• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memo Vista vs Cabot girls tonight 12/12

Started by Cabotred, December 12, 2014, 01:11:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

December 12, 2014, 01:11:53 pm Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:31:18 pm by Cabotred
A true David and Goliath match up!

I applaud NV for stepping up and playing teams in higher classification. I know as defending state champs it will only make them better.  I heard they thumped Benton last night and I am excited to see them play Cabot tonight. Can someone tell about the team?  They impressed a lot of folks at the area last night. Said they were the most sound team that they have ever seen play. If they have any weakness it would be depth.

Cabot girls are pretty good with # 22 Harrison or #21 Sullivan doing most of scoring but have three others that could account for 20 on any given night. They play well as a team and try to get up and down the floor, but have a good half court offense if pace dictates it. 

redhawkmomma

This game should be VERY interesting. The Nemo girls start one senior, one junior, and 3 sophomores. Depth is also not a problem. The bench is solid and there are 3-4 deep that can sub in and hang at any time. They play as a team and have a very cohesive defense. Nemo trailed Benton after the 1st quarter last night, but very quickly found their rhythm in the 2nd and in the 3rd took the solid lead with several unanswered points.

SirSwish

Cabotred

Quote from: redhawkmomma on December 12, 2014, 02:36:41 pm
This game should be VERY interesting. The Nemo girls start one senior, one junior, and 3 sophomores. Depth is also not a problem. The bench is solid and there are 3-4 deep that can sub in and hang at any time. They play as a team and have a very cohesive defense. Nemo trailed Benton after the 1st quarter last night, but very quickly found their rhythm in the 2nd and in the 3rd took the solid lead with several unanswered points.

Interesting indeed. Not that Cabot is a powerhouse program but this match up make me think of movie Hoosiers.  I like pulling for the under dog but can't pull against my Panthers. After last night performance nobody is over looking NV and girls are ready for match up.

I was thinking the bench might be deciding factor but it sounds like it is not. Our girls go pretty deep without much drop off.  We are fairly young also. Only 2 seniors on team, they start.  Six jr and couple of Sophmores that get playing time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cabotred on December 12, 2014, 03:25:40 pm
Quote from: redhawkmomma on December 12, 2014, 02:36:41 pm

Interesting indeed. Not that Cabot is a powerhouse program but this match up make me think of movie Hoosiers.  I like pulling for the under dog but can't pull against my Panthers. After last night performance nobody is over looking NV and girls are ready for match up.

I was thinking the bench might be deciding factor but it sounds like it is not. Our girls go pretty deep without much drop off.  We are fairly young also. Only 2 seniors on team, they start.  Six jr and couple of Sophmores that get playing time.

anybody know how this one goes?

And Cabotred, Nemo's two best players in my opinions are sophmores that started on last years state title team...

Catfish

BasketballNeverStops

Seen Cabot had won on Twitter but unsure of the final score.

coach05

Heard Cabot won 45-32 in end. Nemo was able to tie game in 3rd but Cabot's defense was too much for them to handle in the end. Also heard game was down to 7 in last minute of game before a couple TOs and lay ups by Cabot which pushed it out. Should be a great learning experience for the young Nemo team. Haven't got to see them in awhile but plan on making game tomorrow to watch them play Vilonia.

Forrest City H

Yes, Nemo Vista girls are very tough, and should roll again in 1A along with Wonderview.  They had leads in the 2nd half on both Cabot and Vilonia, but lost 45-32 to Cabot, and lost 37-25 to Vilonia, after only managing 5 points in the 2nd half. 

Cabotred

NV played represented themselves well in both game. I didn't watch much of the Vilionia game.  In the Cabot game, NV was not used to playing against the size and quickness of Cabot. I cant tell you how many steals and lay ups the the Cabot girls had but is was difference in ballgame. Cabot also went 10 deep and at end of game it showed. I also believe the lack of size hurt NV against us. Not that our bigs dominated but shooting over someone that considerably taller than what you practice against you will have to change your shot and Cabot's starting post player didn't play because of concussion received against Vilionia the game prior. 

NV is a very good basketball team that plays great fundamentally and will do well in their conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas