• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

weightlifting

Started by footballfan, April 05, 2008, 04:28:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

footballfan

Junction City won its second straight Class AA State Weightlifting Title Saturday by lifting 4,455 pounds. Second was Danville followed by Des Arc. Bryant won the overall with Junction in the Top 5, despite having one fewer lifter than the others.
DeMarcus Kemp moved from 124 pounds to 132 on Saturday and set three new state records. His power clean lift of 240, bench press of 270 and 510 total were all state records.
Others who attended the event Saturday were Devin Ball, Clint McAdams, Grantel Kennedy, Alan Turner, Scott McDonald, Sam Thurlkill, Ashley Bailey, Darius Dixon and Jacob Thurlkill.

bleudog

CLICK HERE for full Sunday News article on 2008 2A state championship meet.

Congratulation to the Dragons.

-Painted Fan-

Man, that Kemp guy was AMAZING!  He actually weighs something like a buck-ten, and he's benching 270?!  Are you kidding me?!  AWESOME!
My Tigers won the 3A (3-Peat State Champs!), and my son-in-laws' little brother won his overall division (he weighs 148) with a lift of 265.
But Kemp was the big story.  Absolutely incredible!

bleudog

Quote from: bleudog on August 08, 2007, 11:03:33 am
Can't pass up posting this:

Great shot Rod. 

Demarcus (Poo Man) Kemp, a junior, might be the smallest Dragon but pound-for-pound he's definitely the strongest.  The young man holds at least 3 or 4 state weightlifting records for his weight class.

This is a picture that ran in the El Dorado paper last summer.

What Kemp can do is amazing.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I talked to one of the coaches from Mansfield and he said that kid was a stud.

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden has around four ppl benching around 350 now

Bearden_Bear72

and 3 of them are in the 10th grade

footballpsycho1

thats so crazy i dont even know how to respond to that

LionsRoar04

My little bro went to both of the combines in arkansas.(springdale & little rock) He told me there was a 9th grader @ the combine. Said he looked like he was in college. My brother told me that he thought that kid set a new record @ the combine for benching 185 as many times possible. That's crazy. Whats crazier is the kid could bench over 400lbs more than once. Now that is nutts. If sumone knows different please tell. Like I said I wasn't there my brother was.

The-Bookie

Yeah, that's the kid from Shiloh.  My brother lifted with him here in Springdale some.  The guys is a haus.  Really don't know what to think about a kid that lifts 450 lbs at that age :-\

Bearden_Bear72

I can only think of he is a MAN-BEAST

Saggy

He has the world record for a 15 year old bench press.

The-Bookie

Not sure how he will turn out in the long run because of being able to lift that much at 15 but he is the best daya/\/\ 15 year old in the field house ever!

Bearden_Bear72

is there any site with him on it?

footballfan

Congrats to Byran Jones and Grantel Kennedy, two of the guys on this year's state champion weightlifting team from Junction. This past Friday at a large track meet in Camden Jones took second in the shot put with Kennedy finishing fourth. They competed against the likes of Camden Fairview, Texarkana, El Dorado and other large schools. Jones is the defending Class AA state champion in the shot. Both will be back this fall for the Dragons' football team, Kennedy in the backfield and Jones on the OL and DL.

bleudog

The-Bookie

Record holder in the shot is still from Hermitage right?  I went to school there when he set it.  May have been broken by now though.

bleudog

Quote from: The-Bookie on April 22, 2008, 04:18:10 pm
Record holder in the shot is still from Hermitage right?  I went to school there when he set it.  May have been broken by now though.

I've seen some errors in this before, but here's what the AAA shows on their site:

Shot

65'10 ¾" Paul White, Russellville, 1974
69-10 ½ Paul White, Russellville, 74
54'8" Joe Trotter, Watson Chapel, 1983

http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/08SportsRecBook.pdf

EmbalmingFluid

May 05, 2008, 09:23:45 am #18 Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:25:42 am by Murphy
Quote from: LionsRoar04 on April 18, 2008, 09:28:50 am
My little bro went to both of the combines in arkansas.(springdale & little rock) He told me there was a 9th grader @ the combine. Said he looked like he was in college. My brother told me that he thought that kid set a new record @ the combine for benching 185 as many times possible. That's crazy. Whats crazier is the kid could bench over 400lbs more than once. Now that is nutts. If sumone knows different please tell. Like I said I wasn't there my brother was.

I actually met this kid a few months back in a gym here with the SC Strength Coach. I wasn't really impressed with the strength coach, but Harvill is a freak. I watched him do 315lbs for 15 speed reps after doing about 4 sets of reps with 275 and 295 and lower weights. He said then that he was lifting 475 for a one rep bench, where as now there is a highlight vid of him stating he does 500. Whats impressive to me is that he is now 15, was around 6'1'', and 255lbs solid. I've known several steroid freaks whenever I came up through football, the strongest of them getting around 430 or so max on bench as a senior. This cat is outlifting some naturally strong and juiced people and claiming to do it natural. If thats true, I tip my hat to him. Either way though, I don't think that anyone would be able to keep up with him by his senior year. It will be interesting to see how his highschool play unfolds.

bleudog

May 18, 2008, 08:12:08 am #19 Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:22:09 am by bleudog
CLICK HERE for picture of Junction City weight lifting team accepting a donation to help purchase state championship rings.

The-Bookie

Someone had told me on here that Teodis Ingram held the record until the guy he trained at Hermitage broke it.  Maybe it was AA or something.  No clue.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas