• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Pick um week 11

Started by Gray lizard, October 29, 2018, 08:03:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

October 29, 2018, 08:03:01 am Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:57:01 pm by Gray lizard
  1.  Shoe21                                  275
  2. Atheleticsupporter                   265
  3. The Coach                              240
  4. rskyb33                                 235
  5. Lumberjackfan1978                230
  6. X14113                                  225
  7. elvis                                      215
  8. Graylizard                              210
  9. bilboswaggins                         195
  9. 3Dollar                                   195
11. Horsefeathers                         150
11. Thatoneguy                            150
13. Apache4life                            145
14. Devils                                    135
15. Crosset Eagle                           25

This weeks games.  Bonus game of the week Waldron @ Dover Thursday games this week get your picks in.

Dardanelle @ Mena
Waldron @ Dover
Ozark @ Elkins
Subiaco @ Pottsville

Good luck!

Coach9586

Mena @ Dardy (21)
Waldron (14) @ Dover
Ozark (14) @ Elkins
Subi @ Pottsville (35)

Shoe21

Dardanelle by 21
Waldron by 14
Ozark by 17
Pottsville by 35

Gray lizard

Dardanelle          21
Waldron              16
Ozark                 17
Pottsville             30

The Coach

Dardanelle by 20
Waldron by 6
Ozark by 14
Pottsville by 41

Apache4Life

Dardanelle by 35
Waldron  by 30
Pottsville by 37
Ozark by 30

elvis26

;D  dar 21 Waldron 14 elkins 7 potts 31

athletic supporter

Dardanelle 17
Waldron 22
Ozark 21
Pottsville 34

3 Dollar

Sand Lizards - 15
Bulldogs - 6
Hillbillies - 21
Apaches - 32

bilboswaggins

Dardanelle 21
Waldron 21
Ozark 7
Pottsville 35

rskyb33

Mena @ Dardanelle                 Dardanelle by 21
Waldron @ Dover                    Waldron by 17
Ozark @ Elkins                        Ozark by  28
Subiaco @ Pottsville                 Pottsville by 35

x14113

November 01, 2018, 12:28:31 pm #11 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 02:30:14 pm by x14113
News of the latest ADE numbers are looming in the edge of my mind.

All the more reason to take care of this...!

Dardanelle (28) @ Mena
It turns out that win over Elkins has prove greatly beneficial for the Bearcats, because it has now put them in position to play for the 2nd seed. In order to claim it, though, they'll need to demonstrate how much they've improved in the 2nd half of the season. While the offense has shown a few signs since getting held to 14 points at Pottsville, it has yet to show what it could now do in the face of a strong defense. On the flipside, the defense has prove it needs two weeks to prepare for a good offense, lest they be shredded. Alas, Mena only gets one week to prepare for the best team they've faced since Ozark. Look for the Lizards to gain momentum as they get ready for the playoffs.

Waldron (1) @ Dover
This is a tough one to call, even with nothing on the line. The Bulldog defense has gotten a bad rap since early in the season, allowing season highs to teams with otherwise poor records. However, the Pirate defense is starting to take on even more water, allowing an average of 51 PPG over the last five weeks. How well Dover has adjusted back to the spread will be key.

Ozark (18) @ Elkins
Thanks to Mena and Dardy, this game doesn't the playoff implications it otherwise could have. For the one team whose seeding could change, said seed would depend more on the outcomes of other games. Still, there is a lot to play for in the Pig Trail Rumble: The Hillbillies want to wrap up an outright conference title, while the Elks look to maintain an unblemished record in their refurbished digs. The key will lie in how the Ozark offense responds to whatever tricks the Elkins defense may have up its sleeve.

Subiaco @ Pottsville (28)
In taking out two weeks of frustration on Dover, the Apaches have secured their 9th straight playoff berth, the longest streak among current conference teams. While other outcomes will play into the final seeding, Pottsville can get a chance to avoid 5th with a win over a Trojan side struggling on defense.

HSFBF

Everyone is saying Mena at or @ Dardanelle, but the school schedules say definitely Dardanelle AT Mena and it is Senior Night for Mena, just like Dardanelle had Sr. Night last week against Elkins. So some of you might want to "revamp" your score estimates and lower your point spread of a Dardanelle win... I do hope you are right and Dardanelle can go on the road and march up and down the field at Mena. LOL   ;)

SUGARTOWN

Are the games in this conference Thursday or Friday games?

x14113

Waldron @ Dover is tonight; the others will be tomorrow night.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: x14113 on November 01, 2018, 01:25:40 pm
Waldron @ Dover is tonight; the others will be tomorrow night.

Thanks

Truthfully

Yes, team pages clearly show Dardy is AT Mena. So could be tough game for Dardanelle. But Dardy is a good 'grind it out' team and hopefully can play good defense.

Gray lizard

Quote from: HSFBF on November 01, 2018, 12:32:54 pm
Everyone is saying Mena at or @ Dardanelle, but the school schedules say definitely Dardanelle AT Mena and it is Senior Night for Mena, just like Dardanelle had Sr. Night last week against Elkins. So some of you might want to "revamp" your score estimates and lower your point spread of a Dardanelle win... I do hope you are right and Dardanelle can go on the road and march up and down the field at Mena. LOL   ;)

Sorry I listed that wrong and did not notice.  I knew the lizards traveled for this game.  I will take the blame.

SoftballCrazy

Have they come out with enrollment numbers yet? I am curious how all this washes out in a year or two

Quote from: x14113 on November 01, 2018, 12:28:31 pm
News of the latest ADE numbers are looming in the edge of my mind.

All the more reason to take care of this...!

Dardanelle (28) @ Mena
It turns out that win over Elkins has prove greatly beneficial for the Bearcats, because it has now put them in position to play for the 2nd seed. In order to claim it, though, they'll need to demonstrate how much they've improved in the 2nd half of the season. While the offense has shown a few signs since getting held to 14 points at Pottsville, it has yet to show what it could now do in the face of a strong defense. On the flipside, the defense has prove it needs two weeks to prepare for a good offense, lest they be shredded. Alas, Mena only gets one week to prepare for the best team they've faced since Ozark. Look for the Lizards to gain momentum as they get ready for the playoffs.

Waldron (1) @ Dover
This is a tough one to call, even with nothing on the line. The Bulldog defense has gotten a bad rap since early in the season, allowing season highs to teams with otherwise poor records. However, the Pirate defense is starting to take on even more water, allowing an average of 51 PPG over the last five weeks. How well Dover has adjusted back to the spread will be key.

Ozark (18) @ Elkins
Thanks to Mena and Dardy, this game doesn't the playoff implications it otherwise could have. For the one team whose seeding could change, said seed would depend more on the outcomes of other games. Still, there is a lot to play for in the Pig Trail Rumble: The Hillbillies want to wrap up an outright conference title, while the Elks look to maintain an unblemished record in their refurbished digs. The key will lie in how the Ozark offense responds to whatever tricks the Elkins defense may have up its sleeve.

Subiaco @ Pottsville (28)
In taking out two weeks of frustration on Dover, the Apaches have secured their 9th straight playoff berth, the longest streak among current conference teams. While other outcomes will play into the final seeding, Pottsville can get a chance to avoid 5th with a win over a Trojan side struggling on defense.

x14113

Quote from: SoftballCrazy on November 02, 2018, 10:03:50 pm
Have they come out with enrollment numbers yet? I am curious how all this washes out in a year or two

The AAA hasn't released anything yet, but the ADE has released this year's enrollments.

It takes a while to crunch 'em, and I've been busy, but they reveal some juicy bits

For example: The 4A-3 will get much stronger in two years.

beach bum

I didn't know where really to post this, but that story about that young man from Pottsville is incredible who was injured in accident during the summer. His will to live and attitude is something special along with all the support he was given. Sounds like with his attitude he will do great things in the future.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas