• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian @ Pea Ridge for 1-4A Conference Championship

Started by BigGuy22, November 01, 2018, 11:56:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

What are the thoughts on the game? Keys to win for both teams? Its gonna be a battle all game long and I think it will come down to the last drive, kind of like last seasons game. BUT I think Pea Ridge pulls this out in a close one! 27-21

SUGARTOWN

nuttinbuthogs

Shiloh wins this one.  They have a better team both on offense and defense. Based on the games against the wolves I think Shiloh by 1t least 14 points.  Better defense and offense.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Hog Lefty

After the Texarkana game, Shiloh's 1st team defense has only given up a total of 14 points the entire season.  I don't see PR scoring more than 7 points.  Shiloh 35-7

Stealthfan

Anything can happen but unless there are extraordinary external circumstances that happen, don't be surprised if SC mercy rules PR. 

RZback

This game can go any direction.  Shiloh could win by 2-3 scores or if PR plays without errors and TO's they can have a chance to steal it.  I think it hangs more on how well PR plays, I expect Shiloh to play well.

beach bum

If Shiloh somehow comes out and wins comfortably... Let's say at least a 20 point win that tells me they can go toe to toe with anyone in the playoffs. I am not even saying they are a state title contender, just the mere thought if they can easily go through conference winning by 20 plus all season that tells me they'll give anyone fits how wide open 4A is.

Razorback Red

Just jumped over here to the 4A board to read about this game, I haven't seen either team play this season.  Sounds like most are picking Shiloh, but PR I'm sure will put up a fight. 

I plan to go watch one of them next week (BHS and West both have a bye) if they both host a playoff game.  I'll need some help on what might be the best matchup. 

Good luck to both teams, I hope it's a close game late and may the best team win. 

beach bum

The game just got even more valuable.... Loser plays HWH in a week and they just rang up 60 on Warren.

CoachRH

Quote from: beach bum on November 01, 2018, 03:21:17 pm
If Shiloh somehow comes out and wins comfortably... Let's say at least a 20 point win that tells me they can go toe to toe with anyone in the playoffs. I am not even saying they are a state title contender, just the mere thought if they can easily go through conference winning by 20 plus all season that tells me they'll give anyone fits how wide open 4A is.
Agreed!!!!
Shiloh has the ability to go as far as State!  They are well coached, execute well and make very little mistakes.
Depending on weather, injuries, and bad luck they could go all the way!
They also have some positions on both sides of the ball that are 2-3 deep that are not a significant drop from their Starters!

HeberFan

bulldoghistorian

HeberFan

If Shiloh wins the rest of their games, I predict they will be state champs!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: HeberFan on November 02, 2018, 12:51:35 pm

If Shiloh wins the rest of their games, I predict they will be state champs!

I'm going to have to disagree with you... Just because...

HeberFan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2018, 12:57:24 pm
I'm going to have to disagree with you... Just because...

You are right. Might be disqualified for using an illegal transfer student as their kicker ?

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on November 02, 2018, 07:55:57 am
The game just got even more valuable.... Loser plays HWH in a week and they just rang up 60 on Warren.

HWH also lost to Hamburg and Dumas who both were defeated by Warren.  So bad night or missing players or what?

RZback

$aintMaximu$

Any fearless posters want to meet up at this one let me know...  Send me a PM and Ill give you my cell...

bilboswaggins

Pea Ridge isn't even close to the same level as Shiloh this year.

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 02, 2018, 04:56:26 pm
Any fearless posters want to meet up at this one let me know...  Send me a PM and Ill give you my cell...
If you have the time amongst your many requests I can meet up

CoachRH

Not a crisp game for Shiloh tonight but still as expected 49-13.

~WPS~

$aintMaximu$

BigGuy22

I wouldn't say all of the 1-4A is down. Shiloh is obviously a really good football team. And Pea Ridge I wouldn't say is down either. They have a very solid defense, and lets be honest, trying to stop Shiloh's Offense is REALLY hard to scheme and just stop in general. Pea Ridge had a HUGE setback mid-season losing their starting qb and one of the main WRs to a "personal choice" off the field. So that completely takes away PRs passing game so they had to stick solely to the run game and Shiloh had to do and did stack the box and they stopped PR's Offense. But on the bright side PR gets those players back that I mentioned earlier. So that can bring back the passing and hopefully balance the offense a little. But alot of credit to Shiloh, they are a very good team and have a great chance of making a run.

iivydriff

The 1-4a looks to be way down to me. I hope I'm wrong come playoff time.

beach bum

Shiloh is in the mix with about 5 or 6 others to win the whole thing.... 4A is as wide open as its been in a while. They'll be really tested starting in the quarterfinals. Hate to say it, but Pea Ridge is going to have its hands full with HWH's duel threat QB

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I was pretty disappointed with Pea Ridge last night. The moment looked too big for PR. Bad snaps put them in a hole and then they completely change strategy and play in a phone booth?? Big goof by the scouting department.
I feel like Shiloh was coached better because they jumped out early and knew what matchups to exploit. I feel like I really only got to watch Shiloh's offense vs Pea Ridge's defense. I got half a game.

But I have to ask, WHY would you go cover 0 on third and long against a team that is clearly faster????

RZback

Just a few thoughts on the conference and the game between PR and Shiloh. 
Conference is down for sure from what we are used to for the last 10 years or so.  Shiloh is very good and is the best team in conference for sure. Obviously!
I think PR didn't play well and they got off to a really bad start.  Having to rely so heavily on the run game made it even more difficult.  Allowing Shiloh to score on the opening drive and then the pair of bad snaps that gave the ball to Shiloh so close to the goal.  Down 14-0 quickly and never were able to recover.  At 28-13 PR just couldn't get the offense on track to get back in it.  Good game for the Saints. Very tough defensive team.

Now how does the conference do in the playoffs?

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on November 03, 2018, 02:12:37 pm
Just a few thoughts on the conference and the game between PR and Shiloh. 
Conference is down for sure from what we are used to for the last 10 years or so.  Shiloh is very good and is the best team in conference for sure. Obviously!
I think PR didn't play well and they got off to a really bad start.  Having to rely so heavily on the run game made it even more difficult.  Allowing Shiloh to score on the opening drive and then the pair of bad snaps that gave the ball to Shiloh so close to the goal.  Down 14-0 quickly and never were able to recover.  At 28-13 PR just couldn't get the offense on track to get back in it.  Good game for the Saints. Very tough defensive team.

Now how does the conference do in the playoffs?

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=157745.0

nuttinbuthogs

I'm  thinking the 4A-1 is going to prove its better than people have been giving credit.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2018, 05:51:59 pm
I'm  thinking the 4A-1 is going to prove its better than people have been giving credit.

They will have to all play their best.

CoachRH

Quote from: RZback on November 03, 2018, 07:28:29 pm
They will have to all play their best.
Agreed, watching this conference I only see one team!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas