• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Players right now

Started by Coachbanks12, December 10, 2014, 03:18:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

Name top players boys/girls in conference right now

Eagles

7 West
Girls- Caddo Hills- Martin
        Kirby- Cowort
        Acorn- Looney

Boys- Jackson- Acorn
        Kirby- Foshie and Smith

HorseFeathers

Roby and Siebenmorgan from Scranton....If they had any kind of 3rd option on Offense they could make a run I think...

SirSwish

Quote from: Eagles on December 10, 2014, 07:43:49 pm
7 West
        Kirby- Cowort
        Acorn- Looney

Boys- Jackson- Acorn
        Kirby- Foshie and Smith

Really?  Woooooooooooow!  That water at Tossalot must be clouding  your vision!

PuddlePirate12

Emerson- Tavion Revels and Jaleen Jackson
Bradley- Nelson #24 and Jackson #1
Nevada- the Jackson boy from Stephens
Taylor- Devin Graves
Sparkman- Rob Franks
Trinity Christian- Austin Cree maybe?

The 5 best are the two (maybe 3 with Jefferson) from Emerson, two from Bradley, and from what I saw one from Taylor but he can't handle the ball very well. This district is weak this year

JP

Quote from: SirSwish on December 12, 2014, 08:35:37 am
Quote from: Eagles on December 10, 2014, 07:43:49 pm
7 West
        Kirby- Cowort
        Acorn- Looney

Boys- Jackson- Acorn
        Kirby- Foshie and Smith

Really?  Woooooooooooow!  That water at Tossalot must be clouding  your vision!

Come on SirSwish, just an opinion.  These are probably the players that seemed to play the best when the respective teams played Cossatot.  Instead of throwing ridicule at someone's opinion why not submit your top players.  I'm sure you'll find others that will not agree with your picks neither. 
3 of the 6 players picked were from Kirby.  Is it the players picked or that you think more should be chosen from Kirby?? 
Come on.... What's your thoughts on the best players in our Conference so far.

AVGBBFAN

In the 1a 3e : Watson,  Pritchett, Crain, and Layne are the tops now.

JP

7 West

Boys - Jackson (Acorn)  Foshee and Smith (Kirby)

Girls - Looney (Acorn)  Ray and Stinson (Kirby) 

Yes, I know Megan Stinson is out right now.  When she comes back, she will still be a top 3 player in our district.

coach05

What happened to Stinson? How long is she out?

SirSwish

Any time you lose any senior, it can hurt a team.  For example.....Acorn lost a couple of girls that hurt them this year. I think that any girl that can play will stand out at Acorn right now.....however....from what I see, the best girls in the conference hands down are all at Kirby in this conference.  I don't see anyone else in the conference that is even close to Kirby's girls. I agree with some of the selections that have been made, however, there are some that are missing.  If you have watched Kirby this year, that would be easily seen even though there are many  people that don't want to admit it.  Coach Tucker has done a great job getting this team deeper so that one loss of even a senior won't have as much effect on the team due to foul trouble, injuries or otherwise.  I hope Megan gets better and is able to play this year.  She has worked hard throughout high school and deserves to finish the right way.

Mr. Basketball

December 15, 2014, 02:02:33 pm #10 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:11:29 pm by Mr. Basketball
1A 2 North Best Players:  (Girls) Kennedy Cooper (soph), Lauren Jones (sr), Jen King (fr) from Izard County 
                                               Cheyenne Acklin (sr), Kelcy Acklin (soph), Norfork
                                               Kelsey Fry (jr) Calico Rock
                                               Laiken Brown (sr) Viola

(Boys) Andrew Walker (jr), Clay Mosley (jr), Andy Markovic (sr), Michael Gleghorn (sr) from Izard County
                                               Travis Lewis (soph), Norfork
                                               Bryan Parnell (jr) Calico Rock   
                                               Trevor Himshoot (jr) Viola
                                               Collin Powell (sr), Mammoth Spring

JP

Quote from: coach05 on December 15, 2014, 07:44:16 am
What happened to Stinson? How long is she out?

Broken jaw from a game early in November.  Think she may be able to return in January.  What I heard several weeks ago but not sure if anything has changed or not. 

JP

Quote from: SirSwish on December 15, 2014, 08:37:10 am
Any time you lose any senior, it can hurt a team.  For example.....Acorn lost a couple of girls that hurt them this year. I think that any girl that can play will stand out at Acorn right now.....however....from what I see, the best girls in the conference hands down are all at Kirby in this conference.  I don't see anyone else in the conference that is even close to Kirby's girls. I agree with some of the selections that have been made, however, there are some that are missing.  If you have watched Kirby this year, that would be easily seen even though there are many  people that don't want to admit it.  Coach Tucker has done a great job getting this team deeper so that one loss of even a senior won't have as much effect on the team due to foul trouble, injuries or otherwise.  I hope Megan gets better and is able to play this year.  She has worked hard throughout high school and deserves to finish the right way.

Soooo, Kirby girls are the Bay boys of the South.  Starting lineup and all the reserves are better than anybody else that steps on the court.
You don't think Jessica Looney stands out??  I think anyone that knows basketball and has watched her play would recognize right away that she is a great player.  Great offense does not make a great player, as most think.  Jess is a great all around player that plays within her team and is as happy to make an assist as score a basket.  She also plays defense.
I only watch Kirby a few times a year, when they play Acorn and maybe another time or two when they are playing close by and Acorn does not play.  Probably the same with most fans around here, you attend your home games and maybe a few others. as scheduling allows.  Kirby has some great talent and a deep bench.  They have a great program, good coaches, good kids, everything most would want in a high school program.  That don't mean they have the best players from top to bottom.
When I look at "the best players", I'm looking for those who can also play some at the next level.  So far, I've only seen 3 that I think can play college basketball in our conference (from div III or div II).  Those are the three players I listed. 
Once the seniors from Kirby graduate and the underclassmen move up, I may see college ability in them also but I don't right now.

You still did not list your top 3, only that they are from Kirby.  I understand if you don't want to list, might create some bad mojo for the ones you list at 4 or 5.

JP

Quote from: JP on December 15, 2014, 05:15:52 pm

Soooo, Kirby girls are the Bay boys of the South.  Starting lineup and all the reserves are better than anybody else that steps on the court.
You don't think Jessica Looney stands out??  I think anyone that knows basketball and has watched her play would recognize right away that she is a great player.  Great offense does not make a great player, as most think.  Jess is a great all around player that plays within her team and is as happy to make an assist as score a basket.  She also plays defense.
I only watch Kirby a few times a year, when they play Acorn and maybe another time or two when they are playing close by and Acorn does not play.  Probably the same with most fans around here, you attend your home games and maybe a few others. as scheduling allows.  Kirby has some great talent and a deep bench.  They have a great program, good coaches, good kids, everything most would want in a high school program.  That don't mean they have the best players from top to bottom.
When I look at "the best players", I'm looking for those who can also play some at the next level.  So far, I've only seen 3 that I think can play college basketball in our conference (from div III or div II).  Those are the three players I listed. 
Once the seniors from Kirby graduate and the underclassmen move up, I may see college ability in them also but I don't right now.

You still did not list your top 3, only that they are from Kirby.  I understand if you don't want to list, might create some bad mojo for the ones you list at 4 or 5.

Nothing else negative from me.  I try to stay positive on here and enjoy the information from around the state.  We all have our opinions and nobody is wrong in their opinion.  Sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't.  A little ribbing from one team to another should always be done in fun and good sportsmanship, not just on the court with the kids but also from us.  They do learn our habits, both good and bad.  Good luck Swish to you and the Lady Trojans.

Coachbanks12

I really don't know a lot of players from your conference but Stinson from kirby is all the way nice i love her game i seen her over summer and school ball she can play. No disrespect to any other players in conference

sportsfan-3

I think the Harrison girl could play for Coach Dykes at Fayettville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas