• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett at Star City. Thursday

Started by Sports Guru, October 26, 2018, 10:10:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

Battle for 5th seed. Let's get it going.

Crossett tends to slip in an beat Star City when we play for 5th seed.  This should be a good game.

GO EAGLES

Bulldog92

If the right SC team shows up it will be a good game!!

cjohn1995

October 27, 2018, 01:23:15 am #2 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:29:24 am by cjohn1995
This will be a good game. Hard to pick but I say SC by 6.

Sports Guru

Im gonna say that Crossett defense shows up ready and Stokes throws the ball for at least 200 yards for a Eagle win by 4 points.

Crossett 20 Star City 16

Eaglemaniac

Does it really matter? Whichever team wins will get the dog snot beat out of them in the first round of the playoffs. Not much to look forward to.

cjohn1995

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 27, 2018, 03:55:15 pm
Does it really matter? Whichever team wins will get the dog snot beat out of them in the first round of the playoffs. Not much to look forward to.
True

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 27, 2018, 04:44:20 pm
True

cjohn1995 what is sad is Crossett could have beaten Central and been playing for 4th place. Unforced turnovers doomed them. The Cougars gave them plenty of opportunities to take that game.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 27, 2018, 06:34:08 pm
cjohn1995 what is sad is Crossett could have beaten Central and been playing for 4th place. Unforced turnovers doomed them. The Cougars gave them plenty of opportunities to take that game.
We were running the ball good against the Cougars and we broke away from it and started throwing... throwing interceptions..

Full-get-it

Of course you gone run it pretty good when you down 3 or 4 scores in the second half and the other team has back ups in.

Dogpound2010

Dewitt almost beat crossett and  star city run the ball down Dewitt's throat all niight didn't even have to pass to beat them...

Sports Guru

Quote from: Full-get-it on October 27, 2018, 08:40:51 pm
Of course you gone run it pretty good when you down 3 or 4 scores in the second half and the other team has back ups in.
No in the first quarter we were moving good with the run and instead of running more we started passing

Sports Guru

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on October 27, 2018, 09:01:24 pm
Dewitt almost beat crossett and  star city run the ball down Dewitt's throat all niight didn't even have to pass to beat them...
Same thing happened last year we barley won 15-12 in OT and beat Star City 23-14 anything can happen. Star City beat DeWitt 49-20 last year, worse than we beat them.

Deanna C

Should be a good game can't wait till Thursday. Go Crossett.

Eaglefreak

Wonder if we'll get to see the Freshman quarterback they say is pretty good.  Matter of fact why dont they start all the Freshman that have been winning forever.  They talk about the "fabulous freshman" well lets see the quarterback that can throw and run the ball.  They call that a dual threat and he is truly that!   So what he's a freshman, he can take THIS team deep into the playoffs.

mossflyer

Dogpound2010

Bulldog92

What Freshman QB???  Unless you are talking about Crossett's team you have no idea what you are talking about!

Dogpound2010

I think he talking about crossett freshman qb

Sports Guru

October 29, 2018, 09:32:19 pm #18 Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:33:54 pm by Crossett Eagle
Yea he is talking about our freshman qb. He is the real deal but I doubt they'll play him this week.

Sports Guru

Even with him we won't go deep into the playoffs not this year if we beat Star City, either Shiloh or Pea Ridge will be awaiting to whip us silly!!

Eaglefreak

Dont sleep on him, this kid is amazing and really should be the starter, he's just that good.  Crossett has never had someone like this at qb. He is gonna rip through the 4A like a chain saw.  He a real playmaker.  Sometimes all a team like Crossett with all that talent needs is that spark, and he is it.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglefreak on October 29, 2018, 10:03:12 pm
Dont sleep on him, this kid is amazing and really should be the starter, he's just that good.  Crossett has never had someone like this at qb. He is gonna rip through the 4A like a chain saw.  He a real playmaker.  Sometimes all a team like Crossett with all that talent needs is that spark, and he is it.

I do believe we will be a whole lot better next year!!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on October 29, 2018, 10:38:46 pm
I do believe we will be a whole lot better next year!!
I think both of us will! Sooner than later, this game will be for a higher seed, I really believe.

goldoline

Crossett will be out-coached.  Star City-24, Crossett-13

Sports Guru

Quote from: goldoline on October 30, 2018, 04:43:24 am
Crossett will be out-coached.  Star City-24, Crossett-13
If our defense can stop the Bulldogs run it will be closer than you think. If our receivers catch the ball and the Eagles limit turnovers this week we can pull the win out.

green-eagle

DAD! IS THAT YOU!

GREAT!

AirWarren

Will he now......?

BirdFlu

The best freshman i saw play all year was #34 for warren. That kid is the real deal

Eaglefreak

green-eagle

in all seriousness, I am looking forward for these freshmen to advance to senior high play.... but two things must change for Crossett...

and those things are:
..... WE MUST CATCH THE BALL!....

okay only one thing......

bulldoghistorian

Eaglemaniac

cjohn1995

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 31, 2018, 09:23:38 pm
You can follow at  http://www.crossettradio.com/ as well.
I switch over from the lions game on qlite from time to time and keep up with y'all. Should be some good games tonight. Good luck.

bulldoghistorian

Crossett has ended our season the last 2 years, time for Star City to end Crossett's this year! Go Dogs!!

TheShreckoning

Star City by 6 in a hard fought, down to the wire game.  Star City's offense is lead by a raw center who is hungry for a win.

Maynard G Krebs

I'm picking Star City.  Nothing to do with the team.  Only because in Star City, you can go in a convenience store that has a McDonalds and it sells deer corn too.

Senior Roger

November 01, 2018, 02:18:28 pm #36 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 02:23:38 pm by Senior Roger
Quote from: TheShreckoning on November 01, 2018, 01:59:36 pm
Star City by 6 in a hard fought, down to the wire game.  Star City's offense is lead by a raw center who is hungry for a win.

TheShreckoning

November 01, 2018, 02:21:55 pm #37 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:01:03 pm by TheShreckoning

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: cjohn1995 on November 01, 2018, 10:40:49 am
I switch over from the lions game on qlite from time to time and keep up with y'all. Should be some good games tonight. Good luck.

I was going the y'alls game but the weather has kept me at home!!

Sports Guru

Deanna C

The refs always cheat Crossett out of games.
Star city is another team that doesn't know any class.
Star city talked smack to Crossett players the whole game.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Sports Guru

Star City heads to Northwest Arkansas next week

15-6 Dogs

Refs did miss alot of calls in this game. Crossett off-season starts now.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 01, 2018, 09:42:23 pm
Star City heads to Northwest Arkansas next week

15-6 Dogs

Refs did miss alot of calls in this game. Crossett off-season starts now.

Can't blame this on the refs. We sucked tonight.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on November 01, 2018, 09:44:06 pm
Can't blame this on the refs. We sucked tonight.
Crossett did not even show up for this one for sure I do agree. I'm just saying holding and facemask were missed on a few occasions. Star City kept mouthing off at multiple Eagle players that's why Crossett was getting upset.

bulldoghistorian

That was one of the ugliest games I have ever seen! But, a win is a win is a win!

bulldoghistorian

Playoff bound for the 1st time since 2015!!

Eaglefreak

We're losing to teams we should beat by 30 points.  2 wins is unacceptable and not just that we're losing, it's the way we're losing.  Low energy to energy, even at the start of games theres no energy.  Crossett was always known for it's spirit but now it's like the team and the fans have no spirit.  Its like there afraid to have spirit.  This is not Crossett Eagle football.

Sports Guru

Good luck to:

Warren
Dumas
Hamburg
West Helena
Star City

In the playoffs y'all go represent the 8-4A, I'm headed to the basketball board.

green-eagle

Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 01, 2018, 11:38:52 pm
We're losing to teams we should beat by 30 points.  2 wins is unacceptable and not just that we're losing, it's the way we're losing.  Low energy to energy, even at the start of games theres no energy.  Crossett was always known for it's spirit but now it's like the team and the fans have no spirit.  Its like there afraid to have spirit.  This is not Crossett Eagle football.

I agree there was no energy.... Star City got into Crossett head early and SC won that game.

for the last five years.... this game meant something, either a seeding or even just getting into the playoff. AS for as game calling, the Refs did play a part, but Crossett got away with a few calls as well, so a I give it a draw.

SC running game was excellent, they ran that offense quite well and it's good to see SC's RB running with their pads lowered and spinning. Crossett's RB has for several years running in a upright position.... not good.

We abandoned the run and again condition was not right for the deep pass...... we miss a great opportunity the last two years in developing a TE with number 8. If we moved him in, that six yards dump pass was meant at least three additional wins per seasons.... but what do we know.

Great game to the Dogs and best of luck!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas