• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite @ Arkadelphia!

Started by JoeWho, October 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

October 26, 2018, 09:02:43 am #50 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:09:51 am by ~WPS~
I think Bauxite is probably the better team but you have to wonder if they can play up to the same level they did last week. You know they had been looking forward to that game all year. It's not easy to play your best 3 weeks in a row.

I think we will know more about Bauxite from tonight than last week.

moneyminers

Inform me, what does this game do to conference standings and championships wise if the outcome goes in favor of Bauxite and if it goes in favor of Arky as well.

hogfan10

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 26, 2018, 07:28:19 am
42-28 Miners

I might be proven wrong, but I just don't see that score happening.
Unless Arkadelphia's offense helps Bauxite out w/multiple turnovers (see Benton, Wynne, Nashville), I don't see Bauxite sniffing 40+ points in this game.

mharris31696

Quote from: moneyminers on October 26, 2018, 10:17:01 am
Inform me, what does this game do to conference standings and championships wise if the outcome goes in favor of Bauxite and if it goes in favor of Arky as well.

Bauxite wins they win conference (#1seed),  a loss tonight and a win next week still gets them the #1 seed. Arkadelphia wins it keeps them alive for a #2 seed. Still would need Nashville to win next week at Bauxite for that to happen. An Arkadelphia loss and most likely they are the 4 seed.

Mr. Mercer

October 26, 2018, 12:44:10 pm #54 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:48:33 pm by Mr. Mercer
Bauxite win, They're the 1
Bauxite loss they've got to win next week to be the 1

Arkadelphia has to win out and hope Robinson or Bauxite loses their last two to even have a chance at the 2. They lose this week they can still be the three if Robinson beats HG and Bauxite beats Nashville. Will come down to Tie Break points and then head to head then.

beaverfan007

Bauxite plays keep away from badgers and win 35-28

justafan33

Practice is done, preparation is final, tonight shall be a great ballgame between two solid teams. If the Miners go down and control the ball and win the line of scrimmage,  they will walk away conference champions. This hasn't been,  nor will be an easy task.  But those boys from Bauxite are hungry for the title.  Go Miners.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 26, 2018, 02:42:20 pm
Bauxite plays keep away from badgers and win 35-28
Get out of my head! My thoughts exactly! Safe travels Miners!

mossflyer

I've got a feeling Bauxite will have to wait until next week to wrap up the conference title.

richboy

Badgers by 21 Arkadelphia beats bauxite the worse than any other team since 2012 plus we're better at stopping the run.

AirWarren

$aintMaximu$

mossflyer

Bauxite 6
Arkadelphia 3

4:50, 2nd

beaverfan007

gerber707

Will someone please report scores to the score thread

AirWarren

mossflyer

Not much scoring. 10-6. Arkadelphia. Start of 4th

richboy

Quote from: mossflyer on October 26, 2018, 08:41:20 pm
Not much scoring. 10-6. Arkadelphia. Start of 4th
Badgers 24
Bauxite 12
,3 min 4th

~WPS~

richboy

Turner down to the 1!! Instead of scoring Badgers knee it
Arky 24
Bauxite 12
Final

$aintMaximu$

SUGARTOWN

hogfan10

BirdFlu

Didn't predict the right score but did have the winner winner chicken dinner

OrangeCrush.

Anyone have some details on this game? How does mighty Bauxite only score 12 points?

mharris31696

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 26, 2018, 10:01:39 pm
Anyone have some details on this game? How does mighty Bauxite only score 12 points?

Bauxite moved the ball almost at will until the 4th quarter. They either shot themselves in the foot or the Badgers stopped them.

hogfan10

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 26, 2018, 10:01:39 pm

Couldn't sustain drives against Badger front 7. Bauxite had sporadic success running, and 1 75+ yard run (that netted 0 points). Other than that they were 2nd/3rd and long all night.

Maynard G Krebs

Surprised me.  Keeps things  interesting though

hogfan10

October 26, 2018, 10:11:44 pm #78 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:17:51 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: mharris31696 on October 26, 2018, 10:07:41 pm
Bauxite moved the ball almost at will until the 4th quarter. They either shot themselves in the foot or the Badgers stopped them.

Guess we saw it differently.😃
They did have some success up until the badger 20/30 on a few drives, but for the most part the badgers were in their backfield on most plays.

Arkadelphia played w/o 2 of their better defenders for the entire game and one dL starter for 3 of the 4 quarters.

Superjack45

I knew it 7 4A is in a tissy right now.

justafan33

Bauxite had 298 yards rushing against the Badgers. Tough game after last weeks hype. Time to get the chip back and take down Nashville at the Pit.

RyanLR

Nashville is going to beat Bauxite.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on October 26, 2018, 10:45:30 pm

I think it's a toss up.
Nashville will need discipline on defense, and stay the course on offense to do so.

JoeWho

October 26, 2018, 10:54:32 pm #83 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:57:41 pm by JoeWho
Well, It was close until the 4th quarter.  :)

Bauxite has a good team.  I still think they are going to beat Nashville. 

Bauxite run well against the Badgers, but the Badgers are very much improved since even week 5. I had a friend that claimed the Badgers would wins easy.  Well, it was not easy!  I guess the only real problem with the the whole games as the our Passing offense.  Cannon Turner just hangs the ball in the air to long on some passing.  He had two interception this time.  One of those interceptions was really like a punt for us.  I don't believe a 4a team can wins the state championship unless they have a good passing offense, and I don't mean (when your 21 down) is the time to start.  When Bauxite started passing in the 4th quarter, I knew we had them at that point.  They had a few good passes, but they did not use it often.  It did work a few times.  I would have done it more when they were inside the 20. 

Good game, but (sarcasm coming)  They did not beat the man!  Woo!!!!

JoeWho

Quote from: RyanLR on October 26, 2018, 10:45:30 pm

No they are not!  If that team shows up at Nashville, Nashville is going to lose!  ;D

BirdFlu

Unless bauxite just lays an egg Nashville won't win. They don't play defense down there

scrapman

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 26, 2018, 11:02:56 pm
Unless bauxite just lays an egg Nashville won't win. They don't play defense down there
Just FYI.....Joe T gives up 19 a game. Arky gives up 27 a game. Bauxite gives up 21 a game. Nashville gives up 18 a game. It hasn't been terrible I guess.

moneyminers

It was very much a good game from both sides. The Arky team that bauxite faced isn't near the same team from earlier this season. Bauxite played well with them, but Arky was the better team. the offense was stuffed a lot throughout the game. the defense played well first half but began to give up chunks that would eventually cost them scores. We all learn from mistakes and I have no doubt that these boys will regroup and come out on a senior night next week ready for the task at hand. Proud Miner at heart right here.

Digger#23

23 not playing the second half did not help us at all. 
Twice in the first half we get in the red zone and come away with nothing. 
My hats off to Arkadelphia.  Good win for them.  Bauxite let them hang around in the first half when imo at the least the miners should have had 14 on the board.  It looked like half our team came to play and the other half didn't. We got little push in the middle and couldn't hold the edge ever.  Line play was weak or they were just out matched.  I'm not real sure but the effort was crap.  A blind man could see that.  Our tackling on defense was arm crap and grabbing. Very disappointed.  If you get whipped then you get whipped but to not give a 100 percent effort...embarrassing.  Better regroup and get your head together or go watch football on the couch.

justafan33

Scrappy and Orangedrink only come out of hiding to talk crap. Make that drive to Bauxite next Friday and get your feelings hurt.  Prediction...Bauxite wins, these two blame refs, come up with more excuses. Blah Blah Blah. Bauxite shuts up Nashville and wins conference next week.

Moose

Things aren't as they seem at the armpit, just sayin...

AirWarren

Warren plays Thursday. I'll watch that game.

I will be making the short trek over to the pit to see this Nash/bauxite game.

JoeWho

October 26, 2018, 11:53:08 pm #92 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:06:35 am by JoeWho
Quote from: Digger#23 on October 26, 2018, 11:29:42 pm
My hats off to Arkadelphia.  Good win for them.  Bauxite let them hang around in the first half when imo at the least the miners should have had 14 on the board.  It looked like half our team came to play and the other half didn't. We got little push in the middle and couldn't hold the edge ever.  Line play was weak or they were just out matched.  I'm not real sure but the effort was crap.  A blind man could see that.  Our tackling on defense was arm crap and grabbing. Very disappointed.  If you get whipped then you get whipped but to not give a 100 percent effort...embarrassing.  Better regroup and get your head together or go watch football on the couch.

Let us hang around?  Dude, this is what I call "pokerface ball".  Did you really think Bauxite was going to come down to Arkadelphia, hang 35 on us, and leave?

You won a close game last week.  You beat Joe T because they had that (we can beat you with our second string) attitude!  Well you got them in the end.

This week ( I hear the crowd- saying "We beat Joe T, we can beat the Badgers")  That's not how it works!  :o 
You better change that tune really quick.  Your facing Nashville next week.  Nashville know how to win close games.  Your not going to push them around either.  You can win if you don't make to many mistakes. Hopefully, you will make few then them.  Should I remember you that you have never beaten Nashville?

Hey guess what?  You have never beaten the Badgers too!   :P

I remember the State Championship game last year.  We won by 1.  We were one point better than Warren that day.  Any other day, we probably would have lost. 

You got to get your pokerface on.  Your one win away from the 7-4a Championship.  Did you know your still #1?

scrapman

Quote from: justafan33 on October 26, 2018, 11:42:48 pm
Scrappy and Orangedrink only come out of hiding to talk crap. Make that drive to Bauxite next Friday and get your feelings hurt.  Prediction...Bauxite wins, these two blame refs, come up with more excuses. Blah Blah Blah. Bauxite shuts up Nashville and wins conference next week.
Not sure you can find me blaming refs anywhere on here. Not sure I came out of hiding to talk crap either. Just stated a fact. No excuses here bud.

Digger#23

Quote from: JoeWho on October 26, 2018, 11:53:08 pm
Let us hang around?  Dude, this is what I call "pokerface ball".  Did you really think Bauxite was going to come down to Arkadelphia, hang 35 on us, and leave?

You won a close game last week.  You beat Joe T because they had that (we can beat you with our second string) attitude!  Well you got them in the end.

This week ( I hear the crowd- saying "We beat Joe T, we can beat the Badgers")  That's not how it works!  :o 
You better change that tune really quick.  Your facing Nashville next week.  Nashville know how to win close games.  Your not going to push them around either.  You can win if you don't make to many mistakes. Hopefully, you will make few then them.  Should I remember you that you have never beaten Nashville?

Hey guess what?  You have never beaten the Badgers too!   :P

I remember the State Championship game last year.  We won by 1.  We were one point better than Warren that day.  Any other day, we probably would have lost. 

You got to get your pokerface on.  Your one win away from the 7-4a Championship.  Did you know your still #1?
Joe,
My point that I made is that we didn't capitalize when we had the chance in the first half.  Badgers are too good of a team to not capitalize on when your in their redzone.  That statement really applies to any opponent. Like I've already said, my hats off to the badgers.  Now, sitting in the Bauxite stands. Never once did I hear a soul say or chant we beat Robinson so I have no clue where you are getting that.  I couldn't hear the PA guy from where I was at and I was on the 50.  When you get in the red zone and come away empty...that's called letting the other team hang around.  We could have added to the lead and didn't.  If I was the badger coach I have a pretty good idea what I'd be saying in the locker room at halftime.   I'm not making excuses.  The badgers were better than us tonight.

Mr. Mercer

Any injuries for either side tonight? Big games next week

mharris31696

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 26, 2018, 10:11:44 pm
Guess we saw it differently.😃
They did have some success up until the badger 20/30 on a few drives, but for the most part the badgers were in their backfield on most plays.

Arkadelphia played w/o 2 of their better defenders for the entire game and one dL starter for 3 of the 4 quarters.

I think we saw it pretty close. Your thoughts are spot on. 1st down Bauxite did much of nothing. 2nd and 3rd down is where they got their yards. Arkadelphia was lucky to only be down 6-3 at the half. I would love to knowwhat was said at halftime.

SCRAPYARD

Wow! Well losing is no fun at all and I'm sure it's hard for you to fathom that many victories in one season. And it's been an awesome year for bauxite. Congrats to the Miners! But for you as a parent to come on a high school football board with bias comments about the line play of your own team is ridiculous. These are 15-17 yr old "kids" that have entertained you and many more fans all year long. Just because your son didn't have 300 yards rushing and 5 tds your upset and point fingers. He is part of the team, not the team. Good luck next week.
#noiinteam

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 20, 2018, 07:42:54 am
Beware of a let down after a big emotional win and going on the road to play a pretty good team.

Called this one too. Wasn't too hard to see what was going to happen.

OrangeCrush.

October 27, 2018, 08:11:01 am #99 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:12:42 am by OrangeCrush.

So why did 23 not play in the 2nd half? Did he get mad like his daddy and take his ball and go home?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas