. The real season starts Friday.

Little Bear

November 05, 2018, 02:34:51 pm #22 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:36:52 pm by Little Bear
I've seen CAC play this year.   They are a pretty good team.    A lot more physical than most give them credit for.   They are undersized but scrappy and Warren will know they have been in a football game at the end.   I would say CAC is the best team out of the 5 seeds.    Warren should win but they won't coast through the game on a mercy rule.

Jlynn1128@gmail.com

Jacks play all of the starters and get the win and move on

KASH dba The Lumberjack

All the starters or not, we have to come out and play like we can.  Next man up!

razorback

The only way this game would be close, would be if it was played during soccer season.  Jacks cruise by three touchdowns and a Tinoco field goal.  Go Jacks!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Think that's what we were thinking before HWH showed up and they took us behind the wood shed. I still believe we are one of the better teams, but we have to play the way we played on '15 when we weren't supposed to win a game. Every game was a grind and we went to work in order to win.

AirWarren

November 07, 2018, 05:46:36 am #27 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:49:09 am by AirWarren
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 06, 2018, 09:26:07 pm
Think that's what we were thinking before HWH showed up and they took us behind the wood shed. I still believe we are one of the better teams, but we have to play the way we played on '15 when we weren't supposed to win a game. Every game was a grind and we went to work in order to win.
It didn't turn out like we wanted, but 2015 was a fun year. I feel like Warren has a few upcoming classes that have that 2015-2015 "refuse to lose" mentality. When you look at the 2001, 2002, 2014, 2016 teams, you see a lot of that mentality with majority of players with defined leadership.

I'm obviously partial to 2001, 2002, and my nephew's senior year but this group of kids and their classmates were very fun to watch.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/11/obu-defeats-sau-tp-remain-undefeated.html?m=1

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on November 07, 2018, 05:46:36 am
It didn't turn out like we wanted, but 2015 was a fun year. I feel like Warren has a few upcoming classes that have that 2015-2015 "refuse to lose" mentality. When you look at the 2001, 2002, 2014, 2016 teams, you see a lot of that mentality with majority of players with defined leadership.

I'm obviously partial to 2001, 2002, and my nephew's senior year but this group of kids and their classmates were very fun to watch.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/11/obu-defeats-sau-tp-remain-undefeated.html?m=1
The '15 season was so fun because we weren't supposed to win a game. Smackover was supposed to dominate us. Dumas even scheduled us for homecoming thinking it would be an easy win. If Peyton Hargis had been healthy I believe we beat Nashville and we would have made another trip to War Memorial.

JessieP

Superjack45

Superjack45

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 09, 2018, 05:41:00 am
Game Day Let's Get It Jacks!!!
Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2018, 07:37:48 am
Game day!!! Let's go jacks!!!!
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2018, 08:11:09 am
Let's go Jacks!!

You can always count on hearing from the Lumberjack cheerleaders on game day morning.  *Spirit Fingers*

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 09, 2018, 08:17:39 am
You can always count on hearing from the Lumberjack cheerleaders on game day morning.  *Spirit Fingers*
Glad it entertains you. Go bake those star shaped cookies for the kindergarteners.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Game day, let's Geaux Jacks! Let's saddle break these Mustangs and put them to work in the Lumberyard! Big game tonight, hope the stands are packed in Jim Hurley Jr.

New season starts in a few hours. All we gotta go is 5-0 for title #5! Let's get it Jacks!

OrangeCrush, man, y'all better be focused on Elkins. The Elks are the kinda team Nashville hasn't faired so we'll against in the play-offs in recent years. Lincoln in 2013, Dardanelle in 2014, Pea ridge in 2016, Booneville in 2017.......I'd be sweating a little bit if I were y'all.

Lumberjackfan1978

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 09, 2018, 09:17:50 am
Game day, let's Geaux Jacks! Let's saddle break these Mustangs and put them to work in the Lumberyard! Big game tonight, hope the stands are packed in Jim Hurley Jr.

New season starts in a few hours. All we gotta go is 5-0 for title #5! Let's get it Jacks!

OrangeCrush, man, y'all better be focused on Elkins. The Elks are the kinda team Nashville hasn't faired so we'll against in the play-offs in recent years. Lincoln in 2013, Dardanelle in 2014, Pea ridge in 2016, Booneville in 2017.......I'd be sweating a little bit if I were y'all.

Elkins runs a spread offense and throws the ball.  That's nothing like any of the teams you mentioned.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 09, 2018, 09:22:48 am
Elkins runs a spread offense and throws the ball.  That's nothing like any of the teams you mentioned.

Offensive style might be different true, but I'm talking about that region (River Valley, NWA). Teams from that area have given the Scrappers fits here recently. A lot of those teams are no nonsense, hard nosed teams that can make up with grit and determination what they might lack athletically. I think Nashville is in for a 4 quarter game tonight and it won't surprise me if the Scrappers take an L. Nothing against Nashville, have a ton of respect for them but I feel they're in trouble this evening. Just my opinion though.

Ladyfan

GotInfo?

This should be a great game.  Gonna try and get over to watch it.

TrenchHogs

Warren vs Helena West Helena at War Memorial. Would love to see Warren take it to them in the rematch.

AirWarren

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 09, 2018, 11:44:19 am
Warren vs Helena West Helena at War Memorial. Would love to see Warren take it to them in the rematch.

Whoa whoa...one week at a time, lol.

Great enthusiasm but we are in a cross country meet, not a sprint...yet. ha.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 09, 2018, 10:05:21 am
Offensive style might be different true, but I'm talking about that region (River Valley, NWA). Teams from that area have given the Scrappers fits here recently. A lot of those teams are no nonsense, hard nosed teams that can make up with grit and determination what they might lack athletically. I think Nashville is in for a 4 quarter game tonight and it won't surprise me if the Scrappers take an L. Nothing against Nashville, have a ton of respect for them but I feel they're in trouble this evening. Just my opinion though.
2013 Lincoln - worst Nashville team in 25 years, also probably Dawson's worst coaching year ever
2014 Dardanelle - Dardanelle was better, not many teams could stand up to that team
2016 Pea Ridge - Nashville had a really bad defense, and as a team was overconfident after mercy ruling Pea Ridge the year before
2017 Booneville - Booneville was better, Nashville was one dimensional on offense

I don't think those teams exposed a weakness, I think those were just the first teams that Nashville ran into that happened to be better.

But let's not talk about 2015... This year's team and defense reminds me a lot of 2015.  This team has the toughness and mentality of 2015.

TrenchHogs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2018, 11:53:33 am
Whoa whoa...one week at a time, lol.

Great enthusiasm but we are in a cross country meet, not a sprint...yet. ha.

Haha. All or nothing I reckon.

Little Bear

This game actually intrigues me. 

CAC is peaking in the second half of the season.   Beating Lonoke, Bald Knob and taking Stuttgart to the last play of the game.   

Warren needs to prove they are....well.....Warren!   

Could be a blow out or it could come down to the wire.      4A playoffs are the most competetive out of all the classes.           

DuckGuide22

I don't expect warren to have trouble tonight but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they do. It's not really the fact that warren is missing burks talent, it's the fact that other teams don't have to worry about it. Before teams had to focus on him and it created openings for other athletes. Now, they have to create their own and have had trouble doing so. Good luck to both teams and although I would love to see a CAC victory I'm not going to hold my breath. I just hope to see the jacks in a couple of weeks on the Grand Prairie

STUNNA

Warren looking a lot more focused tonight so far

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas