• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overall Records - Sr. Boys

Started by Clutch03, December 14, 2014, 12:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Clutch03

Would like to see where the top 10 maybe 15 teams stand with their records before the new year..(accurate records would be nice)

Clutch03

December 14, 2014, 12:18:56 pm #1 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:07:05 pm by Clutch03
Wonderview 17-2 (4-0)

Silky Johnson

PuddlePirate12

Googlymoogly

PuddlePirate12

I wish Emerson could play 18-19 games before Christmas. All the schools in the south don't start basketball very early so there's nobody to play but the teams in their district. And there's no tournaments within driving distance everyday til after Christmas

Clutch03

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 14, 2014, 08:57:21 pm
I wish Emerson could play 18-19 games before Christmas. All the schools in the south don't start basketball very early so there's nobody to play but the teams in their district. And there's no tournaments within driving distance everyday til after Christmas
I didn't know that but that explains the less games..yeah more games before Christmas couldn't hurt Emerson none..i saw some of the records on maxpreps.com and alot of scores have not been entered to show win or loss and also it doesn't list all tournament games..its not a real good source..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Clutch03 on December 14, 2014, 10:23:58 pm
I didn't know that but that explains the less games..yeah more games before Christmas couldn't hurt Emerson none..i saw some of the records on maxpreps.com and alot of scores have not been entered to show win or loss and also it doesn't list all tournament games..its not a real good source..

Maxpreps is only as good as the fans/coaches putting in the scores....

Mr. Basketball

December 14, 2014, 10:34:15 pm #8 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:21:22 pm by Mr. Basketball
Izard County 17-4  (8-0)

PuddlePirate12

Emerson has had 3 games canceled this year because of football. Plus there aren't many schools in the area anyway. Only the 6 in our district then the next closest our size are Kirby and all that district. We played Dermott for the first time this year so hopefully we can start scheduling them a couple times early. But Magnolia, Parker's Chapel, Lafayette County, Hampton, and Gurdon all Don't want to play Emerson because they're a smaller school. Plus no Louisiana teams want to play

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 14, 2014, 10:40:31 pm

Emerson has had 3 games canceled this year because of football. Plus there aren't many schools in the area anyway. Only the 6 in our district then the next closest our size are Kirby and all that district. We played Dermott for the first time this year so hopefully we can start scheduling them a couple times early. But Magnolia, Parker's Chapel, Lafayette County, Hampton, and Gurdon all Don't want to play Emerson because they're a smaller school. Plus no Louisiana teams want to play

Dermott is technically a 1A school that petitioned to stay up in their traditional conference. Really weird that 2A schools don't want to play a 1A school....seems like a good chance to play a local school of relatively the same size in a competitive ball game to me...

PuddlePirate12

Dermott had no problem playing. They were looking for opponents since everyone they normally play is still in football in October and November. But Magnolia refuses to play because if they get beat they look bad. Hampton coach said they and Gurdon dropped out of dual state tournament because they didn't want to play Emerson or JC. Lafayette County.. Idk they just won't play us or Bradley for some reason.. And Parker's Chapel players told me they didn't want to play Emerson. The good thing about being in central arkansas is you can go any direction and find good competition. Being in the bottom corner all you can do is go north and east. Hard to find anyone not 4-5 hours away. Which ain't bad but you don't wanna make those trips twice a week every week

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 14, 2014, 10:54:31 pm
Dermott had no problem playing. They were looking for opponents since everyone they normally play is still in football in October and November. But Magnolia refuses to play because if they get beat they look bad. Hampton coach said they and Gurdon dropped out of dual state tournament because they didn't want to play Emerson or JC. Lafayette County.. Idk they just won't play us or Bradley for some reason.. And Parker's Chapel players told me they didn't want to play Emerson. The good thing about being in central arkansas is you can go any direction and find good competition. Being in the bottom corner all you can do is go north and east. Hard to find anyone not 4-5 hours away. Which ain't bad but you don't wanna make those trips twice a week every week

Been to Bradley so I hear ya on the travel part :D.... Gurdon and Hampton sound like they are scared to play someone good. L.C sounds like they still have sour grapes over Bradley consolidating with Emerson-Taylor instead of them(pretty sure I read an article that said L.C tried to block that consolidation)

PuddlePirate12

Lafayette county still plays Taylor though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 14, 2014, 11:15:36 pm
Lafayette county still plays Taylor though.

Alright, ad them to the scared to play a good smaller school then...

MomaLion

Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 10:29:37 pm
I had to submit a request to add the tournament games on there but it was taken care of within a day or two.

Maxpreps is only as good as the fans/coaches putting in the scores....

CRHS4LIFE

epotts

Norfork is currently 14-5 (4-2 in 1A 2 North)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas