• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A week 10

Started by prHOG13, October 27, 2018, 12:14:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

As always week 10 is primed for some big matchups with huge playoff implications. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, and 5 seed looking to be locked up by Gentry. If Gravette pulls off the upset by 13, it'd be a 3 way tie and a big mess.

Shiloh @ Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove @ Lincoln
Gentry @ Gravette
Green Forest @ Berryville

Looking forward to a wild finish to conference play.

Stealthfan

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 27, 2018, 12:14:29 am
As always week 10 is primed for some big matchups with huge playoff implications. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, and 5 seed looking to be locked up by Gentry. If Gravette pulls off the upset by 13, it'd be a 3 way tie and a big mess.

Shiloh @ Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove @ Lincoln
Gentry @ Gravette
Green Forest @ Berryville

Looking forward to a wild finish to conference play.

Shiloh
Lincoln
Gentry
Berryville

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

How bad will the bottom matchups be? Can Gentry or Berryville mercy rule Gravette and Green Forest?

Furthermore, do we see Lincoln replace Gravette to consistently be a top half team?

beach bum

Can't believe I am typing this.... But Lincoln by 7. They're going to come out and play like its their Super Bowl.

beach bum

Shiloh by 20
Gentry by 24
Berryville by 13

Hawk4L

PR by 6   
The rest of the games don't matter none of them gonna do anything in playoffs

beach bum

October 27, 2018, 04:42:18 pm #6 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:44:48 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Hawk4L on October 27, 2018, 04:33:20 pm
PR by 6   
The rest of the games don't matter none of them gonna do anything in playoffs

I am throwing out the biggest upset in the playoffs will be the 1-4A's 4 seed of either PG or Lincoln upsetting Ozark in the 2nd round to make it to the quarterfinals. I have seen 1 seeds come out flat that got a bye plus Ozark is not your typical, stout #1 seed. They are prime for an upset if they come out flat after their first round bye.

Stealthfan

That would be great to see and could happen.

beach bum

October 30, 2018, 06:51:54 pm #8 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:53:59 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Stealthfan on October 27, 2018, 06:00:27 pm
That would be great to see and could happen.

The 4 seed in the 1-4A may just be in the wimpiest game of the whole first round so they definitely have a shot to win there..... Then like I said I have seen some weird performances from those first round bye teams so you would have to get them a punchers chance there with Ozark who is a pretty soft team if you are going by 1 seed standards.  If you are Lincoln or Prairie Grove it'd almost be better to play a competitive game and lose a tight game if you want to have a shot of playing in the quarterfinals. The 1-4A's three seed will get blasted in round 2 if they even can get past round 1.

nuttinbuthogs

Shiloh beats PR by 14, just a better team
Lincoln beats PG by 14, PG pass defense is going to be challenged
Berryville beats GF by 28
Gentry beats Gravette by 21

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: beach bum on October 30, 2018, 06:51:54 pm

The 4 seed in the 1-4A may just be in the wimpiest game of the whole first round so they definitely have a shot to win there..... Then like I said I have seen some weird performances from those first round bye teams so you would have to get them a punchers chance there with Ozark who is a pretty soft team if you are going by 1 seed standards.  If you are Lincoln or Prairie Grove it'd almost be better to play a competitive game and lose a tight game if you want to have a shot of playing in the quarterfinals. The 1-4A's three seed will get blasted in round 2 if they even can get past round 1.

I'm not so sure about either team beating Ozark.  Ozarks 2 loses are to Booneville by about 20 and Charleston by 1 I believe.  I just don't think PG or Lincoln can play with those two teams and for that reason I think they will have a hard time with Ozark.  PG has a better history in the playoffs, but I just am not sure about Lincolns overall game against upper level teams this year. Will be hard for them to pull off.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Priarie Grove has a history of playoff success and Lincoln's players have never been to the playoffs: they don't have the standard of just getting to the playoffs and that being enough. They have beaten the bad teams quite handily. I think both teams would definitely have a good shot at beating Ozark.

SUGARTOWN

So you guys are just assuming a 1st round win?

RZback

Shiloh v Pea Ridge,  could be a very good game.  PR has to not hurt themselves with penalties or turnovers and I think they will be in the game with a chance to win.
PG v Lincoln,  got to go with history and tradition. PG will outlast Lincoln by 14, with a late score to make the larger margin.
Berryville v Green Forest, Berryville by 21
Gentry v Gravette, Gentry by 21

Playoffs will be interesting to see how good the conference is.  I think Shiloh and PR win their first games, beyond that I don't know.

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 01, 2018, 01:25:05 pm
So you guys are just assuming a 1st round win?

Not exactly.... At least a competitive, close one in the 1st round. Whoever gets past that can play with Ozark too.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on November 01, 2018, 03:15:34 pm
PG v Lincoln,  got to go with history and tradition. PG will outlast Lincoln by 14, with a late score to make the larger margin.

Dead wrong!!!!!  Anybody know how long its been since Lincoln won this game?  Now maybe they get some respect.

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2018, 04:38:20 pm
Dead wrong!!!!!  Anybody know how long its been since Lincoln won this game?  Now maybe they get some respect.

It's either 1994 or 1995. I can't remember (someone older than I will know the exact year).... My hunch tells me this won't be the only time the Wolves beat PG in the coming years either.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on November 03, 2018, 04:39:57 pm
It's either 1994 or 1995. I can't remember (someone older than I will know the exact year).... My hunch tells me this won't be the only time the Wolves beat PG in the coming years either.

Are you saying you think Lincoln has gotten that good or that PG is going to stay down for a while?

prHOG13

Quote from: RZback on November 03, 2018, 05:41:55 pm
Are you saying you think Lincoln has gotten that good or that PG is going to stay down for a while?
Little column A, little column B. PG is well coached and will be competitive, just not going to be a top 2 team in the conference the next couple years unless something drastic changes. We'll see what happens in the next reclassification.

Lincoln has a very good skill guys in 9th-11th. Losing Loyd will be big next season but I see them being a top 3 team in the conference the next two seasons. Of course they need to keep those kids in the program, that's been an issue in the past as well.

ghostoffootballpast

How did the jr high teams finish this season in 1-4A?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on November 03, 2018, 10:48:08 pm
How did the jr high teams finish this season in 1-4A?

Shiloh played PG for the conference championship Thursday.  Shiloh won 21-13. The other team that stood out to me this season was Green Forest,  I was very surprised that we didn't play them for the championship.

CoachRH

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 04, 2018, 12:23:54 pm
Shiloh played PG for the conference championship Thursday.  Shiloh won 21-13. The other team that stood out to me this season was Green Forest,  I was very surprised that we didn't play them for the championship.
Agreed, I also heard the 7th graders won every conference game and scored like 210 points on offense and only giving up like 24 in all their games. That's pretty stout!

Hawk4L

PR beat Green Forest in jr high.  PR has a solid freshman class. Very good Qb and rb

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh Mercy ruled every conference opponent.  I wonder when the last time this happened for any of the conference champs?  I know they did back in 2009, 2010, 2011 but has PG or PR had a run that was this lopsided?  Or in any other conference for that matter. 

whippersnapper

Looks like PG runner up team did in 2015.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas