• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite @ Arkadelphia!

Started by JoeWho, October 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 27, 2018, 07:54:28 am
Called this one too. Wasn't too hard to see what was going to happen.

It's almost like you get paid to do this. 

Digger#23

Whatever.  Mad at Bauxite players..never.  Disappointed in a mental letdown, sure.  I know what these boys can do and they didnt do it tonight.  Life goes on and next week is Nashville.  I don't see the Miners by a man or as a team not being  fully focused on that game.  Now to your taking the ball and going home....its called a head injury.  But he's fine. 
Line play is mind set and physicality.  If one person isn't pulling the rope then there's a break down. In the Robinson game, that was the best OLine play I've seen in a few years.  It was outstanding. I give huge credit to the Badger D Line.  Those guys were studs last year and in my mind still are.  Several folks believed that this was a trap game for Bauxite and predicted us to lose.  Yall were right.  I didnt want to believe that but oh well.  It's a trap game because your not focused like you need to be.  Every individual on a team takes that on themselves to be prepared mentally.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I'll motivate my way and you just keep to misunderstanding.  Go Miners!!  Ps.  Scrap and Ugly Orange, you two jokers can stick it!

mossflyer

I saw Bauxite early in the year and last night. There is no comparison between the two teams in my opinion. Bauxite looked much better tonight and kudos to them and the coaching staff. They looked like they were ready to play to me. I think they started getting tired in the second half which lead to big plays and mentally started questioning themselves when they couldn't do what they wanted to do on offense.  Arkadelphia is a solid team with a solid defense. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

OrangeCrush.

How many players go both ways for bauxite?

beach bum

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 27, 2018, 09:53:54 am
How many players go both ways for bauxite?

But I thought they had like 80 players on their roster? Why would they need guys to go both ways or why would they get tired if they have 80 players  ;D

BirdFlu

Maybe it's 80 people but only have 11 players

mossflyer

They have several that go both ways. Most of their secondary is the starting backfield. They are good in the secondary.

JoeWho

October 27, 2018, 09:24:38 pm #107 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:52:30 pm by JoeWho
Quote from: Digger#23 on October 27, 2018, 12:21:55 am
Joe,
My point that I made is that we didn't capitalize when we had the chance in the first half.  Badgers are too good of a team to not capitalize on when your in their redzone.  That statement really applies to any opponent. Like I've already said, my hats off to the badgers.  Now, sitting in the Bauxite stands. Never once did I hear a soul say or chant we beat Robinson so I have no clue where you are getting that.  I couldn't hear the PA guy from where I was at and I was on the 50.  When you get in the red zone and come away empty...that's called letting the other team hang around.  We could have added to the lead and didn't.  If I was the badger coach I have a pretty good idea what I'd be saying in the locker room at halftime.   I'm not making excuses.  The badgers were better than us tonight.

I was around the 20 line about that time.  I think it was in the second quarter.  You know-- about the time the line ref has to stop the game and talk to us and your head coach. I say this much for your coach- he has a passion.   Anyway- yea someone on the line or crowd say it.  ( a couple of time if I remember right).
No biggie.  Everyone got alone in the second half.

Oldbadger

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 27, 2018, 10:03:40 am
Maybe it's 80 people but only have 11 players
I counted about 50 at the game against the Badgers.

BigRiverviewGuy

Arky has had a chip on their shoulder after going 0-5 and have shown a lot of determination and grit and I´m proud of them for taking down the #3 team in 4a!

Pintailkiller

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 27, 2018, 08:33:40 am

Line play is mind set and physicality.  If one person isn't pulling the rope then there's a break down. In the Robinson game, that was the best OLine play I've seen in a few years.  It was outstanding. I give huge credit to the Badger D Line.  Those guys were studs last year and in my mind still are. 

They hold every bit as good as Bama on that Oline.  Saw several photos with Zach Williams in a headlock - no flags.

RyanLR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas